Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008-48/)
-   -   Cold air blowing in the back? (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008/268013-cold-air-blowing-back.html)

blakstarz 12-06-2004 08:43 AM

Cold air blowing in the back?

I know there was a thread on this, but I couldn't locate it....but does anyone know how to fix or the reason for cold air blowing thru the rear of the vents in the back? I have tried turning up the heat but it still blows cold, is this a issue that the Nissan dealership can fix or some thing I have to deal with?

Thanks....

Smoken'04 12-06-2004 10:30 AM

I have the same issue with my SE. It seems a little warm but nowhere near as close as the front vents.

DougJones 12-06-2004 10:45 AM

I have the same issue. The does eventually warm up, but not to the levels of the front vents. I am under the impression that it's due to the length the air has to travel in order to reach those rear vents. On cold mornings, it makes some sense that the air would cool somewhat by the time it reaches the rear.

maximage 12-06-2004 02:07 PM

I get cold air blowing up through the door controls! Did Nissan NOT line the doors with a plastic sheet, like I have in my Toyota?

OT- What use is the center console button (mine is blank) inbetween the two seat heater switches? I have an SE and wondered what went there. Thanks!

e-

joemax1 12-06-2004 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by maximage
I get cold air blowing up through the door controls! Did Nissan NOT line the doors with a plastic sheet, like I have in my Toyota?

OT- What use is the center console button (mine is blank) inbetween the two seat heater switches? I have an SE and wondered what went there. Thanks!

e-

well, nothing was there actually...at least with my SL. I don't know with the other 6th gens out there...

Edify11 12-06-2004 02:51 PM

If I'm not mistaken that's where the switch goes for the sun shade in the Elite package.

CanadianMoFo 12-06-2004 03:06 PM

You got the "air conditioned door switch" model. Don't make too much noise or everyone will want that feature.

Mike_TX 12-06-2004 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by CanadianMoFo
You got the "air conditioned door switch" model. Don't make too much noise or everyone will want that feature.

Dang! And the door control holes on my SE are always so hot. I've always wished they hadn't skimped on this car and had just air conditioned these holes like everyone else does.
:rolleyes:

Mike

blakstarz 12-06-2004 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by DougJones
I have the same issue. The does eventually warm up, but not to the levels of the front vents. I am under the impression that it's due to the length the air has to travel in order to reach those rear vents. On cold mornings, it makes some sense that the air would cool somewhat by the time it reaches the rear.

Actually, you where right it did warm up eventually.....thanks. We does irk me though is that when I go thru certain controls it kicks in the AC automatically (that is annyoing, but tolerable).

bytemonger 12-06-2004 11:06 PM

e-

Yes, it is the switch for the sun shade on the 4 seat models. The 4 seat Se model has heated seats in the rear as well as the sun shade switch.

lightonthehill 12-06-2004 11:25 PM

Heated rear seats in the SLs with 'elite' also. I think the elite package is exactly the same for both SE and SL.

maximage 12-07-2004 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by CanadianMoFo

:)

Ok.

2008MAXIMASE 03-29-2011 03:33 AM

I was wondering is there a fix for this issue? I just bought a 2008 Max SE and I am having the same issue.

chris350 03-31-2011 09:18 PM

its the same here on my 2006 SE.. it take a while for it to get warm..