Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008-48/)
-   -   Technosquare ecu DYNO.... (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008/343621-technosquare-ecu-dyno.html)

Tek-Niq 02-25-2006 01:49 PM

Technosquare ecu DYNO....

here they are:

to let you know, I missed one run on the dyno..

with intake instead of 211hp and 216tq it was

intake base:
213hp 222tq

I read the wrong one when I had it, so I picked up 13hp with the intake alone!!!

with ECU:
my best was 223hp and 235tq

this is all motor, no exaust mods at all, no pulley no nothing, just intake and motor..

here is my graph:

http://tekniq.homelinux.net/dyno/tek_dyno.jpg

we are still having trouble with the fuel to air, we still seem to be getting lean, so I will be sending the ecu back to TS to fix that.

we expect another 8-10hp when is better..

there you go guys, enjoy!!!

NismoMax80 02-25-2006 01:51 PM

:woot: sweet

Tek-Niq 02-25-2006 01:53 PM

just for kicks, they got my car up to 155mph's on the dyno....

no governor!!!

on 4th gear...

kamski 02-25-2006 01:56 PM

Wow

So what does that put you on fly wheel horse power?

Kam

Tek-Niq 02-25-2006 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by kamilkluczewski
So what does that put you on fly wheel horse power?

Kam

crank?

I belive is around 280- 285hp or so at the crank, someone can correct me if I'm wrong...

SmokedOutMaxi 02-25-2006 02:40 PM

so tek when will these be available??? does the type of tranny matter???? i remember reading something that it would only fit a certant type of 6th gen like is depends on the year or if you were auto or stick but i could be wrong.....let me know

JoesRedMax 02-25-2006 02:42 PM

This sounds sweet Tek, I wonder if with the exhaust I have and the underdrive pully, could I possibly come close to 300hp at the crank with this ecu?

Tek-Niq 02-25-2006 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by SmokedOutMaxi
so tek when will these be available??? does the type of tranny matter???? i remember reading something that it would only fit a certant type of 6th gen like is depends on the year or if you were auto or stick but i could be wrong.....let me know

we still have lean issues to work out, so monday I will talk to TS and hopefully they will have it done by next week.

two weeks max i hope..

the pulley and another mod will be next. I have something up my sleeve that I will reveal later on..

Tek-Niq 02-25-2006 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by JoesRedMax
This sounds sweet Tek, I wonder if with the exhaust I have and the underdrive pully, could I possibly come close to 300hp at the crank with this ecu?

I'm going to hit soon hopefully Joe!

Mystery 02-25-2006 02:49 PM

Very cool. Good work tek.

jsmithsole 02-25-2006 03:04 PM

Nice work Tek!!! :thumbsup: :woot2: :ben: :leapfrog:

RHMax 02-25-2006 03:10 PM

Holy moly!

Dear TS...

I want one now!

Tek-Niq 02-25-2006 03:14 PM

thanx guys, hopefully we can fix that lean, and pick up 10 more HP..

Apollos2 02-25-2006 03:28 PM

Great info for the forum Tek! :bowdown1:

I gotta ask though, ""TS charges $495 for all other VQ35's, from G35 to Altima. I would guess the same for us." if thats true. Isn't the "HP for the dollar" gain a little low?

With the Fujita intake:
200hp------> 213hp Thats plus 10hp
221tq------> 222tq Torque stays about the same.

with the ECU
213hp ----->223hp That's plus 10hp
222tq------>235tq That's plus 13tq increase.

:ben:
On the upside side, you say it's still running lean and if we add another 10hp and some more torque after adjustments it becomes a much better value. And if it "unlocks" the potential in the other mods.....:woot:

So many mods.....so little money..... :bonk:

Tek-Niq 02-25-2006 03:32 PM

yea, I wouldn't go by these numbers just yet, give me one more dyno try with the ecu all done up then compair prices..

I'm also working with the guy to get a better price also, it might not be for long though so have your dollars ready, and try and be one of the first to get it...

I don't have a ballpark $ to give, but keep looking for updates, my next will be on monday..

Glude 02-25-2006 04:05 PM

Very nice Tek! Better than I expected which is awsome. Cant wait to see your numbers for the next dyno.

SR20DEN 02-25-2006 04:12 PM

10whp from the ECU alone? That definately is not the norm that most Nissan owners get. I also see your torque converter keeps locking up at 4300rpm and spiking the dyno.

Tek-Niq 02-25-2006 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by SR20DEN
10whp from the ECU alone? That definately is not the norm that most Nissan owners get. I also see your torque converter keeps locking up at 4300rpm and spiking the dyno.

still needs work... we will fix that soon..

the converter, once it kicks on, it gives mad power though, hopefully the fuel can level it some..

RHMax 02-25-2006 04:17 PM

The spikes at 4300 rpm, that seems to be cnough to cause some wheel spin. And the AFR is leaner ar the top than stock, but richer at the bottom.

Tek-Niq 02-25-2006 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by RHMax
The spikes at 4300 rpm, that seems to be cnough to cause some wheel spin. And the AFR is leaner ar the top than stock, but richer at the bottom.

today I gunned it on some slightly wet surface, and the car spun 2 to 3rd to 4th gear..

the car shifts so quick now it catches the gears better than stock and just keeps spining them hard, it won't delay or choke up like it would on a stock ecu..

fun fun..

logik05se 02-25-2006 05:08 PM

friggin awesome tek, im really glad i came home from work to read this.

*FleXIMA* 02-25-2006 05:14 PM

Tek UR THE MANNNNNN :)

MAXIMA-GHOST 02-25-2006 05:27 PM

:bowdown1: hey TEK, you do have the 5-AT correct?? If so, SWEEEEEEEEET!! I have the 5-AT... I cant wait to see the finished process.. Also, will you do some runs with your mods hooked up as well? LAter, bro, and keep that mad stuff coming our way... Your the shiznit!!!:bowdown1:

Tek-Niq 02-25-2006 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by flexizganstah
Tek UR THE MANNNNNN :)

lol,

not yet, wait till I'm done. once we get the fuel right it should be higher.

10hp without tuning is pretty good though..

Tek-Niq 02-25-2006 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by MAXIMA-GHOST
:bowdown1: hey TEK, you do have the 5-AT correct?? If so, SWEEEEEEEEET!! I have the 5-AT... I cant wait to see the finished process.. Also, will you do some runs with your mods hooked up as well? LAter, bro, and keep that mad stuff coming our way... Your the shiznit!!!:bowdown1:

yea I'm 5-at...

what mods are you talking about Ghost?

I have the pulley to do next, a secret mod also, and prob the y-pipe soon.

I want to do it little by little, but get the most out of the motor without boosting for now..

steven88 02-25-2006 05:39 PM

nice #'s tek...223whp with intake+ecu on 5at is pretty damn nice....

I wonder what the 6spd would do? Heard it doesn't run as efficent and robs more whp than a 5spd manual in the vq30....

I wonder what you would get with headers + test pipe and further fine tuning....oh yeah, did you run the dyno with 22 inch rims? you think that woulda slowed you down quite some?

Tek-Niq 02-25-2006 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by steven88
nice #'s tek...223whp with intake+ecu on 5at is pretty damn nice....

I wonder what the 6spd would do? Heard it doesn't run as efficent and robs more whp than a 5spd manual in the vq30....

I wonder what you would get with headers + test pipe and further fine tuning....oh yeah, did you run the dyno with 22 inch rims? you think that woulda slowed you down quite some?

I ran on stock wheels, the 22's weight it down some, not a whole lot. the car is still fast when it is on 22's..

for sure the car would have made more power with headers and everything else.

we'll see 300hp soon, the new 7thgen will have nothing on us...lol...

SmokedOutMaxi 02-25-2006 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
I ran on stock wheels, the 22's weight it down some, not a whole lot. the car is still fast when it is on 22's..

for sure the car would have made more power with headers and everything else.

we'll see 300hp soon, the new 7thgen will have nothing on us...lol...

most def tek. you just keep bringing it to the table. keep me posted on price

MAXIMA-GHOST 02-25-2006 05:57 PM

i guess you did the run with your Fujite intake correct.. I thought you had an exhaust? Man i spend too much time here, i get people mixed up with others.. sorry. so what you do is do it stock, then install each one to find out what the best set-up is.. I am new to understanding how dyno's work, sorry.. been around them, but never really took the time to understand them..

Tek-Niq 02-25-2006 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by MAXIMA-GHOST
i guess you did the run with your Fujite intake correct.. I thought you had an exhaust? Man i spend too much time here, i get people mixed up with others.. sorry. so what you do is do it stock, then install each one to find out what the best set-up is.. I am new to understanding how dyno's work, sorry.. been around them, but never really took the time to understand them..

I'm kinda holding off on exaust at the moment, I keep reading people loosing power and I don't want that right now..

next are the pulley and something I have in the works :run: ..

then once I'm done with that, the y-pipe and cattman cattback will go in..

FrostMaxima 02-25-2006 07:30 PM

Hey tek we're all brothers here don't keep us hangin on the "secret mod" fill us in! By the way you r the man with the ECU, next time get a picture of the speedo when u do a topspeed run on the dyno it will make for a good sig. pic!

Tek-Niq 02-25-2006 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by FrostMaxima
Hey tek we're all brothers here don't keep us hangin on the "secret mod" fill us in! By the way you r the man with the ECU, next time get a picture of the speedo when u do a topspeed run on the dyno it will make for a good sig. pic!

yea I thought about taking that pic lol... next time..

that secret mod is a test mule thing, I still dunno if it fits our cars yet. they claim alot of hp for it and I wanna make sure its worth it, and fits well. I also want to do a how-to and stuff like that for ya'll..

just put it this way, if it don't work I saved ya'll money... its coming soon, I get it on thursday...

don't worry though, if it performs good you will know..

RHMax 02-25-2006 07:40 PM

today I gunned it on some slightly wet surface, and the car spun 2 to 3rd to 4th gear..

the car shifts so quick now it catches the gears better than stock and just keeps spining them hard, it won't delay or choke up like it would on a stock ecu..

fun fun..

Did you try the manumatic too?

Tek-Niq 02-25-2006 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by RHMax
Did you try the manumatic too?

that was on manual...

manual now shifts at 6500 rpms, it locks good man, wheels just keep on spining. the ecu really gives the car mad power..

I put off my tv install just to get this for you guys, I can't wait to finish it up, you guys have to feel this sh!t..

FrostMaxima 02-25-2006 07:46 PM

Hey tek your gonna cause me to have sleepness nights until you post about it(the secret mod), lol, but anyways I, and i'm sure others here really appreciate how your going out on a limb to get serious mods going for us.

RHMax 02-25-2006 07:53 PM

that was on manual...

manual now shifts at 6500 rpms, it locks good man, wheels just keep on spining. the ecu really gives the car mad power..

I put off my tv install just to get this for you guys, I can't wait to finish it up, you guys have to feel this sh!t..

Fucget the TV's, don't you already have some at home???

Tek-Niq 02-25-2006 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by FrostMaxima
Hey tek your gonna cause me to have sleepness nights until you post about it(the secret mod), lol, but anyways I, and i'm sure others here really appreciate how your going out on a limb to get serious mods going for us.

nah, is nothing big... the install might be a pain for non mechanical members, thats why I wanna do everything possible to make it easy for everyone to get and install themselves..

the last thing I want is for people to get it right now and it don't fit or it don't put out as much HP advertized.

I can say the price is really good if it puts out what they claim. soon enough though. next saturday or so I'll have it installed hopefully. I'll maybe have the ecu done also, the pulley should be in by then I hope, so more fun to come..

Puppetmaster 02-25-2006 09:15 PM

Those are nice gains from a generic reflash... do you know how much they are going to richen it? To get it down to 13? 13.5? I assume they're also going to try to get it as flat as possible.

DeusExMaxima 02-26-2006 12:13 AM

I certainly have not lost power with my exhaust. In fact, it seems much faster than without. I have y-pipe and Cattman catback so my exhaust is breathing great. I have a UDP sitting in my trunk for the last year waiting to be installed. Looknig forward to that mod. Good job Tek on ur ECU development!!! ANy news on 6 speed ECU?

kamski 02-26-2006 12:48 AM

Yeah

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
I ANy news on 6 speed ECU?

Whats the word on this? Y wouldnt the 5at ECU work on the 6mt? Cant they just disable the connector part that goes to the Automatic Tranny?

Kam