6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Slam? Not really.. 5th Gen vs 6th

Old 03-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Slam? Not really.. 5th Gen vs 6th

Seems to me the Altima 3.5 is the replacement for the pre-6th gen Maximas... no? Same size, faster.. 6th Gen is so much larger, more luxo.. am I wrong? 6th gen makes a design statement, 5, 5.5 looks like any other Jap sedan, just seems that with the 6th gen, thay took a step up... I could of course be wrong. I'm NOT trying to start a flame war here... just making an observation.. which may be VERY old.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:49 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

I can go along with that observation. When the Altima 3.5 came out I was looking at my 5th Gen and thinking how unfair it was that Nissan made my Max seem a little dated by doing the redesign on the Altima. Heck, I thought I was special because I had clear tail lamps from the factory. The new Altima put an end to that fiction.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:55 AM

IMO...6th gen and 5/5.5 gen cater to differnt crowds. I see the 6th gen as geared toward older ppl. the altima is great, but with the abundance of all the 4 cyls models they seem to be more common. SE-R looks nice but a person like me who would even consider it woudl probably opt for an STI instead. i still like the classic lok if a 4th gen / 5 th gen.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:38 AM

Hahahaha! Older people?

Geez, to me the 6th Gen is way more "daring" in its styling and lots more "youth-oriented" than the earlier Maximas ever were. As another poster pointed out, Maximas before the 6th Gen were pretty much generic Japanese sedans ... nice ones, mind you, but nothing there to really distinguish them from the rest of the herd. With the 6th Gen, however, Nissan went out on a limb and threw out a real styling exercise. Car companies have laid real eggs trying this in the past, but fortunately this one has been a winner.

So, I have to really disagree ... the 5th Gen (and 4th and 3rd, for that matter) were styled more for the older market. The 6th Gen is aimed right at the youth market - edgy lines, swoopy curves, big wheels and fat tires, lots of hp and performance.

Mike
Old 03-02-2005, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Hahahaha! Older people?

Geez, to me the 6th Gen is way more "daring" in its styling and lots more "youth-oriented" than the earlier Maximas ever were. As another poster pointed out, Maximas before the 6th Gen were pretty much generic Japanese sedans ... nice ones, mind you, but nothing there to really distinguish them from the rest of the herd. With the 6th Gen, however, Nissan went out on a limb and threw out a real styling exercise. Car companies have laid real eggs trying this in the past, but fortunately this one has been a winner.

So, I have to really disagree ... the 5th Gen (and 4th and 3rd, for that matter) were styled more for the older market. The 6th Gen is aimed right at the youth market - edgy lines, swoopy curves, big wheels and fat tires, lots of hp and performance.

Mike
I agree to disagree.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin
I agree to disagree.

Fair enough.

Mike
Old 03-02-2005, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Hahahaha! Older people?

Mike
This has always been my view on the 5.5th gen and 6th gen. I wanted a 5.5 gen when I was shopping for a new car. But why spend 27k on an 03 when I could get an 04 for 29k? I also picked the 6th gen because it looked my sportier to me. Actually looked like a four door Z in my eyes when I bought it. I still love both cars because I own both but I chose my 6th gen anyday. I just feel like it has more style and looks sportier. IMO the 5th gen looks like it was targetted more for the older croud. Of course these are only my OPINIONS.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
I agree to disagree.
I agree with Kevin who agrees to disagree with Mike with whom I also disagree!?!?!
Old 03-02-2005, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by F23A4
I agree with Kevin who agrees to disagree with Mike with whom I also disagree!?!?!
I guess that's understandable, since both you and Kevin have 5th Gens. Glad you like your cars!

Mike