6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

I'm buying an accord

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 10:26 PM

I'm buying an accord

One more thing goes wrong with my car...i'm getting a honda/acura

here's the list.

Engine Knocking leads to Engine replacement.
Shimmy leads to brakes and rotors replaced 4 times
Crank Shaft leaks oil for 5 months (no dealer wants to fix it, nissan na doesn't help me at all, neither does the state, nor BBB) sweet
Crank Shaft still leaks
Fog Lamps replaced twice
Rear Subs rattle rear window brake light loose, so now i have these funking tacky things in my rear window
http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../NTB03-066.htm

Oh by the way my engine still leaks.

and to top it all..it gets declined for lemon law. Better Business tells me to pound sand, and Nissan North America tells me that it's the dealers fault...

This is my life. OH and I traded my 97 in for this POS...so very boo.

Sorry..i'm angry.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

DO your homework on the lemon law in your state. Find out what it takes for a lemon. See if there is a safety clause for a lemon. The shimmy is a huge safety hazard. Usually all it takes is two times plus a final attempt to fix it. As I posted in the lemon law thread...Get a lawyer!!!! if it's as bad as you claim it to be.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:18 AM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by phathawaiian

here's the list.

Engine Knocking leads to Engine replacement. Use Premium

Shimmy leads to brakes and rotors replaced 4 times Get Shimmy TSB done

Crank Shaft leaks oil for 5 months (no dealer wants to fix it, nissan na doesn't help me at all, neither does the state, nor BBB) sweet
Crank Shaft still leaks email the right people

Fog Lamps replaced twice Demand to have wiring checed

Rear Subs rattle rear window brake light loose, so now i have these funking tacky things in my rear window use socks

and to top it all..it gets declined for lemon law. Better Business tells me to pound sand, and Nissan North America tells me that it's the dealers fault...

Understand all makes have "lemons" so work through it

Sorry..i'm angry.
hope it works out if these are real problems hope you're not making this up like others have to put doown the Max.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
hope it works out if these are real problems hope you're not making this up like others have to put doown the Max.
A Hawaiian from New Hamphsire? That's just wrong in so many ways. Is it even possible?
Old 12-03-2004, 10:47 AM

dude..using premium wouldn't have helped this issue. they replaced my eninge because a brass bolt above the intake fell into on of my cylinders. Yeah..booom. Broken engine.

all the rest of the stuff is real.

Msoemax thanks for the info on the lemon law. I know going to a lawyer will help get things done, but I don't feel like paying out the **** for that...

Honestly I've tried to be patient throughout this whole thing, to get basically get told NO from every angle is very frustrating.

I love my car, and nissan maximas (it's my 2nd one) but this car has been **** and no body wants to take resp. for it...

ok i'm done crying...heheheheheh someone just steal this thing please!!
kidding.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:55 AM
SuPeRmOd

please don't tell me about the infamous brass bolt. I guess the leaking is from the replacement motor? They have to honor their warranty on work.

guess you're stuck with calling/emailing Nissan (dealers are not Nissan) everyday. Go into the dealer and make a scene. Not quite enough to be kicked out/arrested, but enough to get manager attention

>>>>while a lot of customers are present<<<<< (if they're staring at you it's working)

I hope this doesn't kill your feeling for this car. I would push for a new one Lemon style.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:40 AM

What is the brass bolt issue...never heard of it before?
Old 12-03-2004, 12:42 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by msoemax
What is the brass bolt issue...never heard of it before?
ran into old thread in 5th gen forum. a few pathies had this problem, and even some 02-03 Maxes. guy's engine crapped out and they found brass shavings. retarded dealer claimed all aluminum block... must of sucked it up with his intake.

he found out about the pathfinder and i think even took his apart and saw they use brass in there

he got a free engine i think.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:12 PM

Yeah I've heard that Acura's and Honda's don't have a thing wrong with them ever. Their cars are always built perfectly and never give their owners troubles at all.

Have you checked out a TL forum? I'm betting there are just as many complaints there as there are here about the Maxima. No car is perfect, if it was wouldn't everybody be driving it?

I'm not trying to belittle your list of problems. There sure are a lot, and you definately have reason to be upset!
Old 12-03-2004, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by CanadianMoFo
Yeah I've heard that Acura's and Honda's don't have a thing wrong with them ever. Their cars are always built perfectly and never give their owners troubles at all.

Have you checked out a TL forum? I'm betting there are just as many complaints there as there are here about the Maxima. No car is perfect, if it was wouldn't everybody be driving it?

I'm not trying to belittle your list of problems. There sure are a lot, and you definately have reason to be upset!
Well said the 04 Tl's and 03+ Accords have thier fair share of issues as well, mainly the 04 TL. I have read tons of things from falling headliners to fading leather seats etc.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:36 PM

continuation....

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
Well said the 04 Tl's and 03+ Accords have thier fair share of issues as well, mainly the 04 TL. I have read tons of things from falling headliners to fading leather seats etc.
...rattles that seem to migrate (w/wo repairs), butt prints on seats and the occassional paint blems.

Seems to me that either the 6G Maxima has fewer problems than the TL OR Maxima owners just complain less.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by F23A4
...rattles that seem to migrate (w/wo repairs), butt prints on seats and the occassional paint blems.

Seems to me that either the 6G Maxima has fewer problems than the TL OR Maxima owners just complain less.
I cannot imagine a group of owners complainig more than we 6G max owners.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:55 PM

No neither can I. lol
Old 12-03-2004, 05:55 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

wow, I just hope I don't down my maxima to the point that it drives me to say "I'm buying an accord" thats just bullsh.it..........

is everyone having problem like this or is it just this member?
Old 12-04-2004, 05:50 AM

phathawaiian, I feel your pain. I have had countless issues with my 6th gen since I bought it. I haven't had anything huge go wrong like my engine blowing up, but I've had my share of headaches. For example, I've had my car in 5 times for leaking water. Anyhow, what I wanted to tell you is to definitely go speak with a lawyer. Quite often lawyers will only charge you for the filing fees which only amounts to $100-$200. I've spoken with 2 different experienced lawyers who both say I have a good case. I think you have an excellent case for lemon law.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:47 PM

yeah i guess i should...i'm wicked lazy tho. i love my max...really do..and i wouldn't buy the accord cuz it looks way boring, our cars [/I]Look[I] sick.. they just look sweet. But i'll be damn if i'm going to pay a monthly payment for an 04 and have it spend most of the time in the dealership....(I got to drive a murano for a month while they replaced my engine..that was fun). I guess I'll call a lawyer, i just hate to get law involved, i wish they would just fix it...
Old 12-05-2004, 03:15 PM

Wow, it a shame and suprising to see how many problems occur with the 6th Gen, its like they got lazy, or is it the quality is gone since its made in america now?

I would kick up a fuss as well in the dealership, if its still underwarranty then there is no reason why they should not do the work on the car, when you speak to a manger tell them how frustrated you are and how you've been neglected and that you will report this bad service to a local news station, something like along those lines so they know that bad publicity is about to be put out there.

its sad how lazy they got with the 6th Gens, but all cars give trouble and some of the new cars have major trouble, if anything maybe demand to get another new car in replacement of that one since they cant get it right, of course that depends on how long you have had the car.

good luck
Old 12-05-2004, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by phathawaiian

here's the list.

Engine Knocking leads to Engine replacement.
Shimmy leads to brakes and rotors replaced 4 times
Crank Shaft still leaks
Fog Lamps replaced twice
Rear Subs rattle rear window brake light loose, so now i have these funking tacky things in my rear window

Sorry..i'm angry.
DId you get GAP insurance??? If you did, go smash it into a wall really good and voila!!! you get a new car. GAP insurance by the way pays off the difference between payoff and car's true value.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by CanadianMoFo

I would agree with you on the Honda piece. As a prior 1995 SE Maxima owner, my wife and I purchased a 2004 Honda EX-L V6 sedan---basically top of the line---everything but the Navi.

After 6 months and 4,000 miles, we FINALLY just resolved our shimmy issues. Took 4 new Michelin MXV4 OEM tires (never mounted) and the Hunter GSP 9700 to smooth things out.

It's a great car outside of that. Quick, very quick, and great gas mileage. Nice leather, nice stereo and it looks decent.

Curt
SHUMAX
Old 12-19-2004, 12:57 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Originally Posted by ThunderMaxi
DId you get GAP insurance??? If you did, go smash it into a wall really good and voila!!! you get a new car. GAP insurance by the way pays off the difference between payoff and car's true value.
You are fucking stupid
Old 12-19-2004, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by factorymax
I cannot imagine a group of owners complainig more than we 6G max owners.
www.acura-tl.com