Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008-48/)
-   -   A/C and defrost problems! (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008/567780-c-defrost-problems.html)

aogburn 07-24-2008 04:32 PM

A/C and defrost problems!

It was a heavy rain up here in MD last night. It seems not only I'm I having trouble with my A/C not blowing cold. But, now it seems my defrost is jacked up as well! I attempted to run my defrost on the highest level last night but my window would not clear the fog. Not one bit! I had to resort to using a towel I had in the car to keep the window somewhat clear in order for me to see. I am completely turned off by this. Does anyone have any tips or advice for me on this matter?:(:bawling::mad:

oldngivout 07-25-2008 08:10 AM

Yes, you probably have a loss of refrigerant due to a leak in the system.

Have pro look at the pressures with a manifold gage set.

KC2010 07-25-2008 08:53 AM

I've had the same problem on another vehicle we owned. Problem: Front windshield wasn't sealed properly and moisture built up in the car. Solution: Had a windshield guy reseal it.

PGT186 07-25-2008 08:55 AM

is it possible that somehow moisture got inside the car and the condensation on the windshield was too much for the vent to handle? When there's a lot of conedensation only a towel or your hand will help...

aogburn 07-25-2008 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by KC2010 (Post 6537344)
I've had the same problem on another vehicle we owned. Problem: Front windshield wasn't sealed properly and moisture built up in the car. Solution: Had a windshield guy reseal it.

But how the hell can my front winshield not be sealed properly now. I don't think I had these problems last year. My freon is low and I think I may have an A/C leak as well.

aogburn 07-25-2008 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by PGT186 (Post 6537345)
is it possible that somehow moisture got inside the car and the condensation on the windshield was too much for the vent to handle? When there's a lot of conedensation only a towel or your hand will help...

Don't think so. I had the defrost on high and it didn't do anything to clear the window up like is should. It was unbelievable!

fcoral 05 07-26-2008 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by aogburn (Post 6538181)
Don't think so. I had the defrost on high and it didn't do anything to clear the window up like is should. It was unbelievable!

it would appear that your ac compressor is not turning on so therefore you either have a leak in your ac system or probably a blown fuse for your ac compressor. I would say check your fuses and if they're good then get your ac checked.

aogburn 07-26-2008 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by fcoral 05 (Post 6538729)
it would appear that your ac compressor is not turning on so therefore you either have a leak in your ac system or probably a blown fuse for your ac compressor. I would say check your fuses and if they're good then get your ac checked.

Where do I check at for the fuses? And after I find them, how will I know if they are blown or not?