6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

R2C intake in the works!

Old 03-17-2010, 08:13 PM

I hope this ends up fitting your altimas guys, it's the best and last intake you will ever need and want!
Old 03-17-2010, 08:38 PM

If anything, maybe a 6th Genner close by will get one and you guys can try that!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:23 PM

Can this still be purchased?
Old 03-17-2010, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by dpeles1
Can this still be purchased?
Of course! Give Brian Catts of Cattman Performance a call. He's "Cattman" on the forums.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:23 AM
KC's FINEST

Originally Posted by Oolatec
If I were you I'd just buy a filter and put together your own piping and heat shield. This intake really is about the filter after all.

Funny you keep saying this...

R2C says the exact opposite.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:48 AM

They design all their intakes starting with the filter. Sure the tube looks hot, but it' all about the filter media they use. Trust me.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:53 AM

The key part of any intake system is the filter element.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:45 PM

Wow, I just got mine and it looks like a beaut. About to go install it at my buddy's garage now, will definately post up some pics and will try to post a sound clip
Old 03-18-2010, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by bmckendr
Wow, I just got mine and it looks like a beaut. About to go install it at my buddy's garage now, will definately post up some pics and will try to post a sound clip
Awesome! Congrats!
Old 03-18-2010, 05:48 PM
KC's FINEST

They design all their intakes starting with the filter. Sure the tube looks hot, but it' all about the filter media they use. Trust me.

Im just going by what the manufacturer told me personally.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:03 PM

Did you talk to sales or the engineers?
Old 03-18-2010, 06:10 PM

http://forums.maxima.org/west-coast/...xima-meet.html

monthly meets in oc
Old 03-18-2010, 09:31 PM

Wow, talk about a tight fit Was a little more of a pain in the *** to install than I thought, but that was my own fault. Had to go buy some longer tubing, but man, it looks pretty and sounds MEAN!!! Ive never had any other intake so I can't compare, but WOW. Its impressive. You can FEEL it. I promise I'll post some pics and a sound clip within the next couple days
Old 03-18-2010, 09:53 PM

Yeah the tubing was something I forgot to mention to them... I already had a longer hose from the Fujita, and it totally slipped my mind. But all systems shipping now should have an extra hose now.

Y'all can blame me for that. lol
Old 03-19-2010, 04:30 AM

R2C's site definitely pushes the filter technology for sure (good marketing). But I don't know that you could honestly say one is more important than the other. Otherwise, everyone would be running around with the stock intake and a quality filter instead of these.

On a side note, it would be nice to see an unbiased test of different filter elements. That and some actual dyno numbers from stock form to stock w/RC2 short ram. I don't think we can count Oolatec since he's not quite stock.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:23 AM

Yeah it seems like I was never stock. lol
Old 03-19-2010, 08:24 AM

Ok here's a little sound clip I tried to take running around last night. Can't see nothing,but you can hear it. Keep in mind this really doesn't do it justice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P5VLyaa1T4
Old 03-20-2010, 08:52 AM
KC's FINEST

Did you talk to sales or the engineers?

Ed.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:25 AM

Yeah he's sales... of course he's gunna talk about the pipe. lol

Great guy!
Old 03-21-2010, 12:41 PM

how much does the filter itself cost?
Old 03-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

We carry two R2C filter sizes, a large filter with a 3" neck, and the open-bottom replacement filter for JWT POPCharger intakes. Price is $65 for either. We also sell the JWT POPCharger intake with the R2C filter substituted for the standard oiled cotton (K&N-style) filter for $144.99 ($137.74 w/ max.org discount).

Brian
Old 03-21-2010, 05:25 PM

Wow! I looked at ALL 22 of your post, and damn, I have to be the 1st to say that you are one annoying lil ****er! No one in this thread is interested in your LED mirrors. Wrong discussion.

Originally Posted by ramyhabib
Hi dude, Interested in having Mirror led cover for your maxima 6th generation
I do have the solution for the first time, if we can get 24 orders, I will be ablet to get them shipped to the USA
if you want , please let me know and if you can post it , as I don't have the option ,
the mirror cover fits perfectly and has a led light turn signal , so looks cooool
email me if interested or any one interested at
ramyfhabib@yahoo.com
Old 03-22-2010, 10:01 AM
KC's FINEST

Originally Posted by ramyhabib
Hi dude, Interested in having Mirror led cover for your maxima 6th generation
I do have the solution for the first time, if we can get 24 orders, I will be ablet to get them shipped to the USA
if you want , please let me know and if you can post it , as I don't have the option ,
the mirror cover fits perfectly and has a led light turn signal , so looks cooool
email me if interested or any one interested at
ramyfhabib@yahoo.com

I sent you my mailing info, along with my bank account numbers, and social security number.

I am prepaired to send you an additional $500 US dollars to expidite my order to my country. Please give King Sunny Adé my kind reguards.

Please advise.

Last edited by KCMAXX; 03-22-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:04 PM

So it was never discovered if this would also fit the Altima 3.5 huh. Just seems that from a sales stand point....if this fit more than just one vehicle, maybe, just maybe there would be MORE sales of these. lol j/k but you all get my point
Old 02-14-2011, 12:41 PM

Sorry to bump an old thread. But I am trying to buy this intake but it is not on Cattmans website. Any idea where it can be purchased?
Old 02-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

We don't update our website, but we do sell the R2C intake. Give us a call, we'll set you up. 800.759.9920, open 9-5 MST, M-F.

Brian
Old 02-14-2011, 12:49 PM

How much?
Old 02-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Still at the original promotional price of $280 + $20 shipping, for their best black nickle-chrome finish.

Brian
Old 04-21-2011, 12:33 PM

Sorry to bump an old thread but I am debating on buying an R2C intake. My question is will I notice that much of a difference over my current Stillen intake. I have a 06 Max. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:47 PM

Ok, I will just cross-post from "elsewhere"...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's their site. I know I've mentioned them in a few other threads... but now I think it's time to start one specifically about these guys.

http://r2cperformance.com

After 2 months of back and forth... mostly me and my stupid schedule, I was finally able to take my car in today for them to do an evaluation. They removed my Fujita, and did a 3D scan of the intake area... boy that was interesting. They used some $30,000 piece of equipment hooked up to a laptop, and before long, had the whole intake section of the engine bay scanned.

So this week, and part of next, the engineers are going to be working on a new CAI (actually a short-ram with a heat shield around the filter that seals up nice to the hood... which means it will be a lot easier to clean... a lot) this week... and I'll hopefully hear from them next week after they get a working prototype put together for a test fit/drive.

I must say... these guys are huge on R&D... they design their own filters, and tubing... everything from scratch. Even the military has been using their filters in the Humvees and some tanks too. Pretty impressive stuff. And best of all, for us lowly car enthusiasts, is the cleaning of their filters... just some compressed air from inside-out, and that's it!

Their filters are the least restrictive ones I have seen... and don't require any oiling or washing. A few other 6th Genners here were at the Z meet in Evanston IL back in March... that's when I ran into these guys.

Of course, more updates... most likely next week...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dual intake for the G37 is $439 shipped with the group deal via paypal going on at:

http://myg37.com/forums/supporting-v...take-sale.html

Keep in mind, that's really for two intakes (and the metal tubing).

I'll try and get an idea as far as price for us next week. I'd guess (with a good bit of confidence) that it will come in evenly with Nismo... probably cheaper than Takeda.

Seriously guys... I have been so impressed with this company. As evidenced in the myG37.com thread, they have had some growing pains with their move to the end user mod market, but they seem to have worked out the kinks.

And some more info I guess I forgot... the tubing for our intake would be similar to that in the 350Z:

http://www.r2cperformance.com/nissan350m.html

It's some proprietary rubber/plastic mold that they came up with, which would keep the air a lot cooler than all the other CAI systems that use metal tubing. I really am quite stoked about this... I can't wait for next week to see what they have come up with! :banana:

Once the ball is rolling and design has been completed, I know they will do a group deal for us...

There's a poster over there that even put up a review... and video:

http://myg37.com/forums/intake-and-e...xflow-cai.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, I'll know more next week (I hope) when they get a prototype put together, and I go back for a test fit/run... But I just wanted to give everyone a heads up about a new intake option that's in the works for us...

man they should be paying you for the amount of effort you put into marketing for them.

good info tho. good lookin out. im still happy with my CAI and wouldn't switch for anybody UNLESS....

unless someone has the smarts to use the physics equation that matches engine displacement, flowrate, and air velocity to cubic centimeters of tubing and cone space in the CAI to produce the "suction sweet spot" in the CAI. THIS would change my mind about re-doing my CAI. its been proven in other cars via dyno results, but i dont see anyone doing this for the 6th gen maxima. They did it for the 4th gen.

Last edited by twentyeggs; 04-21-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:40 PM

Sorry to bump an old thread but I am debating on buying an R2C intake. My question is will I notice that much of a difference over my current Stillen intake. I have a 06 Max. Thanks in advance.

Anyone want to chime in on this?
Old 04-21-2011, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by twentyeggs
man they should be paying you for the amount of effort you put into marketing for them.

good info tho. good lookin out. im still happy with my CAI and wouldn't switch for anybody UNLESS....

unless someone has the smarts to use the physics equation that matches engine displacement, flowrate, and air velocity to cubic centimeters of tubing and cone space in the CAI to produce the "suction sweet spot" in the CAI. THIS would change my mind about re-doing my CAI. its been proven in other cars via dyno results, but i dont see anyone doing this for the 6th gen maxima. They did it for the 4th gen.
MY GOD! Here you are again! I have an R2C and I love it but here is your *** again having something to say about ANYTHING!!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 11:45 AM

Anyone want to chime in on this?

Anyone?
Old 04-22-2011, 11:48 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Probably not going to notice any difference, but you'll pick up a couple of ponies, maybe.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:55 AM

Ok. Thanks for the response. Do you know where I could just get the intake tube since the Stillen one did not come with one?
Old 04-22-2011, 02:31 PM

Get the whole system. It's their filter that makes these intakes so special. Highest flow rate without sacrificing filtration. Plus, they are dry filters, so cleaning them is easy. No need to oil.

Keep an eye on the 6th Gen Marketplace here to see if anyone ends up selling theirs.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:08 AM
SmokinMaxSE

Originally Posted by mvodnansky
MY GOD! Here you are again! I have an R2C and I love it but here is your *** again having something to say about ANYTHING!!!!
Better than the fujita you had? I believe you.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:19 PM

count me in if you do a group buy, donno how yall do it in here seein its against the forum rules. wats up with that?
Old 04-25-2011, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by SmokinMaxSE
Better than the fujita you had? I believe you.
LOL, Yes sir! This is so much better on every level! Oolatec really sent me in the correct direction. The fujita was fun but just not practical. It was too loud at WOT and this one has the perfect balance. Even light on the gas it has it's own light unique tone. And the filter element is clearly superior. When I got it I noticed that sure enough, Fujita as a company is gone now!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:28 AM

Get the whole system. It's their filter that makes these intakes so special. Highest flow rate without sacrificing filtration. Plus, they are dry filters, so cleaning them is easy. No need to oil.

Keep an eye on the 6th Gen Marketplace here to see if anyone ends up selling theirs.
Just picked one up on the 6th Gen Classifieds. I post if I see improvement over the Stillen Intake.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: R2C intake in the works!