6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

OBX or other Sport Pedals

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 07:14 AM

OBX or other Sport Pedals

Hi guys, just got my 2005 SL Winter Frost Maxima on Wednesday, I already ordered the OEM Mudguards and Spoiler, already installed TRENZ Grill, and will paint this weekend (I hope) the lower grill (What do you think?, I think it will make it look as part of the bumper). Next Saturday I'm on schedule to install the Tinted glass.

So I'm almost done about the immediate changes I wanted on the car to look as I wanted to look, only thing that is killing me is that it seems I can't find a definitive answer as of what Sport pedals can fit on it. I have seen on Ebay an Auction for a Nissan OEM PEdals (Including Foot rest) but it states that is for Maxima 2000-2003, there is no words about if it will fit on 2004-UP, the seller doesn't know either, I have seen other Universal fit Pedals but their dimensions are about a complete inch wider and larger than OEM pedals, so I'm afraid it will give me problems with the Gas pedal and the space between it and the car mat cover.

So in a summary, for those of you who has installed aftermarket (or even Nissan OEM) pedals, which one you used?, and where you bought it from?

Thanks in advance (Sorry but without Search function is hard to keep on top of this kind of topics).
Old 03-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

2005 Altima ser pedal kit will fit.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:04 AM

Erasat,

Congrats on the Max! Time to have some fun with it now...

I had the same questions on pedals, and eventually went with some RS-1 pedal covers. They were only about $20 at the local Pep Boys. They arent the best pedals out there, but I like em. See my page for pics. Ramberg has them also.

Good luck- Jay
Old 03-04-2005, 10:08 AM

Signature wasnt set, sorry.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:55 AM

Thanks for the Welcome and for the info guys.

Jay, those looks nice, but I really want one set that comes with the Foot Rest, thanks.

I will take a look at ebay again looking for Altima's now, to see if I find something.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by 05MAXSE
2005 Altima ser pedal kit will fit.

Will the gas pedal will fit as well ?
Old 03-05-2005, 03:27 AM

What do you think about my Momo's? As far as I know, these are discontinued, so you might be able to find a good deal on them. The gas pedal requires a bit of work to get it to fit. These are also available for the automatic.

Old 03-05-2005, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by SilverBelle04
Will the gas pedal will fit as well ?
Yes, I stated that the kit will fit.

The 2005 Altima ser kit consists of a footrest pedal, brake pad and accelerator pedal(complete unit from firewall). Can buy all or one.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:01 AM

Yes, I stated that the kit will fit.

The 2005 Altima ser kit consists of a footrest pedal, brake pad and accelerator pedal(complete unit from firewall). Can buy all or one.
I know what you stated.

I have the 20th anniversary pedals 5th gen on mine. The gas pedal needed modifications because it wasn't made for drive by wire which the 6th gen is which is why ii was asking.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:23 AM

I know what you stated.

I have the 20th anniversary pedals 5th gen on mine. The gas pedal needed modifications because it wasn't made for drive by wire which the 6th gen is which is why ii was asking.
I purchased the brake pad and accelerator pedal so I know that they fit. The Altma and Maxima accelerator pedal carry the same stock number as do a lot of other items.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:37 AM

I purchased the brake pad and accelerator pedal so I know that they fit. The Altma and Maxima accelerator pedal carry the same stock number as do a lot of other items.
That's good to know. I'd prefer a gas pedal that is made to fit rather than one that i forced to fit (like the one i have now).

This is the one that i have on mine now:

I'm going to look into the Altima one, but like you mentioned it would probably mean changing the whole assembly.
Old 03-05-2005, 02:52 PM

Those MOMOS look awesome. Puts my covers to shame....they were an easy fit though....
Old 03-05-2005, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Edify11
What do you think about my Momo's? As far as I know, these are discontinued, so you might be able to find a good deal on them. The gas pedal requires a bit of work to get it to fit. These are also available for the automatic.

The MOMO will not fit. Not the same shape.

Now, to say the 2005 Altima SER pedals will fit....with no modifications, need to see a pic. I know the 350Z pedals will fit but the main thing is the gas pedal modification that is a problem.

Last time I drilled pedals, on the BMW....they were at bastitch to get the AC Schnitzer pedals on them, do not want to go through that again.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:24 PM

That's good to know. I'd prefer a gas pedal that is made to fit rather than one that i forced to fit (like the one i have now).

This is the one that i have on mine now:

I'm going to look into the Altima one, but like you mentioned it would probably mean changing the whole assembly.
Will not even try to do that mod...way too much money for me and way too much work, even though it does look nice. Got this pic from a mod page submitter, looks like they fit well. Not sure on how they install, but expect alot cheaper and easier install. This is from a dremmel guy who had to buy carbon bits to install pedals on the BMW....the acc pedal seems to be a problem....dead pedal and brake will be easy.

Just another 6th gen pic....

Look like clip on. Ramberg would be the best on this mod.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:26 PM

So, after a coupl eof days searching in google, looking at ebay, and other sport Pedal Companies, I still can't find a sport pedal design for the Maxima, and reading your posts confirms it, problem is that I know I saw someplace some Maximas (04-05) with Sport Pedals, just like OBX pedals, but I still can't remember where?

I'm also looking at ebay to see for Altimas Pedals, but so far no luck, so I'm still open for links, recommendations and suggestions, thanks.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by carcus
Will not even try to do that mod...way too much money for me and way too much work, even though it does look nice. Got this pic from a mod page submitter, looks like they fit well. Not sure on how they install, but expect alot cheaper and easier install. This is from a dremmel guy who had to buy carbon bits to install pedals on the BMW....the acc pedal seems to be a problem....dead pedal and brake will be easy.

I just put on the same pedals (covers) They were very easy to install and Im happy with them.....and happy I didnt have to do no drilling!

Jay
Old 03-05-2005, 08:28 PM

I think I saw those today at pepBoys, but none of them came with Dead Pedals.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by erasat
I think I saw those today at pepBoys, but none of them came with Dead Pedals.
You are not going to get a dead pedal with these....all you see is all you get.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Silverbelle: DO u have all the Altima SER pedals??
Old 03-05-2005, 09:20 PM

Here is a website for Altima SER pedals from Performance Nissan - http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...oducts_id=2902
Old 03-05-2005, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Silverbelle: DO u have all the Altima SER pedals??
No - what i have is the 20th anniversary Maxima gas and brake pedals which look the same as the SER pedals. But the 20Th anniversary gas pedal has to be modified to fit. From what i cna tell, you need to replace the whole gas pedal assembly if you want to use the SER pedals.

My dead pedal is from the 350Z, but this also needs to be modified to fit.

bob
Old 03-06-2005, 05:26 AM

Here is a website for Altima SER pedals from Performance Nissan - http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...oducts_id=2902
Thanks a lot for the link, but on ething, Do you know anythig about this message stated in the product page:

"
Install must be done at dealer. Throttle Pedal will NOT work unless reset by Dealer! "
Old 03-06-2005, 05:29 AM

Hi, Can you tell me where you got yours?, Also, Do you know anything about what I stated in the previous message about the pedals must be installed in a dealer?, Thanks.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by erasat
Hi, Can you tell me where you got yours?, Also, Do you know anything about what I stated in the previous message about the pedals must be installed in a dealer?, Thanks.
I purchased mine from Courtesy. Brake pedal pad and accelerator cost was $91.73 plus S&H. Footrest pedal cost is $19.76 but I did not buy it. The accelerator pedal is a plug-in unit and after installation the "closed throttle position" must be relearned.
I do not know what this entails as the dealer would not let me watch.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:25 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

http://store.yahoo.com/ltbmotorsport/mostpe.html

erasat these are pretty cool just got a set w/the foot rest 80.00 bucks
total... save sum cash and get a plain set and paint them if u like.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

or if u don't like those here is a full line up off there pedals
Old 03-06-2005, 01:44 PM

Thanks guys for the info.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:45 PM

05MAXSE: WHat did they charge you for the installation? You bought the Altima SER gas pedal and automatic trans brake pedal, right?
Old 03-06-2005, 04:29 PM

The brake pedal one can be a "pain in the you know what" to put on. I found that it slipped right on if you soak it in hot water for about 5 minutes to soften up the rubber a little.

Bob
Old 03-06-2005, 05:17 PM

I purchased mine from Courtesy. Brake pedal pad and accelerator cost was $91.73 plus S&H. Footrest pedal cost is $19.76 but I did not buy it. The accelerator pedal is a plug-in unit and after installation the "closed throttle position" must be relearned.
I do not know what this entails as the dealer would not let me watch.
How much did they charge for the install. Need to find out what this special procedure is with the pedal removal. I would go this route...but will not wait a few hours at a dealer and pay them XXX amount of $$$ for something that I should be able to do myself. Not bagging on the pedals, they look nice and OEM is nice some times, not too bad for the kit...but going to the dealer to install the pedals for me is OUT!!!
Old 03-06-2005, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Hollywood Cold

erasat these are pretty cool just got a set w/the foot rest 80.00 bucks
total... save sum cash and get a plain set and paint them if u like.
Hollywood...how did you verify if these Momo pedals fit?

Jimbo
Old 03-06-2005, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by MAJ_Jimbo
Hollywood...how did you verify if these Momo pedals fit?

Jimbo
They look nice...I am sure you could drill them on the brake pedal, main issue is how do they mount. We also have to take into account that the Maxima has a strange drive by wire style gas pedal. Take a look under the gas pedal and you will see how a clip on pedal will be a strange install. Now, with my last car, I had to actually drill through the pedals to install them. Different car though. This is a nice mod, but until I see someone with the MOMO on there, am not shelling out $$$ for a paperweight. The MOMO posted earlier with the curved pedals will not fit, and if you do get them rigged on there, they will look way out of place. Just my opinion.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:01 PM

05MAXSE: WHat did they charge you for the installation? You bought the Altima SER gas pedal and automatic trans brake pedal, right?
$60. Yes.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:05 PM

How much did they charge for the install. Need to find out what this special procedure is with the pedal removal. I would go this route...but will not wait a few hours at a dealer and pay them XXX amount of $$$ for something that I should be able to do myself. Not bagging on the pedals, they look nice and OEM is nice some times, not too bad for the kit...but going to the dealer to install the pedals for me is OUT!!!
$60. The accelerator pedal assembly has a 6 pin module and 3 bolt holes. Since this is a DBW unit would hazard a guess that it has something to do with the computer.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:51 PM

05 Max: How bout showing us some pics??? PLEEEEEZZZ
Old 03-07-2005, 04:03 AM

No camera. They look just like the Altima ser which is where I got the idea.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:11 PM

It seems like many of you are concerned about the fit of the pedals. Most universal pedals should fit the Maxima just fine. On my car the dead pedal, clutch, and brake fit with no problems. However, the drive by wire assembly is a little problematic. I installed mine myself by cross drilling through the assembly to accomodate the hardware for the pedals. Here are some pics to show you what I mean.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:37 PM

Here is a pic of the Altima SE-R interior with the aluminum drilled pedals. I think Im sold.
http://media.cars.ign.com/media/669/...g_2351586.html