Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008-48/)
-   -   Transmission issue?? Motor Mounts (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008/616684-transmission-issue-motor-mounts.html)

randman05 07-06-2010 05:39 PM

Transmission issue?? Motor Mounts

2005 SE Auto 90K miles...

Low speed between 24 and 30 mph I get a shutter that feels like driving over speed bumps you see when approaching a stop sign..the small speed bumps...

It has gotten worse over the past 1000 miles...assuming it is shifting between 2ND and 3rd I believe...

Anyone use transmission King? or one of the other Transmission places.. Are they reliable? Can they be trusted? Are there prices really better in the long run?

po8pimp 07-07-2010 12:19 AM

check your motor mounts. shutter usually is not from transmissions. You might also want to check brakes/rotors.

randman05 07-07-2010 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by po8pimp (Post 7630616)
check your motor mounts. shutter usually is not from transmissions. You might also want to check brakes/rotors.

that would be outstanding if it were just the motor mounts..I don't even want to think about having to replace a trans..

Replaced both front rotors about 7 months ago when I did a brake job, they are fine..doesn't shake or shudder when stopping...on at that one point during acceleration..

Also, when I am parked with the nose in the downhill position it does not shutter when you crank it..

po8pimp 07-07-2010 05:27 PM

check your motor mounts. there is one on the left side which is easy to see and the one on the bottom which is the front right aft of the radiator. check to make sure they are not torn apart. the one on the left when looking at the engine bay from the front of the car, has a rubber cover over it which you have to pull to the right in order to see what is going on in there.

randman05 07-07-2010 09:34 PM

Weird, so I call the shop that I normally take the cars to, and asked the guy what it would run to have one or all changed out..

He responds that if it is the "front one" it would be $90.00 for the install plus part cost...

if it were the right or left it would be like $300 for install....I'm wondering if he didn't mean to say if it were the right and left front it would be a total of $300....

I thought there was a front and rear right, and a front and rear left? is that not the case? Is this guy on crack? I know he was looking at a computer screen to get the info and all...

what is the configuration for these things?

randman05 07-07-2010 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by po8pimp (Post 7631923)
check your motor mounts. there is one on the left side which is easy to see and the one on the bottom which is the front right aft of the radiator. check to make sure they are not torn apart. the one on the left when looking at the engine bay from the front of the car, has a rubber cover over it which you have to pull to the right in order to see what is going on in there.

I'll take a look tomorrow and see if I can tell...

Thanks for the info...

Anyone know where I can see picks? Just so I know exactly what I am looking for....

Acadian 07-08-2010 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by randman05 (Post 7630226)
2005 SE Auto 90K miles...

Low speed between 24 and 30 mph I get a shutter that feels like driving over speed bumps you see when approaching a stop sign..the small speed bumps...

It has gotten worse over the past 1000 miles...assuming it is shifting between 2ND and 3rd I believe...

Anyone use transmission King? or one of the other Transmission places.. Are they reliable? Can they be trusted? Are there prices really better in the long run?

Im glade that you posted this thread becaus my 06 maxima does the same thing. I have 80 000 km on it. I never thought of the motor mounts. I tought it could of been the tranny also... Interesting!!

shabnyc 07-25-2010 08:08 PM

I dont know whats the problem or the sloution... But about the mounts ...there is 1 transmission mount and 3 Engine mounts.. _.>> there is no driver side engine mount on this car. ...which Become driver side -> transmission mount.!

p.s- cost to change front and left(passenger side)-- exactly 400 (part + labor) for transmission mount 130 (part+labor). and as for the rear i dont know.. Maybe Part + 50 labor.

pmatias03 08-03-2010 10:37 AM

i feel like i have the same tranny problem with shifting between 2nd and 3rd. Also my transmission seems to jerk when moving gears between park reverse and drive. How much would it be to do an auto tranny swap from a 6spd manual?

ifti_sit 10-04-2010 01:18 AM

hello..
i have a strange issue..dint find any specific thread for this..
when i start my car in the morning ( or after a long break lets say 3-4 hrs when the engine cools off ).my transmission jerks while shifting 1st to 2nd..I have Auto, 2004 SE. Once the temp gauge reached to the operating temp ( middle of C and H )..evrything is normal..smooth shifting..so it only happens when the engine is cold..
i changed my tranny fluid from nissan dealer 2/3 months ago..

any idea ?

po8pimp 10-04-2010 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by ifti_sit (Post 7759826)
hello..
i have a strange issue..dint find any specific thread for this..
when i start my car in the morning ( or after a long break lets say 3-4 hrs when the engine cools off ).my transmission jerks while shifting 1st to 2nd..I have Auto, 2004 SE. Once the temp gauge reached to the operating temp ( middle of C and H )..evrything is normal..smooth shifting..so it only happens when the engine is cold..
i changed my tranny fluid from nissan dealer 2/3 months ago..

any idea ?

http://forums.maxima.org/7400151-post3.html this should help