6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

when delivery trucks attack

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 10:25 PM

when delivery trucks attack

so im at the sunoco ( the gas station that i work at) filling up the walk in cooler.. i walk out of there and i look at my sexy car.. but this time it gave a wierd reflection.. so im like ehh watever.. so i walk to the registers and i look out again...

HOLY MO****ING ****

all i hear is one of our daily customers going: "yo son that guy jet man.. he want to the right"

thats rite ppl.. its a ****ing hit and run.. i tried to run to up him..but i couldnt find him..

some punk *** ***** of a guy decides to hit my car and run like theres no tomorrow.. ive already had a bad day.. but this is even worse.. i literally look at the car.. and i cried.. yes i cried.. ive had this car for less then 2 months and the back is trashed..

so after about 20mins of just calming down.. i talked with my cousin while we were checking the security cameras.. and it turns out the guy was just an *** because he almost hit another parked car.. also one of the employees thinks its this one guy.. not completely sure.. but hell if i find his good for nothing ***.. im taking my torque wrench to his face and then hell help him

so any of u guys know some decent upgrades.. im thinking of getting the 07 rear bumper and getting that spoiler/trunk also.. im gonna try to squeeze in a paintjob.. but im not pushing it
Old 06-29-2007, 10:30 PM

wow... would be an improvement here...

If you know who the guy is, then why not insurance or lawsuit?
Old 06-29-2007, 10:35 PM

damn, now that sucks. hope you get more info on that bastard that did it. no one heard the impact?
Old 06-29-2007, 10:35 PM
SickSE

Hey man, sh it happones and there is nothing you can do to go back in time. Find this guy, make him pay for the damages, do some upgrades as you were referring to and all is good. I have had my fair share of setbacks and I can say from experience looking on the downside is not the way to go. Cheer up bro, its all good!!!!

Alex

Old 06-30-2007, 06:57 AM
KC's FINEST

What does this have to do with a delivery truck? If you know what it was that hit you, handle it.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:22 AM

What does this have to do with a delivery truck? If you know what it was that hit you, handle it.

plus one. no job is worth letting someone hit your car and get away with it. i would have grabbed the witness and went after the guy, since he seen the guy who hit you. plus, there only so many delivery trucks in a town. find out what kind it is, find out who was on shift @ that time and arrange a sit down. then again, theres next to no honest folk left these days.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Banned

Wow that really sucks...When I first got the car new I barely had any cash left over every month so if something like this had happened I woulda been screwed. Hope you can work something out, check junkyards for bumpers
Old 06-30-2007, 07:43 AM

Sit down???? How about a throw down?!?! dude, I feel the pain...
Old 06-30-2007, 08:00 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

did you call the cops? insurance should cover it as long as you're insured... I'm in the same boat as you, except I know who hit my car..

as for upgrading, 07 bumper, 07 trunk/spoiler, 07 exhaust tips (they're slightly different) ... a shop should put all of them on for you without a problem from the insurance company, as I think it's the same cost as your 04..
Old 06-30-2007, 10:52 AM

it wasnt the guy we thought it was cus this was some young guy and he wasnt even for us.. he was just trying to fill up i guess and just backed into my car and just bounced.. we tried to get some more detail from witnesses.. but no luck.. we called up other food stores see if they were scheduled a delivery but nothing matches the damn punk..

but ya my insurance is gonna pay for it.. and im gonna talk with the mechanic and tell him to get me the stuff from an 07.. ahh well
Old 06-30-2007, 02:31 PM

that suckss bro.... people are stupid i swear....i work at a gas station and my maxima is always parked in front of the store so i can see it all the time...and if someone parks next to it and walks around it iv got my remote in my hands, just so i can scare their *** away from my ride if they try to out smart me....anyways, good luck with repair, do keep the OEM look [ no aftermarket bodykits]
Old 06-30-2007, 02:54 PM

yeaaahhh...we're gonna need some pics of this when its completed....mmmkay?
Old 06-30-2007, 05:17 PM

omfg..... do you know what kind of delivery truck did that? Your insurance and police dept. can go after that company. find out if they were delievering to a company near by. start asking questions...
Old 06-30-2007, 05:34 PM

Was it a delivery for the gas station? If it was, you could go back there and see the invoice so you can possible get some information like what company/what truck, further investigate as to who was driving the delivery truck. Just a thought..
Old 06-30-2007, 08:39 PM

That sucks. I feel your pain i had a soccer mom back into my truck and drive off. Luckly someone saw her do it and told my girls dad.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:18 PM

did you get the license plate #? if it was a delivery truck, wouldnt you know what company it was? somethings missing here.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:25 PM

damn man. i feel sorry 4 u
Old 06-30-2007, 10:31 PM

guys... he said before that it was just someone probably filling up.. not actually making a delivery to the store.. there's like eleventeen people saying to look it up or whatever...
Old 07-01-2007, 05:53 AM
KC's FINEST

I would'nt get your hopes up on insurance buying you 07 model parts. They are very strict on using OEM pieces when repairing. I seriously doubt they'll go for the "upgraded" idea... I was pushed into a curb not too long ago. Scratched a rim, broke the A-arm and blew a strut. I offered to spend the difference to get the progress springs/adj. struts etc. No good. Just my .02
Old 07-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Nightmare = Reality

if the cost of the parts is the same, it's pretty easy to get the shop to charge insurance for the newer parts. My bro got hit in the tail and the shop offered to put an aftermarket cat-back on his car because the cost was the same. Good Luck, within HOURS of picking up my car from the dealer an oncoming tractor trailer's motion swept up a large box laying in the middle of the road and totally #%^*& up my clear coat and windshield when it went across my hood. so i def know what it's like to have the car "christened"

this is where i ask myself "Why can't i have nice things?"
Old 07-01-2007, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by KCmaxx
I would'nt get your hopes up on insurance buying you 07 model parts. They are very strict on using OEM pieces when repairing. I seriously doubt they'll go for the "upgraded" idea... I was pushed into a curb not too long ago. Scratched a rim, broke the A-arm and blew a strut. I offered to spend the difference to get the progress springs/adj. struts etc. No good. Just my .02
I'm not using the shop my insurance company wants to use, which might be a factor in that.. my shop said it's not a problem at all..
Old 07-02-2007, 06:31 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Dude that sucks. I feel your pain. Not a lot of damage thou, you should have it fixed in no time. Its just the trunk link, bumper cover and underlaying elements. Get an 07 bumper and spoiler and you'll be good to go.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:02 PM

Man, if I find my car like that, I'd shoot myself....

With all the upcoming changes you have to do, change those wheels since you're at it.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:08 PM

"Why can't we have nice things?"

This is the question every man and woman with a nice car asks. I swear I am waiting for the day for my car to be demolished. When I had the Cavi I had no issues, no worries. Now everytime I park it outside of a retail store I hold my breath...

Joshua
Old 07-02-2007, 08:30 PM

lol joshua.. i was just like that.. i had my first car as a 99 galant.. and it was a POS but i built it up a little made it look some wat decent.. and never really worried much about it.. but the second i took this car and parked it anywhere.. id double check of everything man..

and the trunk wont stay shut anymore.. one easy yank and it will open up

cant wait till the morning cus then im gonna get it in the shop
Old 07-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Turbo'd Saab

wtf its not just a back up tap or anything they ****ing rammed it, holy hell he had to be like 10-15mph thats insane, you need to file a police report cause if something does come up later and you can catch the guy down the road he will be required to pay you back in a bigger sum then what you would get now, to compensate for loses and what not
Old 07-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Nightmare = Reality

my first car was a 92 lumina. I drove the **** outta that car, and had spent more than the car was worth on stereo. It wasn't totally finished on the audio ever, but I remember trying to manuver around an ambulance and denting the door on the steel bumper, sliding it into a neighbor's mailbox in the winter, all kinds of things. . .and the car never rusted, never stayed dented, and was even missing sections of clearcoat. . .I look back and still love that car for the most retarded reasons. My max i feel like i can't even park it in the covered spot anymore and some punks keep stealing and breaking the lightbulbs to illuminate the spaces.. . .
Old 07-03-2007, 09:35 AM

Only in Jersey.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:06 AM

OH my... I feel your pain for crying. There is nothing wrong with crying... especially when you feel like you just got F***ed... I just noticed my 07 Maxima got a door ding and my heart sank... not the same, but still it's my baby and some punk didn't respect that... ugh! Hope you get it fixed and all works well.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:58 PM
ahhh! cliMAX!

why dont you check the gas station video cameras?
Old 07-04-2007, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by godlyone
why dont you check the gas station video cameras?
he did that already.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:28 PM
I piss on Civics.

my god dude i feel your friggin pain. i a network administrator for a large school district and its not bad dealing with other teachers and kids during the year. the only pain is during the summer when camps come in.. i have to deal with packs of kids running to mom's suburban monster dinging up doors left and right.. god i cry myself to sleep almost every nite D:!

i practically park my car on the other side of the lot, walk the 1000ft extra to my office just to keep my car in one piece. Last year a mom decided to fling her hummer door right into my driver side quarter panel. it was an awesome looking dinger that convinced her it was cool to just drive off and say nothing.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:25 PM

yah.. so i talked with the body shop.. and they are gonna see if they can get the 07 bumper on it..

front cover
back cover
right taillight
trunk
and one tire

and btw im in NE philly.. i work at the sunoco on roosevlet blvd and welsh rd.. any of u guys wanna drop by.. come on by.. ill see if i can hook u guys up with something (NOT GAS)
Old 07-07-2007, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by mapid145
yah.. so i talked with the body shop.. and they are gonna see if they can get the 07 bumper on it..

front cover
back cover
right taillight
trunk
and one tire
all that was damaged?? did it push the car into the wall?

Originally Posted by mapid145
and btw im in NE philly.. i work at the sunoco on roosevlet blvd and welsh rd.. any of u guys wanna drop by.. come on by.. ill see if i can hook u guys up with something (NOT GAS)
maybe some beans to give you gas??