Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003-7/)
-   -   Is there any more upgrades for the 2000 maxima? (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/703715-there-any-more-upgrades-2000-maxima.html)

Maxima2000vq30dek 02-20-2019 02:28 PM

Is there any more upgrades for the 2000 maxima?

I have a 2000 maxima gle automatic
I want to increase more power.
the mods I have is ebay catback and jwt intake

Amave 02-20-2019 04:44 PM

Make sure your VIAS is working properly to get the full 222 hp

Slamrod 02-20-2019 05:06 PM

Headers if you can/afford them, or bore out your precats. Y pipe will get you the best bang for your buck.

ChrisMan287 02-21-2019 07:21 AM

Forced induction is the way to go.

cdoublejj 02-21-2019 01:14 PM

pistons, rods, cranks, cams, strokers etc etc can take everything the 3.5 can with some work.

Maxima2000vq30dek 02-21-2019 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Slamrod (Post 9195748)
Headers if you can/afford them, or bore out your precats. Y pipe will get you the best bang for your buck.

is the warspeed y pipe any good?

Maxima2000vq30dek 02-21-2019 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisMan287 (Post 9195797)
Forced induction is the way to go.

turbo or supercharged?

Slamrod 02-21-2019 04:52 PM

Warpspeed y pipe are (were) probably one of the most popular mods for good reason, they were cheap, easy, and freed up good power. I know on the 4th gens it was the best bang for your buck mod there was, im sure the 3.0 5th gens benefit the same way. Something like 15+ whp gains for a couple hundred bucks.

turbo or supercharged? There used to be plug and play supercharger kits for these cars, i think theres one for sale in the classifieds currently. Theyre very hard to come by since theyre from the early 2000s. Turbos on the other hand require a custom setup. They both have pros and cons to them, you can use good to look into that debate. In any case id say boosting is pretty far from simple lol

you might wish to learn how to drive stick, the manual trans on these cars is significantly faster than the autos are.

Maxima2000vq30dek 02-21-2019 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Slamrod (Post 9195835)
Warpspeed y pipe are (were) probably one of the most popular mods for good reason, they were cheap, easy, and freed up good power. I know on the 4th gens it was the best bang for your buck mod there was, im sure the 3.0 5th gens benefit the same way. Something like 15+ whp gains for a couple hundred bucks.

turbo or supercharged? There used to be plug and play supercharger kits for these cars, i think theres one for sale in the classifieds currently. Theyre very hard to come by since theyre from the early 2000s. Turbos on the other hand require a custom setup. They both have pros and cons to them, you can use good to look into that debate. In any case id say boosting is pretty far from simple lol

you might wish to learn how to drive stick, the manual trans on these cars is significantly faster than the autos are.

thanks im going to get that warspeed y pipe and a high Flow cat or a test pipe soon
is there any tune to run these mods for power because I seen ppl using a safc2 To tune them I want to get up to 200whp is it possible with the y pipe and hfc and a safc2? I already have the jwt intake and a catback

Slamrod 02-21-2019 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Maxima2000vq30dek (Post 9195840)

thanks im going to get that warspeed y pipe and a high Flow cat or a test pipe soon
is there any tune to run these mods for power because I seen ppl using a safc2 To tune them I want to get up to 200whp is it possible with the y pipe and hfc and a safc2? I already have the jwt intake and a catback

Bore out your precats also or get headers, and with the mods you listed + a piggyback tune you should definitely be in the ballpark of 200whp. You should check out the all motor subforum, its a bit ancient and dusty over there but theres tons of good info from back in the day regarding the setup youre looking to run.

Slamrod 02-22-2019 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by User1 (Post 9195858)
Food for thought before you go crazy with the computer:

https://motoiq.com/piggyback-ecus-ar...r-your-health/

For clarity, by piggyback i was referring to fuel controllers such as SAFC, VAFC2, etc. rather than stuff like e-manage, my fault. The latter would be total overkill for a build like this.

ChrisMan287 02-22-2019 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Maxima2000vq30dek (Post 9195834)
turbo or supercharged?

Supercharger is pretty easy to install and can still make decent power. Turbo makes more power due to efficiency but takes a bit more expertise to put together. The choice is yours.

Maxima2000vq30dek 02-22-2019 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Slamrod (Post 9195870)

For clarity, by piggyback i was referring to fuel controllers such as SAFC, VAFC2, etc. rather than stuff like e-manage, my fault. The latter would be total overkill for a build like this.

so do I get a wideband and a safc2 tune the car?

Slamrod 02-22-2019 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Maxima2000vq30dek (Post 9195902)

so do I get a wideband and a safc2 tune the car?

if you are looking for a very basic and simple way to tune, yes, personally id recomend going that route. There are other more in depth ways to tune but in my personal opinion that should be good enough for your purposes. I actually have an apexi VAFC2 im selling, if your interested shoot me a pm.

Also i would do some research on the all-motor subforum before you make any moves, for example this thread;
https://maxima.org/forums/all-motor/...mt-6-7-eu.html
like dont just take my word for anything lol, you should always do some reading and make sure for yourself.

edit: wanted to add that along with your wideband you will also need a way to datalog. Most effective way would to buy Nissan Data Scan 2 and link your wideband controller to your laptop. Yet another thing you should read up on, its an awesome piece of software well worth the $60 pricetag.

BronxSleeperMax187 02-22-2019 01:30 PM

I would start by looking for a 5 speed tranny and all the parts needed for the swap.......the tranny is your weakness, then I would get some 15 inch rims and headers with y pipe, not just the ypipe alone.....best bang for the buck without turbo....you already have the cat back and intake so that will make it work better. If you love your auto and want to keep it auto.......you can beef up that transmission instead and rebuild it and get the valve body upgrade and cooler and high stall converter etc...

Maxima2000vq30dek 02-22-2019 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by BronxSleeperMax187 (Post 9195923)
I would start by looking for a 5 speed tranny and all the parts needed for the swap.......the tranny is your weakness, then I would get some 15 inch rims and headers with y pipe, not just the ypipe alone.....best bang for the buck without turbo....you already have the cat back and intake so that will make it work better. If you love your auto and want to keep it auto.......you can beef up that transmission instead and rebuild it and get the valve body upgrade and cooler and high stall converter etc...

What type of headers? You mean warpspeed y pipe or Obx headers?
Is the shift kit any better?

Maxima2000vq30dek 02-22-2019 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Slamrod (Post 9195907)

if you are looking for a very basic and simple way to tune, yes, personally id recomend going that route. There are other more in depth ways to tune but in my personal opinion that should be good enough for your purposes. I actually have an apexi VAFC2 im selling, if your interested shoot me a pm.

Also i would do some research on the all-motor subforum before you make any moves, for example this thread;
https://maxima.org/forums/all-motor/...mt-6-7-eu.html
like dont just take my word for anything lol, you should always do some reading and make sure for yourself.

edit: wanted to add that along with your wideband you will also need a way to datalog. Most effective way would to buy Nissan Data Scan 2 and link your wideband controller to your laptop. Yet another thing you should read up on, its an awesome piece of software well worth the $60 pricetag.

i really don't know how to install a piggyback or a wideband or tune a car don't I need to pay some performance shop to install it and dyno tune it?

Maxima2000vq30dek 02-22-2019 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Slamrod (Post 9195851)

Bore out your precats also or get headers, and with the mods you listed + a piggyback tune you should definitely be in the ballpark of 200whp. You should check out the all motor subforum, its a bit ancient and dusty over there but theres tons of good info from back in the day regarding the setup youre looking to run.

does it the warpspeed y pipe delete the precats? Is it the warpspeed y pipe better then the obx headers???

Prophecy99 03-12-2019 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Maxima2000vq30dek (Post 9195951)

i really don't know how to install a piggyback or a wideband or tune a car don't I need to pay some performance shop to install it and dyno tune it?

yes then you would have to pay a shop to tune.

Originally Posted by Maxima2000vq30dek (Post 9195952)

does it the warpspeed y pipe delete the precats? Is it the warpspeed y pipe better then the obx headers???

the 2000 - 2001 ypipe deletes one precat (bank 1), but you still have bank 2 pre cat left at the front. , and i think you can have both of them, they are two different pieces. if you are wondering about power, headers above all. (i think they don't do as well on 5th gen as they do on the 5.5 gen tho)