Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003-7/)
-   -   Looking up at Camrys and Accords? (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/703275-looking-up-camrys-accords.html)

Mike88SE 12-29-2018 11:43 PM

Looking up at Camrys and Accords?

I moved from a slightly raised truck to this car so maybe thats a big part of it but I look up at most other imports. This car isn't lowered but it is low. I think it's lower than my CLS was and that car was lowered slightly. You guys w/ lowered cars must be looking up at everybody.
Randoms musings... the SRS light is back. On my Acura the SRS light could be triggered by pulling too hard on the seat belt in addition to having a factory recall (or TSB) due to some sensor in the seat belt buckle being overly sensitive and triggering the light. The dealer took care of that even tho the car was long out of warranty. I suppose they were spooked by the Takata airbags which they also replaced. I don't suppose the Max has had anything like that?

Derrick2k2SE 12-30-2018 07:42 AM

I never noticed much of a difference. I've driven plenty of CLs Accords and Camrys while owning the Maxima. I sold cars at an Acura dealership for years so I was always in and out of both new and used cars of all types. My car is slightly lowered now but not slammed at all. It still feels normal compared to other cars.

I do notice that when I drive my van for a while the Maxima feels really low when I get back in it. In fact, since the van has become more of a daily driver the Max is starting to feel like a small lowered Civic when I get in it.

Child_uv_KoRn 12-30-2018 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mike88SE (Post 9191537)
I moved from a slightly raised truck to this car so maybe thats a big part of it but I look up at most other imports. This car isn't lowered but it is low. I think it's lower than my CLS was and that car was lowered slightly. You guys w/ lowered cars must be looking up at everybody.
Randoms musings... the SRS light is back. On my Acura the SRS light could be triggered by pulling too hard on the seat belt in addition to having a factory recall (or TSB) due to some sensor in the seat belt buckle being overly sensitive and triggering the light. The dealer took care of that even tho the car was long out of warranty. I suppose they were spooked by the Takata airbags which they also replaced. I don't suppose the Max has had anything like that?

LOL, yes, pass airbag is takata and under recall.

Mike88SE 12-31-2018 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Child_uv_KoRn (Post 9191573)
LOL, yes, pass airbag is takata and under recall.

OMG is this too good to be true? 2 Recalls associated with this VIN
May 14,2015 Manufacturer Recall Number R1711 NHTSA Recall Number 15v-287 Recall Status Recall Incomplete Summary The Front Passenger Air Bag Inflator In Your Vehicle May Have Been Manufactured Out Of Specification. Safety Risk If A Vehicle With An Affected Air Bag Inflator Is Involved In A Crash Where The Front Passenger Air Bag Is Designed To Deploy, It Is Possible That The Inflator Housing May Rupture Which May Increase The Risk Of An Injury To The Front Seat Occupant. Remedy Your Nissan Dealer Will Replace The Affected Front Passenger Air Bag Inflator With A New One. This Free Service Should Take 2 Hours To Complete, But Your Nissan Dealer May Require Your Vehicle For A Longer Period Of Time Based Upon Their Work Schedule.
-----
May 28,2002 Manufacturer Recall Number r2006 NHTSA Recall Number 02v-146 Recall Status recall Incomplete

Summary
The Pin At The End Of The Front Suspension Transverse Link (Lower Control Arm) Could Break Where It Is Mounted To The Frame.

Safety Risk
This Can Cause A Knocking Sound And Abnormal Steering. This Could Result In Difficulty Controlling The Vehicle And Increasing The Risk Of A Crash.

Remedy
Dealers Will Replace The Transverse Links On The Left And Right Sides With New Ones.

Manufacturer's Notes
Please Contact Nissan Consumer Affairs At (800) Nissan-1 (Or 800-647-7261) For Additional Questions. Monday - Friday 7:00am To 7:00pm Cst