6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Does Anyone Else Feel...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 09:02 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Does Anyone Else Feel...

like billet grills belong on american cars and trucks??? I've seen many billet grills and most of them look average to just plain ugly. I think we need to stick with a custom mesh grill.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:03 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

Tastes vary from person to person. Personally, I've never really cared for mesh grilles but that's just me. However, I wouldn't knock the next guy for having one. To each his own. I think the most important thing is that we have options when it comes to customizing our cars.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

great post boone. whatever floats your boat I say. some people like stock oem, some people like the sarona, the mesh, the billet. I like the assortment of grilles on our cars. I'm glad there are a few of them out there.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:30 PM

I feel the OEM grille is rather nice for the SL, but is not in keeping with the SE's long image of being the ultimate reasonably priced four door sports sedan.

I wish Stillen would offer a wider choice of options, accessories, replacement parts, etc, for the 6th gen Maxima, including an alternate grille or two intended for SE owners. These alternate grilles should be available with and without the Nissan hamburger, as preferences range for and against the ground bovine on bun.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:53 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

Light, I think you've hit on a problem I've noticed when it comes to aftermarket accessories for the 6th gen. There just aren't enough options out there. I just don't mean the visual stuff either. The choices for performance mods are quite limited. I can really only think of two reasons for this. 1) The car is too new. 2) Aftermarket parts manufacturers feel that there isn't enough money to be made off of the new Max because it has moved too upscale. If number one is the case then we'll just have to be patient. If it's number two then the marketing guys need to take a look around this forum.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:57 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by boone
Light, I think you've hit on a problem I've noticed when it comes to aftermarket accessories for the 6th gen. There just aren't enough options out there. I just don't mean the visual stuff either. The choices for performance mods are quite limited. I can really only think of two reasons for this. 1) The car is too new. 2) Aftermarket parts manufacturers feel that there isn't enough money to be made off of the new Max because it has moved too upscale. If number one is the case then we'll just have to be patient. If it's number two then the marketing guys need to take a look around this forum.

True true, but I also think that the new Z took away any steam that the new Max might of had from aftermarket companies. The Z is just a gold mine for those guys whereas the Max is more limited as far as people looking to mod...02 cents.
J
Old 04-12-2005, 12:13 AM

IMHO...i felt the same BEFORE i really got one..i got the upper grill installed..than loved it and ordered the lower grill right after..and loved it also..i guess it peoples taste..but i had lot of young maxima owners passing by..both glaring at each others car and than i see them cant take there eyes off the grill saying WTFI~!@&*&*
Old 04-12-2005, 06:20 PM
Banned

Ok I was thinking about this thread...and I thought to myself...why do many of the finest, most expensive automobiles in the world use a big chrome grille? I mean look at the mighty Rolls-Royce, they been using chrome grilles since day one, and the current Phantom has a chrome grille bigger than a Mack dumptruck. I think it looks classy and elegant, not racey and ricey. It has a bling factor, and draws attention. I love the reflection of my max now when im behind a pickup, it dosent shine like a mirror, it has this really neat aluminum look, and you cant tell there are any slats. Not to mention the durability of the grille considering all the damage at that area of the car its nice to know you got something that isnt going to fall apart. Now I have the Trenz, and Billet means it was machined out of a single piece of aluminum alloy correct? Sure it looks good on trucks, but thats so played out...it looks unique on the max, not out of place....and definately makes the car looks more classy, befitting for a big sedan.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:52 PM

Do whatever you want with your own car if you're the one paying for it. Don't expect everyone to have the same taste, just be aware that some people will express their opinions more strongly than others. I'm taking a stock grill and painting the teeth black and leaving the center shiny. A lot of you might like it, some might not... but I'm doing what I want. That's why it's called customization.
Happy Modding!
Old 04-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Moderator GT-R

Originally Posted by SLuxury
Do whatever you want with your own car if you're the one paying for it. Don't expect everyone to have the same taste, just be aware that some people will express their opinions more strongly than others. I'm taking a stock grill and painting the teeth black and leaving the center shiny. A lot of you might like it, some might not... but I'm doing what I want. That's why it's called customization.
Happy Modding!
Like this?

Old 04-12-2005, 07:54 PM

Yes, that's exactly what i want to do (except for the red letters)... Thanks for the picture! It gives me a better idea of what it's going to look like.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Moderator GT-R

Yes, that's exactly what i want to do (except for the red letters)... Thanks for the picture! It gives me a better idea of what it's going to look like.
?
Old 04-12-2005, 08:38 PM

perfect... we'll see how it looks on an onyx max in a week or two.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:44 PM
SuPeRmOd

perfect... we'll see how it looks on an onyx max in a week or two.
do u need to ask? Everything looks better on Onyx!

wow, leaving the centerpiece and frame chrome is HOTT.
Would it be rediculous for me to have a grille for each season?
OEM....OEM blackened teeth....Black Mesh....Strada (my specs)
Old 04-13-2005, 08:40 AM

see i think mesh grilles look cheap..... like theyre made by some dude buying a mesh grille from home depot and cutting it to fit his car. It doesnt look solid.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by AllBlackMax
like billet grills belong on american cars and trucks??? I've seen many billet grills and most of them look average to just plain ugly. I think we need to stick with a custom mesh grill.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people hate the stock one....some like it.

Some people call any mesh SCREAMING RICE........some like it.

Some people think billet is for trucks or old hot rods......some like that.

I chose mine with my PERSONAL TASTE as the deciding factor, that is all that mattered to me and how I will back up everyone elses mods. Some people do not like others opinions if they get bad, and yes, they can be rude slams at sometimes.....but again, grills, body kits, rims, interior, all down to what the owner wants to do. If people like them, good, if people hate them, still good. Unless someone is paying me to mod my car the way they want it.....I could care less what they think. Hell, some of the mods on my pic page I do not care for, but hey, I back them up for making their car..."THEIR OWN THE WAY THEY WANT IT." Just my 2 cents. And like brought up before, not much out there for the 6th gen Maxima.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:42 PM

Moderators:
Are we going to allow destructive criticism on this board? I believe people should be suspended/banned when personal opinions, insults, and inappropriate behavior is demonstrated. It really puts a bad feel to this forum.

It's easy to say something to someone you've never met before, but what happens when we have a national meet or something of the sort? Some people might not forget these comments and it'll be a bad start to something that could be nice.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Moderator GT-R

Moderators:
Are we going to allow destructive criticism on this board? I believe people should be suspended/banned when personal opinions, insults, and inappropriate behavior is demonstrated. It really puts a bad feel to this forum.

It's easy to say something to someone you've never met before, but what happens when we have a national meet or something of the sort? Some people might not forget these comments and it'll be a bad start to something that could be nice.
Who said what to whom? On this thread?
Old 04-13-2005, 09:10 PM

Grills are a personal thing like style of wheels. Heck for that matter it is as varied as taste of women.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:19 PM

i liked my grill ..like i said above..until today..i was tryin to wash the grill and saw little flakes of metal coming off..WTF!@@is it only me??dam..really depressed at this moment...
Old 04-13-2005, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by DarkHaze
see i think mesh grilles look cheap..... like theyre made by some dude buying a mesh grille from home depot and cutting it to fit his car. It doesnt look solid.

its actually quite solid.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:44 PM

You wanna ban the guy for that? True, he lacks a LOT in tact, but come on...
Old 04-14-2005, 03:19 AM
Moderator GT-R

Is that the offending post?
Old 04-14-2005, 03:42 AM

As for mesh grilles looking cheap etc...

I think the stainless steel ones on the chrystlers and new cadillacs look like real quality stuff actually.

I know we're supposed to post photoshop stuff in the sticky..but I put a CTS V-series car on Deus's ride (one with chrome, and one with powdercoat frame) and I think they should come up with something like this for the Max (already sent email to E&G, but no reply as of yet)

One of these days I'm going to customize the OEM grill and fit in some of the heavy-duty mesh...just need some time

Old 04-14-2005, 07:10 AM
MaxiMiller305

have any of you guys seen the photoshop pic of the infiniti grill?? i am really interested in doing something different like that... the new M35 looks a lot like the maxima on the side profile... maybe if i change up the grill and put an infiniti logo on the trunk i could trick a few ***** into thinkin im a baller. what you all think?

Old 04-14-2005, 06:17 PM
*moderator*

You mean like this?
Old 04-14-2005, 09:43 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by Okiewan
You wanna ban the guy for that? True, he lacks a LOT in tact, but come on...
I really hope not. I know people that DO got to Home Depot to make grilles.
how could you possibly get offended by this? "RICE" is thrown around a lot on here and of course some dislike others puting down their taste, but it's like that. visit the 4th and even 5th gens.

now if someone's sole purpose is to only put others down and is overall a negative presence, then yes please bring it to someone's attn through pm. but a lot of opinions should not be taken seriously.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:18 PM

Maybe you misunderstood my post, I'm saying it would be surprising if he DID get banned for that.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:25 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by Okiewan
Maybe you misunderstood my post, I'm saying it would be surprising if he DID get banned for that.
no, u missed my point. I'm w/ bluemaxx trying to figure out the problem, agreeing w/ you. nothing against you at all. online communication can get so misconstrued sometimes....
Old 04-15-2005, 06:42 AM

It's all good!
Old 04-15-2005, 06:53 AM
MaxiMiller305

yeah that grill is kinda what i was lookin for... only i dont want a nissan emblem, i like the infiniti one. Nice photoshop by the way.

Old 04-17-2005, 07:37 AM

I know this post is worthless without pictures, but I painted the teeth black on the stock grille and installed the eibachs this past weekend and what a difference.
Unfortunately, the mud guards DO scrape on speed bumps, but it's a small price to pay. The car looks so much nicer now.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:09 AM
Banned

Slux, keep posted how that paint holds up!
Old 04-17-2005, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by MaxiMiller305
yeah that grill is kinda what i was lookin for... only i dont want a nissan emblem, i like the infiniti one. Nice photoshop by the way.
IMO..nissan cars need nissan emblems and ifiniti should stay with infiniti..i had a 2001 TL long time ago and i put the "fake type S sign on i and it looked really "fake"
Old 04-17-2005, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by sparq
As for mesh grilles looking cheap etc...

I think the stainless steel ones on the chrystlers and new cadillacs look like real quality stuff actually.

I know we're supposed to post photoshop stuff in the sticky..but I put a CTS V-series car on Deus's ride (one with chrome, and one with powdercoat frame) and I think they should come up with something like this for the Max (already sent email to E&G, but no reply as of yet)
My solution is just to buy a CTS-V... People can hate on the mesh grill all they want while the 400HP behind it runs circles around them. Mesh grilles imply racing heritage, and the CTS-V actually backs it up.

Here is the grille up close http://www.rsportscars.ch/bilder/new...v/cts_v_13.jpg

Still waiting for my company stock to climb...
Old 04-17-2005, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by desmo_dude
My solution is just to buy a CTS-V... People can hate on the mesh grill all they want while the 400HP behind it runs circles around them. Mesh grilles imply racing heritage, and the CTS-V actually backs it up.

Here is the grille up close http://www.rsportscars.ch/bilder/new...v/cts_v_13.jpg

Still waiting for my company stock to climb...
Hook me up with the money and will trade the Max in on the CTS-V any day. Would take the 300 SRT though with the new pumped up hemi.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by carcus
Hook me up with the money and will trade the Max in on the CTS-V any day. Would take the 300 SRT though with the new pumped up hemi.
ill take that offer..anytime..i dont know bout the HEMI cuz its too fugly IMO..im still young..but the cts-v ..is NO JOKE ..my cousin who is 16..YES only 16 got that brand new..with mallot stage 2..horsepower is at 560ish at wheel..his dad drives a LAMBO..and YES the cts V staged 2 is faster...his crazy rich..and the cts-v he has is really dam fast..0-60 in 3.6 1/4 in 11.6...thats crazy
Old 04-17-2005, 03:07 PM

I personally like the stock grille. You don't see too many Max on the roads for people to notice the difference.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by ElCapitan
I personally like the stock grille. You don't see too many Max on the roads for people to notice the difference.
maybe in canada but...in NJ and where i live..i see plenty maxi's but only few with the chrome grills
Old 04-18-2005, 07:39 AM
MaxiMiller305

maybe the fake type s looked fake cuz you did something wrong. i used to have a CL type S and i remember a couple times it was stolen from my car. im sure some *******s used them for their acuras. Thay are just made of plastic, nothing special. If it looked fake its cuz you put it on crooked or something man.. besides im not just gonna stick on some emblem.. i want to custom fit an infiniti grill, big difference.