Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008-48/)
-   -   Before and After (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008/568898-before-after.html)

shawndon 08-08-2008 06:19 PM

Before and After

Before.................

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...n/IMG_0350.jpg

After................
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...n/CIMG1131.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...n/CIMG1133.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...n/CIMG1134.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...n/CIMG1136.jpg

I was driving home from work and tried to change lanes road was still a little wet and me riding with the coilovers bouncing hit a dip wheel hopped while veering right wheels come down dont straighten out, I slam into a guard rail bounc off of it flip twice land on the rood=f and skid down the highway to a stop.

WINTERFAUST 08-08-2008 06:23 PM

that SUCKS!!! glad you are alive and well though... Goodluck with the new car shopping....

ILL-Maxima 08-08-2008 06:31 PM

Damnnnnnn dude!!! That's f'ed up man... How fast were you goin when that happened??? Had to have been a pretty good rate judging from the damage.

So what you getting next? 09 Max? :)

dantoro@cfl.rr.com 08-08-2008 06:34 PM

Ouch! I assume you had your seat belt on. Hope you bought gap insurance on that one... Was year was it?

larsim 08-08-2008 07:04 PM

ohhhhhhhhhh :eek: That has got to be the worst messed up Maxima I ever seen! Thank god you still have your life dude.

NiZMo1o1 08-08-2008 07:09 PM

Damn , glad your OK tho , a Car can be replace but not a life.

OK.Eric 08-08-2008 07:12 PM

I saw the first pic and was like ok looks good, then I expected to see some new rims or a paint job or something, but was shocked when I saw that.

Hilbe 08-08-2008 07:17 PM

So you getting an '09?

shawndon 08-08-2008 07:28 PM

Haven't decided on what car to buy yet. I am truly blessed to be lightly scarred. All i got was 2 gashes on my right hand.

SmokinMaxSE 08-08-2008 07:37 PM

Sounds like you got a "pogo" effect with the suspension. Was a nice looking Maxima. I want to replace the stock struts with some AGX adjustable struts. The rear shocks "squat" while accelerating, like that from the factory. Lowering on stock setup only makes the rear squat worse like a pogo stick.

Terrentius 08-08-2008 07:38 PM

Dang son...that is hard core! I am glad to see you are still in one piece. Props to the Max to keeping a homeboy safe and sound.

90max 08-08-2008 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by OK.Eric (Post 6564766)
I saw the first pic and was like ok looks good, then I expected to see some new rims or a paint job or something, but was shocked when I saw that.

yo me 2 i only saw the 1st pic and i'm like damn this car gona look hot *** **** the rims already look different and hot at the same time... and pow

Originally Posted by shawndon (Post 6564794)
Haven't decided on what car to buy yet. I am truly blessed to be lightly scarred. All i got was 2 gashes on my right hand.

damn dude i thought my last accident was bad i practically had NO driver seat went airborne into a tree but you topped me... thank god for those 8 airbags and keeping your life!!

Gollum67 08-08-2008 08:05 PM

Lord have mercy:eek: That look's brutal, glad that you're ok.

nzmaxima 08-08-2008 08:25 PM

That looks real nasty,shame to see a sweet maxima messed up like that,live to see another day that's the main thing.

Shoey1 08-08-2008 09:47 PM

that looks bad man, i think you can buff that out though lol

JonBlz 08-08-2008 10:28 PM

holy **** im glad your okay damn looks really bad wow

DeusExMaxima 08-08-2008 10:41 PM

Same here. Wow. Glad you're ok. :eek:

Niccos89 08-08-2008 11:40 PM

Sh*t man thats insane, good to know you made it out in one piece though, thats the main thing at the end of the day.
I was also thinking "yeah, the after pic will be the same car all souped up", then I got a shock, haha

95 Maxnout 08-08-2008 11:48 PM

Man,thats crazy....Glad to hear you were able to walk away from that with only a few scratches.Good luck with your next purchase....

2LEET4U 08-08-2008 11:58 PM

woah... glad your okay man... almost the same thing happened to me 1 month ago. I got me another 6th gen... i am really happy with the saftey and comfort our cars have. Ive seen a lot of accidents that involve our 6th gens and the driver always comes out with only a few scratches.... since my accident i was really happy that my maxima kept me from harm..

Apollos2 08-09-2008 05:47 AM

Awwwwww man :rotz: I'm so sorry to see that. I've always appreciated your input on our cars and liked your ride. I see you mention coilovers specifically in your post, do you think they had something to do with it? This is definitely in the top two wrecked Maxima's I've seen :eek:

On the upside, I'm glad to hear that you are going to be okay. It's really amazing that you come away with minor injuries. Is the insurance going to take care of you?

fat_kid 08-09-2008 06:02 AM

that sucks big time. good thing the maxi kept you safe.

From where in missouri are you?

VigilanteMax 08-09-2008 06:39 AM

Did you flip the hydrolic switch to pop up that tire....damn. Go go gadget flip my car upside down. that sucks and glad you are ok.

bb700092 08-09-2008 06:50 AM

OMG... that is aweful. Glad you are ok. Keep us posted on what you get next.

STARR 08-09-2008 07:35 AM

Glad your alright, sad to see you crashed your car.

This and many other threads of 6th Gen Maxima owners crashing their cars, with no one else involved is slightly disturbing, my car is essentially sort of stock with the suspension setup, and never once have I not felt stable and secure behind the wheel, even on wet roads, I'm kinda perplexed to see owners who have improved their cars suspension/rims,tires and drive them daily to get into such accidents

xorbitman 08-09-2008 07:56 AM

Man...ouch! I'm glad to hear you're healthy!

Were you drivin with the cruise control on?
Never use the cruise control on wet pavement!

hybridioN 08-09-2008 08:02 AM

damn dude, glad to see you're back here posting and still are in good condition..did you go to the hospital or anything??

OT: what kind of rims were those?

AllBlackMax 08-09-2008 08:13 AM

Exactly why I won't get coilovers that don't control the rebound.

STARR 08-09-2008 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by AllBlackMax (Post 6565343)

How low was it set and how fast was he driving, I've seen many cars with rims only to have tires that look like slicks, speed and slicks will do exactly what he described

dewd 08-09-2008 11:14 AM

glad your ok though man!

Bright side is now it looks like your insur. company owes you some money, big time.:shiner:

god bless you brother. enjoy your new car shopping when ever you get the time.

Fastmax05 08-09-2008 11:52 AM

wow man glad u r ok... grab an 09 maxi..... hate to b the first to ask but ru selling the techno square .... once again gladu r ok

shawndon 08-09-2008 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Apollos2 (Post 6565155)
Awwwwww man :rotz: I'm so sorry to see that. I've always appreciated your input on our cars and liked your ride. I see you mention coilovers specifically in your post, do you think they had something to do with it? This is definitely in the top two wrecked Maxima's I've seen :eek:

On the upside, I'm glad to hear that you are going to be okay. It's really amazing that you come away with minor injuries. Is the insurance going to take care of you?

The coilovers were bouncing when I hit a dip in the highway trying to change lanes at the same time. My wheels never straightened out and I veered right hard.

Originally Posted by STARR (Post 6565307)

This and many other threads of 6th Gen Maxima owners crashing their cars, with no one else involved is slightly disturbing, my car is essentially sort of stock with the suspension setup, and never once have I not felt stable and secure behind the wheel, even on wet roads, I'm kinda perplexed to see owners who have improved their cars suspension/rims,tires and drive them daily to get into such accidents

The rebound on the coilovers is short so when you hit dips they come quick and sometimes hop. Especially our cars.
I still had some body roll to which contributed.

Originally Posted by xorbitman (Post 6565320)

Originally Posted by hybridioN (Post 6565329)
damn dude, glad to see you're back here posting and still are in good condition..did you go to the hospital or anything??

Originally Posted by STARR (Post 6565437)
How low was it set and how fast was he driving, I've seen many cars with rims only to have tires that look like slicks, speed and slicks will do exactly what he described

Originally Posted by Fastmax05 (Post 6565511)
wow man glad u r ok... grab an 09 maxi..... hate to b the first to ask but ru selling the techno square .... once again gladu r ok

shawndon 08-09-2008 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Apollos2 (Post 6565155)

The coilovers were bouncing when I hit a dip in the highway trying to change lanes at the same time. My wheels never straightened out and I veered right hard.

Originally Posted by STARR (Post 6565307)

The rebound on the coilovers is short so when you hit dips they come quick and sometimes hop. Especially our cars.
I still had some body roll to which contributed.

Originally Posted by xorbitman (Post 6565320)

I had some rain on my car but the roads looked dry but had a little wetness still. No cruise though. It happened so fast some things I still dont get about this crash.

Originally Posted by hybridioN (Post 6565329)

Yeah I had to get a tetanus shot and got the gashes on my hand treated.

The coils were adjustable. It;s the dips and bumps that get you on the road. I hit a dip right where the highway meet the overpass.

Originally Posted by STARR (Post 6565437)

I was 2.5 inches lower. tires still had tread on them but the fronts were worn way more than the reas to my surprise.

Originally Posted by Fastmax05 (Post 6565511)

TS ECU will be for sale along with a few other items after the insurance stuff is taken care of.

Lovemycar 08-09-2008 12:51 PM

bam man your lucky to be alive good luck on your new ride

ddelaud 08-09-2008 01:18 PM

good god. you must have been flying.

glad you're alright though.

dan1 08-09-2008 01:53 PM

ha i was expecting some new rims or something too

thank god your ok

Delvin 08-09-2008 08:03 PM

I'm like the others I was looking for something new to have been done to the car too. I'm glad you came out with just a few cuts and by the looks of the car it looks like the structure around the passenger compartment held up pretty good for flipping twice and landing upside down. Hope you have a speedy recovery and good luck with dealing with those insurance people they can be a PITA sometimes.

MiamiBlackMax 08-10-2008 09:26 AM

that is what i thought also...glad ur ok..good luck on the new ride

kamski 08-10-2008 10:12 AM

BUY a lotery ticket right now.

STARR 08-10-2008 05:34 PM

trunk lid looks fine, amazing cause the rest of the car looks like it took one hell of a beating:D