5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

would like to ask a question about my Bose in dash CD changer

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 02:40 AM
Banned

would like to ask a question about my Bose in dash CD changer

Hello everyone, I am new to this site and hopefully this isn't a stupid question but I am having a very strange problem with my 2003 Nissan Maxima's in dash CD changer. I have done a search for this particular problem but did not find anything-- just that these units are notoriously unreliable!

Anyway, my problem is that when the car is off my in dash CD changer works absolutely fine- plays CDs perfectly, switches between them fine, etc. But as soon as I turn my car on, it suddenly has a load of trouble reading CDs-- most of the time it just won't play them, other times it plays like 1 second then stalls then plays another couple seconds then stalls etc. like it's skipping badly.
If I turn the car back off while a CD is trying to play, it IMMEDIATELY starts playing the CD just fine again! Turn the car back on, and tons of problems again.

I am trying to determine whether this is simply a problem being caused from the vibration of the engine (and if so could I dampen the unit somehow like a towel wrapped around it or something similar?) Or is it something else like an electrical issue- like the player is not getting enough juice to operate properly when the car is on? (I don't have this issue with the radio or the tape player it's just the CD portion of the deck, so if this is the case it is relegated to only the CD mechanism.)

Has anyone else had this specific issue and if so how did you fix it? (I suppose everyone here will likely say to just go out and get a new aftermarket unit but I actually like the sound of the factory system when it's working.) Thank you all
Old 06-20-2019, 12:10 PM
Administrator

I know who you are...adios bro.

Pretending to be a woman is also pretty

Last edited by The Wizard; 07-02-2019 at 05:41 PM.