6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Gunna open up a can..

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 12:21 PM

Gunna open up a can..

alright, im gunna open a can of worms here. this is a highly debated topic, its been in many threads, but never has it been proven. its the Maxima vs. Altima thread. Which one is faster. It is common knowledge the two factors in guestimating acceleration are power:weight. the altima wins this causing one to believe it is faster. However, this has not always been the case in other makes and models. Yes there are other threads out there but THEY ARE OLD AND FULL OF MISINFORMATION AND BIAS OPINIONS. Does anyone know from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE which one has the edge? This goes for 5th 6th and 7th generations. we all know the award goes to the maxima under 5th gen.

DO NOT TELL ME THIS IS A REPEAT THREAD OR TO SEARCH GOOGLE. if you search for this question i guarantee you will not find a solid answer. i've already tried. this thread is for personal experiences on the matter.

edit: sorry for the upper case, some people don't understand English.

Last edited by twentyeggs; 04-07-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Got Retrofit?

Old 04-07-2011, 12:49 PM

Just google the 0-60 times and compare curb weights. Whats the actual point of making a thread about it? Even if someone did have a race between two completely stock ones, driver error would be a huge factor and they would be really close which makes this question basically unanswerable.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:51 PM

Did you google your question? you'll find your answer much quicker
Old 04-07-2011, 01:24 PM

I've had few "run ins" with a few Altimas (from a riced out SL to a somewhat modded SE-R, from what the owner said) and have had no trouble.

Again, I do agree with Tyutyunnik, I'd say the majority of the guys I've had run ins with have close to 0 hours on a track and driver error must have been a factor. Either way, I'd take the Max over the Altima any day, just MHO...
Old 04-07-2011, 02:15 PM

Wow I thought you were actually making a real thread, sorry you just opened up a bag of crushed potato chips.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:45 PM

Old 04-07-2011, 03:08 PM
KC's FINEST

You need to back away from the NEW THREAD button.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:14 PM
dot dot dot ...

ThreadFail
ThreadFail
ThreadFail
404 ERROR

ThreadFail
ThreadFail
ThreadFail
Old 04-07-2011, 03:18 PM
I R The Law

Old 04-07-2011, 03:49 PM

you all suck. it not like this forum has a lot going on anyways. and i already said don't tell me about a google search. there is no concrete answers out there with google. i already did that. I am interested in performance without driver error, i.e. an automatic vs automatic.

also you show me a web site that has verifiable 0-60 times of both cars that doesn't state in a disclaimer results may be incorrect. like i said before, there is no concrete evidence, so get off your high horse and contribute or **** off.

Originally Posted by the macedonian
I've had few "run ins" with a few Altimas (from a riced out SL to a somewhat modded SE-R, from what the owner said) and have had no trouble.

Again, I do agree with Tyutyunnik, I'd say the majority of the guys I've had run ins with have close to 0 hours on a track and driver error must have been a factor. Either way, I'd take the Max over the Altima any day, just MHO...

stick this one up your A$$. this is exactly the answer this thread is asking for. a max faster then the altima which your google search doesn't support. .

Last edited by NmexMAX; 04-07-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:04 PM
dot dot dot ...

Jesus Christ son, control yourself.

There are software programs out there to help you relieve driver error.

Weight, CoD, gear ratios, tires, whp, some suspension inputs.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:07 PM
KC's FINEST

Last edited by NmexMAX; 04-07-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:23 PM

Answer

I just found the answer for you. Just click it. You'll be surprised what I've gotten. Cause I found it on this forum.

Last edited by K-Ryder; 04-07-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by twentyeggs
you all suck. it not like this forum has a lot going on anyways. and i already said don't tell me about a google search. there is no concrete answers out there with google. i already did that. I am interested in performance without driver error, i.e. an automatic vs automatic.

also you show me a web site that has verifiable 0-60 times of both cars that doesn't state in a disclaimer results may be incorrect. like i said before, there is no concrete evidence, so get off your high horse and contribute or **** off.

stick this one up your A$$. this is exactly the answer this thread is asking for. a max faster then the altima which your google search doesn't support. .
Calm down man. I'm glad you decided to add a thread just to give this forum a little bit more life. Which is cool.

I don't know much about numbers or what nots when it comes to a race between the two. But, most of the time the Maxima has the advantage over an altima. From personal experience, I've raced a couple before and it was a piece of cake.

The few times that is does have the advantage is when one is modded and the other is not and if an altima is a 2.5 se which is SLOW. Also the altima se-r's have been said to be a challenge for a 6th gen to beat. But, that's as far as I know.

Last edited by 6.5affiliate; 04-07-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by KCMAXX

ooooooOOOOoooohhh im so clever. lets enter in some clip art.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by 6.5affiliate
Calm down man. I'm glad you decided to add a thread just to give this forum a little bit more life. Which is cool.

I don't know much about numbers or what nots when it comes to a race between the two. But, most of the time the Maxima has the advantage over an altima. From personal experience, I've raced a couple before and it was a piece of cake.

The few times that is does have the advantage is when one is modded and the other is not and if an altima is a 2.5 se which is SLOW. Also the altima se-r's have been said to be a challenge for a 6th gen to beat. But, that's as far as I know.
so basically your telling me, that through your personal experience, your findings are in direct dischord to all these trollers telling me to search google. yes i called you snot noses trollers. if you don't know the biased general consensus on google is power:weight = altima takes the maxima. looks like this isn't the case and this thread has some validity.

like the thread or not, im giving this forum some action (which it severely lacks). so don't go acting like all these other uninteresting topics like ebay head lights, fog rewire to parking light (whyTF would you spend time on that) brake size pads (go to autozone) head light sizes (go to autozone!!) fog light sizes (GO TO AUTOZONE) are so much more important then this one.

and then don't tell me its a waste of your time after you've come back to troll some more on me.

Last edited by NmexMAX; 04-08-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:51 PM

All I know is a 2.5 Altima couldn't even beat a 4thgen Maxima. So throw that out the box, and trash it.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:56 PM

Old 04-07-2011, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by K-Ryder
All I know is a 2.5 Altima couldn't even beat a 4thgen Maxima. So throw that out the box, and trash it.

oh yes, sorry that is a given. i am mainly referring to a 3.5 altima.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by shdwonthsun

haha awesome pic man.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:07 PM

Once again you fail to search on google
http://forums.maxima.org/6th-generat...a-se-auto.html

http://forums.maxima.org/general-max...ma-maxima.html

http://forums.maxima.org/6th-generat...07-altima.html
Old 04-07-2011, 05:09 PM

so basically your telling me, that through your personal experience, your findings are in direct dischord to all these trollers telling me to search google.
Honestly, It really depends on the year and model for both and the engine. If you are referring to a 2007 altima 3.5 v. maxima stock for stock. Then the altima would generally have the advantage in every shape and form.

Just out of curiosity...are you planning on getting an Altima soon?
Old 04-07-2011, 05:16 PM

Honestly, It really depends on the year and model for both and the engine. If you are referring to a 2007 altima 3.5 v. maxima stock for stock. Then the altima would generally have the advantage in every shape and form.

He wants to jump railroads, so he needs a faster car to handle a higher jump...
Old 04-07-2011, 05:22 PM

like i said before the first thread is over 8 years old, and the other two are based around which car is better overall not performance and even still they don't have a concrete answer... do you not know how to read, or is it the English language you don't understand in general? the last two links are good threads but not what this thread is about.

this is the last response to anyone who is here to dog the thread. if you don't like it then don't waste your time reading it. If i saw a movie trailer for rebecca black, what sense does it make to go to the theater, watch the movie, and then complain about it. i didn't open this thread for anything other then something new to talk about. and being a controversial topic it would generate a good turnout. get off your high horses seriously.

Last edited by twentyeggs; 04-07-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:32 PM

no my next car is the STI so i can jump more railroad tracks.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:44 PM

LMAO! Nice choice though, the STI is a good car. Which year you thinking of getting?
Old 04-07-2011, 05:54 PM

like i said before the first thread is over 8 years old, and the other two are based around which car is better overall not performance and even still they don't have a concrete answer... do you not know how to read, or is it the English language you don't understand in general? the last two links are good threads but not what this thread is about.

this is the last response to anyone who is here to dog the thread. if you don't like it then don't waste your time reading it. If i saw a movie trailer for rebecca black, what sense does it make to go to the theater, watch the movie, and then complain about it. i didn't open this thread for anything other then something new to talk about. and being a controversial topic it would generate a good turnout. get off your high horses seriously.
Well so far the turnout isnt that great, and since you're buying an STI what was the point in making this thread. To be a continuation of a thread to make a point of none whatsoever, its an ongoing thing, the answer will not happen due to the fact of who cares. Go back to jumping railroads because you werent paying attention to the road while driving.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:35 PM

haha im not getting an STI, after having the larger max as my daily drive i like the size too much to go smaller. I did get to drive one for a week. it was an 05 and i gotta tell you, its more fun then my vette, which is still at the shop (been 2 months now ) when i sell the max in a few years and have enough money saved i plan on getting the 2011 infinity M45 5.6L an AWESOME car.. can't wait.......... then ill jump that car over some rail road tracks and report back
Old 04-08-2011, 01:43 AM
dot dot dot ...

I'm not going to be a butthole, but ... sadly enough, the "maxima".org, does not get the attention it should WRT 6th gen (A34), BUT, http://forums.nycmaximas.org & all the other 6th gen forums have far more cred than here re: A34's go.

In the meantime, stop being mean ...
Old 04-08-2011, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
I'm not going to be a butthole, but ... sadly enough, the "maxima".org, does not get the attention it should WRT 6th gen (A34), BUT, http://forums.nycmaximas.org & all the other 6th gen forums have far more cred than here re: A34's go.

In the meantime, stop being mean ...
He wont survive NYCM at least for the 1st couple of weeks.....They'll bash him for a while. They're known for that....

My6thgen is also a respectable forum, he has to tone it down before he can join. We don't tolerate this type of behavior, he'll be banned before he even creates a thread.lol...Just saying
Old 04-08-2011, 02:23 AM

lol im already a member and i can "tone it down" people don't usually troll threads like they do here. hence the reason i dont keep things civil on this forum, theres no respect so why would i give it
Old 04-08-2011, 06:23 AM
KC's FINEST

Maxima is faster.

http://forums.maxima.org/login.php?d...73ac38d59e72fd
Old 04-08-2011, 01:38 PM

lol im already a member and i can "tone it down" people don't usually troll threads like they do here. hence the reason i dont keep things civil on this forum, theres no respect so why would i give it
Just because people dont give respect doesnt mean you have to do it. Be a leader not a follower.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:59 PM

He wants to jump railroads, so he needs a faster car to handle a higher jump...
LOL! That's very true, any slower and he becomes cracked eggs

Just because people dont give respect doesnt mean you have to do it. Be a leader not a follower.
Although I believe in standing up for oneself. That is a very true statement.

Last edited by 6.5affiliate; 04-08-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:58 PM

wise words indeed, but would it be wise to waste time attempting to lead a bunch of brick walls?

of coarse not, brick walls don't have feet.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Banned

Oh man i can't wait to intervene on this one ..All ya fukin moron ..Maxima lover .. go to hell... Just because you Moron got a maxima doesn't mean everything else is ****ty... DO you realize what kind of loser you .. yes "YOU" are??? every one is ganging up to one man?? what you all lost your *****?? wow dude's, you are so much a better member of this .org cuz insted of supporting ya all on someone ***.

LISTEN .. SUk MY D!ck !!! (those who Criticize or say ignor)

IF you come after me sure do so.. Then i will know for sure what kind of moron you are..

Maxima Is not the best car .. not even does it cosider no1. so buzz the fok off.

Morons please visit .. http://nissan.com/ or this http://www.digest.com/
Old 04-08-2011, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by shabnyc
Oh man i can't wait to intervene on this one ..All ya fukin moron ..Maxima lover .. go to hell... Just because you Moron got a maxima doesn't mean everything else is ****ty... DO you realize what kind of loser you .. yes "YOU" are??? every one is ganging up to one man?? what you all lost your *****?? wow dude's, you are so much a better member of this .org cuz insted of supporting ya all on someone ***.

LISTEN .. SUk MY D!ck !!! (those who Criticize or say ignor)

IF you come after me sure do so.. Then i will know for sure what kind of moron you are..

Maxima Is not the best car .. not even does it cosider no1. so buzz the fok off.

Morons please visit .. http://nissan.com/ or this http://www.digest.com/
41000 miles and going strong baby!!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by hero782
THIS
Old 04-09-2011, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by hero782

Quick Reply: Gunna open up a can..