Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008-48/)
-   -   Guys That Made The 2004 Maxima (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008/143324-guys-made-2004-maxima.html)

Stick Max 03-11-2003 07:25 PM

Guys That Made The 2004 Maxima

do those idiots that made this 2004 maxima go on this forum, this might be the biggest fan base of maxima right here, they can get all their maxima ideas here and everything they can think of we can tell them is good or bad. if they did this they might actually have a 35 thousand dollar car WORTH buying.

Stick Max 03-11-2003 07:27 PM

PS

my 95 stick maxima with an intake and an exaust burns a 2003 stock maxima automatic. IM SURE THE SAME THING will go for the 2004... now my car cost me 4 thousand dollars so far... i mean u let me know. if u think different

ILoveMyMax 03-11-2003 08:29 PM

Re: PS

I dont know what to say except, newbie....:laugh:

Quicksilver 03-11-2003 09:15 PM

Originally posted by Stick Max
my 95 stick maxima with an intake and an exaust burns a 2003 stock maxima automatic. IM SURE THE SAME THING will go for the 2004... now my car cost me 4 thousand dollars so far... i mean u let me know. if u think different
:smash: :bs:

TimW 03-11-2003 10:53 PM

yes, on occasion they do. Years ago, I discussed a post of mine with someone from the 5th gen design team. :nervous:

TheSaCK 03-11-2003 11:04 PM

I would buy this 35k car in a heart beat.. Considering nothing comes to this car in performance and value. only thing that beats its value is the Avalon.. but that runs like a POS .

you put 4k into a maxima so u can beat a automatic =X u parents must be proud?

SteVTEC 03-12-2003 06:28 AM

In case you guys didn't know...

2004 Maxima 3.5SE starts at $26,950 MSRP

Hardly any price increase, and more standard equipment over the previous base SE model. And since when do Nissan's actually sell for MSRP. :rolleyes:

Geez, why does everybody have this $35k thing stuck in their heads? :gotme:

jbgoodmax 03-12-2003 07:05 AM

Gen Haters

Originally posted by SteVTEC
In case you guys didn't know...

2004 Maxima 3.5SE starts at $26,950 MSRP

Hardly any price increase, and more standard equipment over the previous base SE model. And since when do Nissan's actually sell for MSRP. :rolleyes:

Geez, why does everybody have this $35k thing stuck in their heads? :gotme:

I'm with you.

It now seems that people are looking for any reason to discount the 04 in favor of ...

Oh it costs too much, TQ steer to bad, Oh That tooth is horrible, I bet it's not faster than mine, .... on and on

rcy 03-12-2003 07:28 AM

Re: Gen Haters

Originally posted by jbgoodmax

I'm with you.

It now seems that people are looking for any reason to discount the 04 in favor of ...

Oh it costs too much, TQ steer to bad, Oh That tooth is horrible, I bet it's not faster than mine, .... on and on

Dudes, I would give up my '88 GL (Canadian) without a second thought, if I could afford a new Max. :laugh:

BrentG 03-12-2003 10:55 AM

I'm with you.
It now seems that people are looking for any reason to discount the 04 in favor of... Oh it costs too much, TQ steer to bad, Oh That tooth is horrible, I bet it's not faster than mine, .... on and on
Im with you, im getting tired of all the 4th and 3rd gen owners putting down the 04 max cause they cant afford a new max.

Raven 03-12-2003 11:26 AM

Definitely true,
This same trend in comments happenned when the 5th gens rolled out. I didn't even know about the org back then, but I can only imagine the aprehensive feelings towards what was a big change back in '00.

Its a paradigm shift. Nissan isn't trying to kill the company nor push some crazy ideas on people. They are taking a risk and whoever is making these decisions seems to be on the ball (based on their earnings in the past 3 years that have dramatically improved).

That company is definitely trying to revitalize its place in the auto market. We can only imagine what is to come with the 05's and 06's...just think about the 02's and 03's! (I have an 00, I'm not being biased)... ;)

No, I DON'T work for Nissan...I'm even ****ed at them for this warped rotor crap and the lousy paint. I'm just hoping for the best here...because dammit, I love cars...especially when I can afford one!! :laugh:

I hope this 6th is an animal and eventually turns into a beast...a beast with good paint and non-disposable brake rotors. :goofy:

Stick Max 03-12-2003 12:35 PM

When I Say 4K

Originally posted by TheSaCK
I would buy this 35k car in a heart beat.. Considering nothing comes to this car in performance and value. only thing that beats its value is the Avalon.. but that runs like a POS .

you put 4k into a maxima so u can beat a automatic =X u parents must be proud?

hey buddy when i say 4k i mean my car cost me 3.5k and i put 500 into it.... and it burns it and i have had no problems yet with it... 95 maxima got it at an auction. ! what can i say... and for all you guys that say base price 26,000 thats if u dont need wheels or brakes. :laugh:

MS 2K1 AE 03-12-2003 03:04 PM

Re: When I Say 4K

and for all you guys that say base price 26,000 thats if u dont need wheels or brakes. :laugh:

SteVTEC is right...I buy a new car about every 18 months because I travel so much (4-5K miles per month). I have purchased an '01 and an '03 from my current dealer. The '03 was in July. The sales rep there knows I will be trading up soon, so he called me the day he got an '04 on the lot (Monday) to look at it. He had an offer ready as well.

04' 6 speed with all options except the Elite/Journey package. So what could I get?

Leather...heated everything...Bose...HLSD...sunroof...plus all the new goodies like IRS, 18"s, more horse and a really slick interior. All for $32290 MSRP.

What don't I get...Navigation and rear bucket seats. Neither of which I wanted anyway.

What was the offer??? $29500 plus tax/title. This is a brand new car and they are already coming down almost $3k off of sticker. Is that price below invoice? I don't know, probably not. Edmunds hasn't posted that info yet. I figure by the time I am ready to buy next January or so, I can get that car (or an '05 depending on launch date) for at least $1000 less.

Now, I paid around $26k for my '03 that stickered at $30K. So the price has realistically gone up a couple of grand. That seems pretty fair to me.

BJGemini 03-12-2003 03:46 PM

Burns it. :spit:

B

perrymaxima 03-12-2003 04:35 PM

I was driving by my local Nissan dealer and I saw the 2004 Maxima out of the corner of my eye the car cought my attention. They had a sterling mist SE and a Silver SL they are stunning cars. The pictures don't do it justice. The car looks like a 4 door 350Z which is the way Nissan will market the car. The tooth wasn't even that badd looking in person. The tooth isn't as dominating in person as it is in pictures. The reason I think the tooth sticks out as much in pictures is because it is curved and with out the 3D affect it looks flat and big in pictures. I think a lot of people will be eating their words on the looks of this car just like they were when the found out what the Base price would be.

R.L.Altima 03-12-2003 07:48 PM

I have never understood that

In these forums, I always hear people complaining about the 6th gen. Maxima, but I can remember when the 4th and 5th gen. Maximas debuted, everybody was calling them ugly. Especially the 1995-1996 and 2000-2001 Model Maximas. Now, once they facelift the cars, they do look better, especially the 1997 Maxima.

Maxmann 03-12-2003 09:21 PM

I'm already eating my words on this car. I drove one for about 30 minutes tonight and sat in and played with for about 30 more. It is awesome. I'm kicking myself now for running out and buying an 03 for my wife based on what I saw in pics and in editorials. This car is an improvement all the way around. With each gen the max gets better, and the 6th is in keeping with that progress. I have said in various threads this car "...is no Maxima". Man, was I wrong. This car is absolutely Maxima! And, the one I drove, a 3.5SE 6 speed, stickered at around $29. It had the sensory package. Awesome car folks, you gotta see it. The grill in person isn't as gawdy as pictures. You can forgive that flaw because there is so much more going for it.

Go drive one for yourself, and then tell us what you think.

srm

SteVTEC 03-13-2003 05:31 AM

Re: Re: When I Say 4K

Originally posted by MS 2K1 AE
04' 6 speed with all options except the Elite/Journey package. So what could I get?

Leather...heated everything...Bose...HLSD...sunroof...plus all the new goodies like IRS, 18"s, more horse and a really slick interior. All for $32290 MSRP.

What don't I get...Navigation and rear bucket seats. Neither of which I wanted anyway.

What was the offer??? $29500 plus tax/title. This is a brand new car and they are already coming down almost $3k off of sticker.

Hot damn...just as I suspected! :D

At that price I could walk down to my dealership and trade if I wanted to and still not blow my budget. I think I'm gonna keep my 99 for at least a little while longer though. I'd lose about $1-2k AT LEAST if I traded it in now, and I'm already perfectly happy with the car. I'm definitely in for a new 05 or maybe 06 6th Gen, though. :)

VMosser323 03-13-2003 12:56 PM

I agree with those that have been eating crow. My initial impression of the 6th gen was one of disappointment, but I stopped by a dealership in Chicago (North Shore Nissan) and checked out an SL. In Jan I bought a 02 Max loaded w/ everything, incl navi, and I am satisfied with my current car. I didn't think I'd like the 6th gen, but it has grown on me. My opinion is to wait for the 2006 Max, which should be the 25th Anniversary edition. Hopefully there'll be a significant increase in HP, ala the 2001 to 2002 increase. NOt trying to talk shyt to those that don't like the 6th gen, but don't be surprised when this car starts to grow on you...

MS 2K1 AE 03-13-2003 02:04 PM

Originally posted by VMosser323
I agree with those that have been eating crow. My initial impression of the 6th gen was one of disappointment, but I stopped by a dealership in Chicago (North Shore Nissan) and checked out an SL. In Jan I bought a 02 Max loaded w/ everything, incl navi, and I am satisfied with my current car. I didn't think I'd like the 6th gen, but it has grown on me. My opinion is to wait for the 2006 Max, which should be the 25th Anniversary edition. Hopefully there'll be a significant increase in HP, ala the 2001 to 2002 increase. NOt trying to talk shyt to those that don't like the 6th gen, but don't be surprised when this car starts to grow on you...
I wasn't thrilled with the pictures at first, but I said numerous times that I would hold back my judgement until I sat in it. And I tell you what, the car is fantastic in person. Especially the interior. I even like the funky grill more. It's kind of 3D looking - I can't describe it, you just have to see it.

SteVTEC 03-13-2003 02:14 PM

Originally posted by VMosser323
My opinion is to wait for the 2006 Max, which should be the 25th Anniversary edition.
ooOOOOoooOOooo... Good idea! :eek:

Might be a tad long for me to wait, but probably worth waiting for. :)

perrymaxima 03-13-2003 02:38 PM

Originally posted by SteVTEC
ooOOOOoooOOooo... Good idea! :eek:

Might be a tad long for me to wait, but probably worth waiting for. :)

Wait they will revamp the car then and possibly AWD. Plus I think that if Acura does well with the next gen TL. Nissan will try and play catch up with the Maxima.

Raven 03-13-2003 02:59 PM

Oh Nissan, I hope you're reading this. I'm so banking on the AWD and if it comes through, I'll take the hit on deprecciation on my 2K with 60,000 miles and buy an 05 or 06!!! :bowdown1:

Oh, while you're at it, have that bose stereo read mp3 CDRs. :naughty:

bbrandoman 03-13-2003 09:18 PM

Re: When I Say 4K

and for all you guys that say base price 26,000 thats if u dont need wheels or brakes. :laugh:

Actually its $26950, and you get 18in wheels with it buddy...along with alot of other good shiznit....

PIONEER 03-14-2003 05:40 AM

couple of years back Nissan use to Link the Forum directly from their Nissanusa.com Site. It wasn't Maxima.org then. This was back in 96-97. That was to show the public of different fanbase of Nissan Cars around. The Z Club, Maximas and 240. These days, There is just too much trash on the forum for a Family to look at. People Blow their gaskets to quick.

I think the 04 Maxima looks good, I havn't seen it yet, but what I see so far I like. The price is not too high either.

The Guy with the 4th Gen that has 4000 in his car total, I can buy a 240 for $800 Sylvia Clip for $2200 Total = 3000 and Then go Whooop on Supras, 300z, Vetts, Mustans.... WHAT's YOUR POINT???

The 04Maxima is Years ahead of the 4th gen, And thats b/c It IS YEARS AHEAD. 10 Years To be Exact...

max...to the ma 03-16-2003 07:57 AM

hey i can just dont find it worth it since i bought my 5th gen only a year ago

Originally posted by BrentG

Im with you, im getting tired of all the 4th and 3rd gen owners putting down the 04 max cause they cant afford a new max.

Big_Ham 03-16-2003 09:02 PM

Originally posted by PIONEER

The 04Maxima is Years ahead of the 4th gen, And thats b/c It IS YEARS AHEAD. 10 Years To be Exact...

Not to knock you, but it's 9 years. 95-04. :p

dstruc 05-24-2011 09:01 PM

youre gonna get banned if you keep bringing threads back from the dead

the macedonian 05-25-2011 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Tell__The__Truth (Post 8059276)
Sorry. I'm just excited to be here

or trying to get his post count up - now that's the truth ;)

Maximumpearl 05-25-2011 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Stick Max (Post 1451329)

:wftlol: wow.......your musty 95 couldn't burn a shopping cart.......

dstruc 05-25-2011 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by the macedonian (Post 8059408)
or trying to get his post count up - now that's the truth ;)

wtf? he erased his post

BossMaxima 05-25-2011 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by dstruc (Post 8059892)
wtf? he erased his post

Yea, he did that on another thread as well. Makes us all look bad now.

dstruc 05-25-2011 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by BossMaxima (Post 8059938)
Yea, he did that on another thread as well. Makes us all look bad now.

i think he got banned.

the macedonian 05-25-2011 06:02 PM

when i logged in this morning there had to have been at least a dozen old threads that he brought back to life. what a tool - serves him right if he got his dumb@ss banned.

dstruc 05-25-2011 06:14 PM

lol. damn noobs

PetitFrereMaxima 05-26-2011 10:01 AM

Lol, I guess the guy lured you guys in the dungeon and pulled a disappearing act. Who is that newbie anyway? This is just funny how he has disaapeared and people are looking for him. If I was he, I would be scared too and run away. Well, I guess he might have been banned. Don't be surprised to see him back with a new screen name.

Rsprince89 05-26-2011 09:03 PM

lol

macakin 05-27-2011 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Stick Max (Post 1451329)

So in other words your bragginng cause you beated a stock car? So how many 2003-2004 Maximas did you race to get to this conclusion?