Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008-48/)
-   -   Dropped on 22's **** update **** (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008/309770-dropped-22s-update.html)

Tek-Niq 06-28-2005 01:27 PM

Dropped on 22's **** update ****

I dropped my car on K-sport coilovers last week guys. these are the before and after.

****note that this is just the front coils..... I do the rear tonight, but is not worth posting since it will stay at the height is is now*****

before:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t/24f8180f.jpg

after:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t/e03d38d3.jpg

click the pic on my sig and sign my guessbook on cardomain..

GHOSTRIDER 3.5 06-28-2005 01:41 PM

Now thats hot looks so much better droped man keep doing your thing man :doublethu

luigi'smax 06-28-2005 01:49 PM

niiice !! .

Blade445 06-28-2005 02:00 PM

How does it ride now?

Blade

Tek-Niq 06-28-2005 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Blade445
How does it ride now?

Blade

thanx guys.....

well since the springs are way smaller than stock, it rebounds way quicker.. giving a somewhat of a bouncy ride with the coils set at soft...

I haven't tried hard yet to give you a complete answer to your question... I'll keep updating..

carcus 06-28-2005 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
thanx guys.....

well since the springs are way smaller than stock, it rebounds way quicker.. giving a somewhat of a bouncy ride with the coils set at soft...

I haven't tried hard yet to give you a complete answer to your question... I'll keep updating..

Damn Tek....you are now the king of bling!!! Looks AWSOME!!!! Watch the potholes....I have had a few scares with my 20"s.

Some chrome side pillars like I have would look real good on your car...hint hint. :p

DeusExMaxima 06-28-2005 03:11 PM

Im interested in how the coil overs are too. Im looking for handling. I dont mind a stiffer ride.

Hamy 06-28-2005 03:23 PM

That looks so much better!! Still no rubbing even slammed?

maxgangsta02 06-28-2005 03:51 PM

bling bling! car looks hot! :)

blkONblk01 06-28-2005 03:59 PM

looks real good now! When you putting the tv's in?

P.S. Dont do the side chrome pillars it will take focus off the wheels and is overkill, but thats just my opinion.

dmbmaxima2k2 06-28-2005 04:17 PM

looks great, but how does it ride on these great roads we have in mass.

ramberg 06-28-2005 04:57 PM

Your ride is looking tight. Sent you a PM. Later Warren

VIP Maxima 06-28-2005 05:02 PM

now all u need is an aerokit to set it off

Wakkus_Maximus 06-28-2005 05:20 PM

Uffff Tek I knew you were gonna show up with something real nice... Really good looking ride....

RHMax 06-28-2005 05:29 PM

Perfect height, especially with the rims. Let us know on the ride.

Tek-Niq 06-28-2005 07:31 PM

ok finally finished the rear and posted pics... now that I have all corners in is not bouncy at all, but nice and firm the way I like it... I had to hurry and I left the rear alittle too low and when it hits a nice size bump it rubs alittle, but some more adjustments to the coil would take care of that..

when infact I fix the adjustments it won't rub anymore for you guys interested on coils.. it rides firm when set two turns away fron being full hard...

so far so good with them, I will finish tomorrow and once again update...

http://tekniq.homelinux.net/images/low.jpg

http://tekniq.homelinux.net/images/low1.jpg

http://tekniq.homelinux.net/images/low2.jpg

http://tekniq.homelinux.net/images/low3.jpg

http://tekniq.homelinux.net/images/low4.jpg

pae1215 06-28-2005 07:34 PM

thats hott. good sh*t Tek

Tek-Niq 06-28-2005 07:45 PM

thanx PAL.....

as for TV's..... right now I'm focused on painting my engine covers and the lower grille the same color as the car and getting the engine bay to look good...

I'm working on the EYE LIDS for the car and hopefully have them this saturday...

little mods to get out the way first, then I will hit the audio/video hard... so far I did do the BIG 3 getting it set up for my system...

thanx to all for your support and comments.....

JiuJitsuThug 06-28-2005 08:01 PM

Looks HOT! Nice work brother!

kicks26 06-28-2005 10:00 PM

I'm not really feeling the rims too much. I'm not hating or anything, but I just think 22" rims are toooooo big. I just think if you're gonna buy a maxima, whats the point of putting 22's on it? I'm sure you're just doing it for the attention, but what about the ride quality. I'm sure you won't be using all 265 horses now that you went up to 22's. Sure it probably looks good but now you can't even put those horses to use. Just my opinion.

EdRomo86 06-28-2005 10:12 PM

the max isnt a race car anyways but tek i am jealous of your ride. that **** is ****in dope. loving everything about it. still havent gotten my 22's back on. insurance is being *******s. hopefully soon though. no rubbing anywhere. did you have to cut more things out. let me know. thanks.

Tek-Niq 06-28-2005 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by kicks26
I'm not really feeling the rims too much. I'm not hating or anything, but I just think 22" rims are toooooo big. I just think if you're gonna buy a maxima, whats the point of putting 22's on it? I'm sure you're just doing it for the attention, but what about the ride quality. I'm sure you won't be using all 265 horses now that you went up to 22's. Sure it probably looks good but now you can't even put those horses to use. Just my opinion.

trust me, it still runs good... i don't tend to step on it at a green light to be the first off the line, but it gets going real good..

I was going to go performance wize. but due to lack of mods available to really pump up the hp, I desided to go for the look instead..

ride. the ride is firm now that installed the K sport coils and I have not one complain about them yet.. I took the car down some roads and the ride was better than it was stock.. not stiff but firm..

I don't think I can explain it I think you have to try it for yourself to really know.. but I won't be doing it if it wasn't all cracked up to be... I love how it is. I thought I was going to loose so much more than how it was stock, but no, that wasn't the case.

it goes good, it rides awsome...... can't complain..

Tek-Niq 06-28-2005 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by EdRomo86
the max isnt a race car anyways but tek i am jealous of your ride. that **** is ****in dope. loving everything about it. still havent gotten my 22's back on. insurance is being *******s. hopefully soon though. no rubbing anywhere. did you have to cut more things out. let me know. thanks.

I just have to raise the rear alittle more, I left it too low and when I hit bumps it rubs very little...

I won't say that it don't rub cause it does, but only in the front once I raise the rear some..

overall its great.......... tell the insurance to hurry the hell up!!!! lol

memphis_sktr 06-28-2005 10:20 PM

:drool1: :drool1: :drool1: :drool1: :drool1: Me want 22s, me want 22s!

jsmithsole 06-28-2005 11:09 PM

Tek,
Looks nice man I'm glad the colis worked out over the D2 deal we almost fell into!!!
The "no gap" in the front looks amazing...

I've been in Vancouver, BC for a week now, damn I miss the Max!!!!

04 maxse 06-29-2005 09:09 AM

Looking great TEK, you are the King of Bling.

eLMo 06-29-2005 10:32 AM

The second set of pics really show how nice it is. I didn't really feel it to much till I saw the second set. That thing is amazing.

P.S. So when is the Gucci seats gonna be put in? LOLOL.

BudoTek 06-29-2005 10:58 AM

damn Tek, you're offically pimpin...

:king2:

Smoken'04 06-29-2005 02:45 PM

Looks alot better dropped Tek...still think the 22's are a bit large but the coils help it alot. Keep modding....gives the little people like me hope.

boone 06-29-2005 02:51 PM

I just have to raise the rear alittle more, I left it too low and when I hit bumps it rubs very little...

I won't say that it don't rub cause it does, but only in the front once I raise the rear some..

Looks great. If I read this correctly, you're saying that it rubs in the front too? When and how much?

Tek-Niq 06-29-2005 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by eLMo
The second set of pics really show how nice it is. I didn't really feel it to much till I saw the second set. That thing is amazing.

P.S. So when is the Gucci seats gonna be put in? LOLOL.

lol........

Tek-Niq 06-29-2005 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by boone
Looks great. If I read this correctly, you're saying that it rubs in the front too? When and how much?

front: when I turn sharply, like going into my driveway or so, doing a u turn... it will only rub when the corner of the wheel is passing the front and rear of the well.. if I turn full lock it won't rub.. I think the plastic on the well bulges out abit and the tire rubs alittle of it.. I'm in the process of fixing this..

rear: this is not an issue, I left it too low when I installed the coils cause it was getting late.. once up again it won't rub at all, just like it was when on stock springs and struts..

rabenoja 06-29-2005 03:13 PM

Nice setup, tek. I'd love to do the coils but, I already rub my front bumper going up and down the driveway. When you are ready to do some tv's let me know....I can hook you up with them.

Tek-Niq 06-29-2005 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by rabenoja
Nice setup, tek. I'd love to do the coils but, I already rub my front bumper going up and down the driveway. When you are ready to do some tv's let me know....I can hook you up with them.

hey thanx... I can use some help with the t.v's cause I need 6 of them for the set up I got designed..

I will let you know for sure thanx again..

Maximam 06-29-2005 06:22 PM

hey thanx... I can use some help with the t.v's cause I need 6 of them for the set up I got designed..

I will let you know for sure thanx again..

:doublethu :doublethu :doublethu

Mark

04BlackMaxx 06-29-2005 06:30 PM

That looks much better tek, loweing the front made all the difference in the world to me. Some side skirts might create an even better look to make the car wrap around the rims even more...but dropping it fixed the problem where it looked like the car was sitting too high on those big wheels.

DaBoxSE 06-29-2005 06:41 PM

:shock: :drool: :run:

eLMo 06-29-2005 08:39 PM

Oh I think big rotors with big calipers painted red would look nice on it too. Also a car wash.

Ryals 06-30-2005 11:23 AM

So as of the moment, you have no problems with the 22's on the max and dropped like that? I mean not even with turning? How about w/ 4 grown adults ridin, does it scub then? It is truely a beautiful site, but scary at the same time... lol!!

headbrainface 06-30-2005 01:05 PM

very nice looking rig.