Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008-48/)
-   -   Got some rust forming on my 04 (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008/385313-got-some-rust-forming-my-04-a.html)

04BlackMaxx 02-25-2007 07:27 PM

Got some rust forming on my 04

Right above the windshield, couldnt believe it, one of those nickel sized bubbling spots on the edge of the roofline where it meets the windshield. Checked warrenty and see the car has a 60mo. unlimited mileage corrosion warrenty. Im thinking about giving them a call about this and see what they say. I really dont have time for this though.

!PrjctMax! 02-25-2007 07:38 PM

I think Jsmithsole just had this done under warranty too, this seems like some bs...........................clear coat chips, paint rusts, body parts mis-aligned, it's like we have a chevy :nervous:

04BlackMaxx 02-25-2007 07:41 PM

Its on the roof of all places, I mean I live where the roads are salted I know, but usually rust starts on the wheelwells. Im going to bring this to their attention, what could they do though, repaint the entire roof, or do they do something else to stop the rust?

!PrjctMax! 02-25-2007 07:49 PM

http://www.6thgenmaxima.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1602 I think they painted his whole roof, not positive though. Just ask em' :nod:

4MySwee 02-25-2007 08:03 PM

The only down side I have ever experienced with Nissan and their paint issues are that they have told me in the past that it is warranteed against rust perforation or complete corrosion.

Let us know how they handle it.

!PrjctMax! 02-25-2007 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by 4MySwee
The only down side I have ever experienced with Nissan and their paint issues are that they have told me in the past that it is warranteed against rust perforation or complete corrosion.

Let us know how they handle it.

How is that a downside? I think you mean NOT warranteed

jsmithsole 02-25-2007 08:07 PM

Yup, they've had mine for a week now, re-painting the whole roof. Should get it back tomorrow. I had bubbling around the skyview, I suspect it was from when they replaced the it a couple of years ago...

4MySwee 02-25-2007 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
How is that a downside? I think you mean NOT warranteed

Because they didn't cover surface rust. The body part had to be completely rusted through in order for them to cover it under warranty.

I am hoping Black won't be told that also.

CanadianMoFo 02-26-2007 04:13 AM

I had a successful warranty claim for corrosion on my hood. The corner was bubbling up. They repainted it without a hassle. The panel was not corroded through, just a dime sized bubble of rust from underneath.

Now of course the paint didn't match the first time but that is a whole different matter...

CM

4MySwee 02-26-2007 05:16 AM

Glad to hear this has been a relatively painless process. I hope if I need this stuff taken care of, it will be done right, just like yours (without the hassle of arguing first).

Canadian MoFo: "Now of course the paint didn't match the first time but that is a whole different matter..."

You mean your painted panels matched straight from the factory? Impressive........;)

Swee

whitem1ke88 02-26-2007 05:58 AM

Speaking of warrantys and rust spots, I have a little bubble by my skyview, how do i check if I still have an active warranty? I bought my car used

!PrjctMax! 02-26-2007 07:44 AM

VIN # to the stealership should do it, but I think that corrosion is up to 60k, someone correct me if I'm wrong

whitem1ke88 02-26-2007 05:31 PM

Then I gotta get on it, im at like 45k

4MySwee 02-26-2007 06:32 PM

I think you're right Prjct!

Isn't it at least that?
Car's down three flights of stairs, too lazy to check booklet on it.

ramberg 02-27-2007 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by whitem1ke88
Speaking of warrantys and rust spots, I have a little bubble by my skyview, how do i check if I still have an active warranty? I bought my car used

You should also ask if your car has the recall on the skyview. J's car was involed in the recall.

04BlackMaxx 02-27-2007 12:19 PM

According to the owners manual, we have 5 years unlimited mileage warrenty on corrosion, so I have until summer 2008. Repaint the whole damn roof? That sucks, atleast its the roof which I see the least of. I always worry about the quality of the job, tossing around the idea of just touching it up and leaving it alone for the next couple years (or, who knows) I own the car.
One other place I really hope they dont even go is that the windshield was replaced by safelite when the car was a year old..the corrosion is on the leading edge of the roof right on the edge where the roof meets the windshield (but as you know there is a little channel right there and you can tell the windshield work had nothing to do with it bc the paint between the actual glass and the roof is good.

4MySwee 02-27-2007 01:47 PM

I had two windshield replacements in three days (shoddy work). I noticed that I have little places in the rear where there is a touch of rust. It's surface but I wonder.......

jsmithsole 02-28-2007 06:17 AM

Just got my car back and they did an amazing job! Just hope all the seals are in place!!