6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Need the Extended Warranty, but with who....???

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 07:35 AM

Need the Extended Warranty, but with who....???

Well, my Max has about 34,600 miles on her already, so the bumper to bumper warranty is about to expire soon...

I was wondering what companies and plans you guys have gone with and would recommend? What are the prices you have paid for, for pretty much bumper to bumper coverage. This Max has way too many electronic parts that could go wrong, so I would rather invest in a warranty than have to pay a boat load or cash for each thing down the road.....

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 07:43 AM

I highly doubt that the warranty will ever pay off.

Even if the time comes that you need it, I'm sure you will have quite an argument with the stealership to have them cover it...

Spend that money on good maintenance and you will be good. Keeping up with fluid changes, plugs, etc.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:36 AM

Always be aware of the mileage along with the timeframe of the warranty. You may find a 10 year warranty (exagerating) but only a 1200 mile limit..
Old 10-28-2008, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by andcolom13
Well, my Max has about 34,600 miles on her already, so the bumper to bumper warranty is about to expire soon...

I was wondering what companies and plans you guys have gone with and would recommend? What are the prices you have paid for, for pretty much bumper to bumper coverage. This Max has way too many electronic parts that could go wrong, so I would rather invest in a warranty than have to pay a boat load or cash for each thing down the road.....

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

If you want a warranty i would suggest nissan gold preferred which is what i purchased and especially if you had issues with your car during the original bumper to bumper period. I got 7yrs 100k for $2k after taxes with a $50 ded and by the way i had to get my r/side headlamp replaced due to condensation and if i had no warranty it would've cost me $897+tax and labour. But be aware of the milage when you buy it because it's the total milage on the car from the original in service date and not from the present milage.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:46 AM
KC's FINEST

DONT DO IT.

ESPECIALLY THE NISSAN GOLD.

IT'S A CROCK OF ****.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:01 PM

I bought the Platinum Warranty through Nissan that covers the drivetrain, Electrical tires and rims for 5 years and 100,000 miles. They have already paid for one of my tires that cost about $300.00 at least going through the dealership and on tires and rims I am supposed to pay a $100.00 deductible per claim and they didn't charge me anything.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:02 PM

If you go through Nissan you can get the warranty discounted just haggle with them a little we only paid $1600.00 for the Platinum and they originally wanted something like $2400.00 but my wife is a great negotiator. ;-)
Old 10-28-2008, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by cklamer
If you go through Nissan you can get the warranty discounted just haggle with them a little we only paid $1600.00 for the Platinum and they originally wanted something like $2400.00 but my wife is a great negotiator. ;-)
Did she pop both ******* out or just one?
Old 10-28-2008, 01:30 PM
KC's FINEST

Originally Posted by cklamer
I bought the Platinum Warranty through Nissan that covers the drivetrain, Electrical tires and rims for 5 years and 100,000 miles. They have already paid for one of my tires that cost about $300.00 at least going through the dealership and on tires and rims I am supposed to pay a $100.00 deductible per claim and they didn't charge me anything.
Call 1-800-NISSAN1

Tell them your VIN # and ask when your "Extended Warranty" expires...

Let me know please.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
Did she pop both ******* out or just one?

Not a boob shown.

She negotiates billion dollar contracts for Boeing.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:00 AM
Go ahead... try me

I wouldn't get a warranty at all. I have friends that work for warranty companies, and they told me before (but I didn't listen) that they train them to deny all claims that come thru for the stupidest reasons. Even when the cause is obvious and it's a cut-n-dry problem, they still have to find a way to blame it on you to deny the claim.

I'm suing my warranty company as we speak for $3,600. Even though my contract terms are very clear, I ended up having to pay $1,600 for my timing chain tensioner. They claimed it was damaged due to me having a CAI installed. How dumb is that??? It's not thru Nissan, but thru an independent company. Anywho, everyone I know have had problems with their warranty companies when it came time to file claims. I honestly think they're a waste of money and time.

IF you still wanna get a warranty... make sure you read every single damn word of the contract before you sign it or pay for it. Make sure you get one that covers wear-n-tear and breakdowns. That's just my advice. I regret the second I decided to get extended warranty. Good luck
Old 10-31-2008, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by KCmaxx
Call 1-800-NISSAN1

Tell them your VIN # and ask when your "Extended Warranty" expires...

Let me know please.
EXCELLENT IDEA!!

I just called and the rep told me that my car is covered under the Gold Preffered Plan until August 2013 or 100K miles!!! I looked on Nissan's website and I THINK this one looks like the "best" or biggest plan they offer. Am I right? Anybody have experience with this plan, issues?

If this is true and I am covered, this is awesome; this would be the SECOND time the dealer tried charge me for something they didn't even now the car ALREADY had! Bastards!

The dealer tried to charge me for remote start ($500) and I said no thanks, then I took it home, hit the lock button twice by accident and sure enough, the Max started right up, lol!!

DAMN IT!!
Just called Nissan AGAIN, I have to have the previous owner sign the transfer of the service contract to my name!!! THIS IS GAY!! I can't use the warranty for the car until the previous owner signs the transfer of warranty over to me. I bought this from the dealership, not privately!!!

Looks like its time for me to play detective and find the guy, at least I have a name.

Any suggestions?
Old 10-31-2008, 08:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

EXCELLENT IDEA!!

I just called and the rep told me that my car is covered under the Gold Preffered Plan until August 2013 or 100K miles!!! I looked on Nissan's website and I THINK this one looks like the "best" or biggest plan they offer. Am I right? Anybody have experience with this plan, issues?

If this is true and I am covered, this is awesome; this would be the SECOND time the dealer tried charge me for something they didn't even now the car ALREADY had! Bastards!

The dealer tried to charge me for remote start ($500) and I said no thanks, then I took it home, hit the lock button twice by accident and sure enough, the Max started right up, lol!!

DAMN IT!!
Just called Nissan AGAIN, I have to have the previous owner sign the transfer of the service contract to my name!!! THIS IS GAY!! I can't use the warranty for the car until the previous owner signs the transfer of warranty over to me. I bought this from the dealership, not privately!!!

Looks like its time for me to play detective and find the guy, at least I have a name.

Any suggestions?
take it back to the dealer you bought it from and ask them about the warranty. be like where are the papers for my warranty ans see what they say. from what i think that person who had the warranty must have kept the warranty papers cuz he can get refund on the remaining.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:29 AM

My .02

The 07-08 max comes with remote start? I have an 07 SL and was wondering this. I cant find anything in my manual about it though. Was it just select models??? As for the extended warranty, i wouldnt worry too much about it. If you have significant problems during the bumper to bumper time frame, then i would get one from and independent company. If you can get the warranty transferred to you free of charge, then go right ahead.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:23 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

مهااااابووووله وشلون مسوينهاااا
Old 11-01-2008, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Playa_FL
The 07-08 max comes with remote start? I have an 07 SL and was wondering this. I cant find anything in my manual about it though. Was it just select models??? As for the extended warranty, i wouldnt worry too much about it. If you have significant problems during the bumper to bumper time frame, then i would get one from and independent company. If you can get the warranty transferred to you free of charge, then go right ahead.
Yeah, mine is an 07 SL as well, but I don't think the remote start comes standard with it. The previous owner must have put it on; seems like the factory one too, still use the original intellikey remote for it. Just have to hit the lock button twice and then it starts up like two seconds later. So, I've had to get used to not hitting the lock button a couple of times after exiting the car, was a habit of mine.

Dealer tried charging me $500 for this.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:18 PM

guess i will have to go aftermarket then..............
Old 11-03-2008, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Playa_FL
guess i will have to go aftermarket then..............
good luck
Old 11-04-2008, 01:02 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by KCmaxx
DONT DO IT.

ESPECIALLY THE NISSAN GOLD.

IT'S A CROCK OF ****.
I'd have to disagree here. I've had both transmission and A/C compressor replaced under it. Total cost with labor over $4500 for both. Cost of the warranty was $860 when purchasing with the car. Not to mention that I get a rental every time I show up.

Last edited by xoomer.com; 11-04-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:04 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by al7la-f
مهااااابووووله وشلون مسوينهاااا
WTF???