6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Man Down !!! Or should I say Maxima Down =(

Old 12-09-2008, 07:13 AM

Man Down !!! Or should I say Maxima Down =(

I guess the statistic is true most accidents happen less than 10 miles from home... Long story short I was making my way to my part time job at Best Buy and I'm merging over to get in the turning lane and and out from no where comes this Toyota Highlander and hits me square on the passenger side... Come to find out she was trying to make a left turn from the nail salon which is adjacent across the flow of traffic which I was in as well as two other lanes of traffic. State Troppers arrived and needles to say less she was ticketed and the troppers said it was all her fault she should have yield to traffic. No real bad injuries... As for the car, front bumper, passenger headlight, hood, and what may be a bent axle. Is this car a total loss ???

Of cousre there are pics.... It would only be fitting.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:30 AM

it all depends.

the insurance company will look at the cost of the repair vs. the cost of your vehical.

if the cost to repair is 70%-85% near car value, they will total it. That is depending on insurance companies.

Just stay on top of both insurance companies. The other drivers insurance may say 50% is your fault because you were driving on the road... Trust me, insurance companies try everything not to pay the full amount of any accident.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:11 AM

that sucks, i'm sorry to hear that, at least you are ok though
Old 12-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Damn, pictures are all X

Glad you're OK though!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Uptown Maxima
I guess the statistic is true most accidents happen less than 10 miles from home... Long story short I was making my way to my part time job at Best Buy and I'm merging over to get in the turning lane and and out from no where comes this Toyota Highlander and hits me square on the passenger side... Come to find out she was trying to make a left turn from the nail salon which is adjacent across the flow of traffic which I was in as well as two other lanes of traffic. State Troppers arrived and needles to say less she was ticketed and the troppers said it was all her fault she should have yield to traffic. No real bad injuries... As for the car, front bumper, passenger headlight, hood, and what may be a bent axle. Is this car a total loss ???

Of cousre there are pics.... It would only be fitting.

repost the pics man we cant see dem... but yeah glad nuthing happen to u man..
Old 12-15-2008, 10:40 PM

that sucks stupid lady at least your safe did any airbag go off
Old 12-15-2008, 11:00 PM

Sucks
Old 12-17-2008, 06:58 AM

Get the insurance company to cut you a check directly and order or buy a cf hood instead of oem. FTW. Glad your okay. I try not to drive during the month of December if I don't have to. I had 3 years in a row where I was in an accident between December 3 through December 20th and none of them were my fault.