Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008-48/)
-   -   Total NEWB here (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008/310028-total-newb-here.html)

smokey04max 06-29-2005 06:42 PM

Total NEWB here

Hello all, I am a complete newbie when it comes to Nissans. I just got a management trainee position at Crown Nissan in Greensboro, N.C. And i figured that if I sell Nissan, I should drive Nissan. At first I wanted a 350Z but after I drove the max I was hooked. I immediately traded my '96 civic (no mods) *cough* PIECE OF CRAP *cough* and got a '04 3.5 SL shiftable automajik. I LOVE IT, and I wanna start modding ASAP. After reading over the forums I have come to the conclusion that my starters should be a front strut bar, CE y- pipe, and i chose the greddy SP-2 exhaust. Any advice to the newb??? suggestions?? questions??? comments?? concerns???? Pics coming soon, but you know what a smoke SL looks like anyhow. Any way, I donated b/c I love what the mods are doing with the site, and I look forward to talking to you all about nissans.....
Keep it rolling

---SMOKEY!

Jayzmax04 06-29-2005 06:49 PM

Welcome Smokey.

Read on, and do some searching for alot of answers. I would suggest the rear sway before the front.

"You know this man!"

Tek-Niq 06-29-2005 07:26 PM

welcome Smokey. take a look at this thread.. this covers most of our mods and installation pics.. click here for site..

any question just check us out here on the org, happy modding..

CanadianMoFo 06-29-2005 08:58 PM

Watch out. If you mod it too much you may have to deny yourself the factory warranty. Immagine all the arguements you may end up having with yourself about warranty issues in the future. ;)

JiuJitsuThug 06-29-2005 09:43 PM

Glad to have you here - welcome to the 6th gen familia :)

-AoW-JP 06-29-2005 10:19 PM

Welcome, I've found some good info and good people on this site.

HzMajesty 06-29-2005 10:26 PM

welcome to the family bro....

enjoy ur time and read on... :)

NismoMax80 06-29-2005 10:27 PM

Stickies are your friend :hide:

blackpaladin67 06-29-2005 10:32 PM

Greeting from OZ

Hi Mate ,

This a great place to start if you want to Mod up..

All the best and have fun... :russ:

chernmax 06-30-2005 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jayzmax04
Welcome Smokey.

Read on, and do some searching for alot of answers. I would suggest the rear sway before the front.

"You know this man!"

Agree, do the rear first, it will have more anti-sway impact, then do the front. Also, order the Greddy SP-II and Y-Pipe together and have it installed together, it will definitely save you shop time as well as install cost. You should know how much those Stealerships charge. Also recommend an Injen (that's the brand) CAI "Cold Air Intake". What's the use of a great exhaust system if your car can only take little breaths. Good Luck, great choice, and welcome to the forum... :doublethu

PS it's summer time, recommend get some tint up, maxima's look slamin tinted...

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...2_216_full.jpg

smokey04max 06-30-2005 04:15 PM

Thanks guys, after review I think I am going w/ the tint 1st (since the dealership will put 30% on it for $100 and pass my inspections), but thats the last exterior thing...
1st rear sway, then front..........
then Injen CIA........
then CE Y-Pipe and Greddy SP-II....
thnx for all your help and advice... look forward to talking to you more. :greenboun

Glude 06-30-2005 04:18 PM

If you want a cheaper intake you can go with the Berk or the JWT popcharger. Intakes dont really give much power though,just more sound, the only one I think might give power is the JWT pop since the filter has such a huge surface area. Injen isnt worth the money IMO..

pae1215 06-30-2005 04:19 PM

welcome!!! :ben:

If you can, you should paint the lower valience to match the body color. the car will look so much hotter!

05Max6spd 06-30-2005 06:17 PM

Thanks Smokey, for asking the questions that I was going to ask!!Love the trenz grilles too. I think I am going for the exhaust and y pipe first.then CAI and last but not least the swaybars.

Max'dMatt2k3 06-30-2005 06:31 PM

cool to see another fellow "evil" dealership guy out there that actually cares what he sells, welcome and good luck, Smoke is a beautiful color on the 6th gens, and somewhat rare on an 04, definatly do the suspension first, cars has plenty of go in it (esp. coming from a hondulll)

jsmithsole 06-30-2005 09:17 PM

Welcome aboard!!!

smokey04max 07-01-2005 08:30 AM

Windows are being tinted as I type.... 30% front, and 5% in the back and around... I cannot wait to see it. Should be done in about 2 hours.... I will post again w/ details/.

wsu 07-01-2005 10:16 AM

two way communication...

Originally Posted by smokey04max
Hello all, I am a complete newbie when it comes to Nissans. I just got a management trainee position at Crown Nissan in Greensboro, N.C. And i figured that if I sell Nissan, I should drive Nissan. At first I wanted a 350Z but after I drove the max I was hooked. I immediately traded my '96 civic (no mods) *cough* PIECE OF CRAP *cough* and got a '04 3.5 SL shiftable automajik. I LOVE IT, and I wanna start modding ASAP. After reading over the forums I have come to the conclusion that my starters should be a front strut bar, CE y- pipe, and i chose the greddy SP-2 exhaust. Any advice to the newb??? suggestions?? questions??? comments?? concerns???? Pics coming soon, but you know what a smoke SL looks like anyhow. Any way, I donated b/c I love what the mods are doing with the site, and I look forward to talking to you all about nissans.....
Keep it rolling

---SMOKEY!

I am sure that you will be able to garner considerable and valuable Maxima information from this site. As you are in a somewhat unique situation with respect to your new management trainee position, I hope you will be comfortable imparting special information to us that we might not otherwise know about that might assist us, though I would never want you to compromise professional discretion or otherwise put yourself at risk.

chernmax 07-01-2005 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by wsu
I am sure that you will be able to garner considerable and valuable Maxima information from this site. As you are in a somewhat unique situation with respect to your new management trainee position, I hope you will be comfortable imparting special information to us that we might not otherwise know about that might assist us, though I would never want you to compromise professional discretion or otherwise put yourself at risk.

Bull, spill your guts, we want all the inside info...

ORG LOYALTY...

Just don't get caught...

ramberg 07-01-2005 01:12 PM

Wecome to the org. You will learn alot here. :king2:

[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67...g/DSC02158.jpg[/IMG]

Pause 07-01-2005 01:24 PM

Glad to have you aboard, welcome.

RHMax 07-01-2005 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pause
Glad to have you aboard, welcome.

:sprint:

Originally Posted by chernmax
Bull, spill your guts, we want all the inside info...

ORG LOYALTY... Just don't get caught...

:sprint: We won't tell :doublethu

rabenoja 07-01-2005 02:39 PM

Yeah, welcome and get us some inside info! :D

smokey04max 07-02-2005 05:34 AM

Yeah guys..... no problem, if there is anything you wanna know, if I do not know, I can find out, feel free to ask away... although it might require a new topic. I will start.... how about "questions for the dealership" as the title?