6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Had some fun with LED strips, whatcha think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 10:46 PM

Looks a lot better man. All you need now is 6000k HID's and matching switchbacks and your set.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:24 PM

Looks HELLA better Andrew!! Cant wait to see what she looks like after all the progress at next months meet.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:26 PM

Much better pics. I live in CA so finding your car wont be a problem but why would i waste my time when there is nothing on your car that I would want (maybe just the door leds). You deleted the comment before i read it but talking about guns through a computer screen is not very threatening. I was giving you a heads up as my sig was obviously hinting you. I can understand why member like KCMAXX find your threads very interesting.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Ryaliu
Much better pics. I live in CA so finding your car wont be a problem but why would i waste my time when there is nothing on your car that I would want (maybe just the door leds). You deleted the comment before i read it but talking about guns through a computer screen is not very threatening. I was giving you a heads up as my sig was obviously hinting you. I can understand why member like KCMAXX find your threads very interesting.

that is one confusing *** cluster of sentences you got there. you wanna retype that cause i don't know what the heck your saying lol
Old 04-25-2011, 12:45 AM

Much better pics. I live in CA so finding your car wont be a problem but why would i waste my time when there is nothing on your car that I would want (maybe just the door leds).
are you saying that jacking stuff off my car is even an option that you would consider? seriously?
You deleted the comment before i read it but talking about guns through a computer screen is not very threatening.
aaaaare you agreeing with me?

I was giving you a heads up as my sig was obviously hinting you.
sig, as in sig sauer? and what is "hinting" me, it isn't obvious enough lol?

I can understand why member like KCMAXX find your threads very interesting.
i was under the impression he thought my threads are dull and useless wastes of space

i am extremely confused

Last edited by twentyeggs; 04-25-2011 at 12:52 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by VQ'rInWLA
Looks HELLA better Andrew!! Cant wait to see what she looks like after all the progress at next months meet.

thanks man, and you know ima be there!
Old 04-25-2011, 01:32 AM

No stealing is not an option and is against my ethics. I was trying to say I am happy with my current set up and wouldnt need anything from your car interest me. I take my comment back about those blue LED cause i rather go with pure white. You need to read carefully and stop getting all butt hurt at everyone's comments. Before i clicked submit reply on my initial post i was reconsidering the signature option but i figured you would benefit from my sig. you could of done what i've done and use paint to cover up your plate versus you removing your plate. People would be more willing to help you if you would just chill.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:40 AM

No stealing is not an option and is against my ethics. I was trying to say I am happy with my current set up and wouldnt need anything from your car interest me. I take my comment back about those blue LED cause i rather go with pure white. You need to read carefully and stop getting all butt hurt at everyone's comments. Before i clicked submit reply on my initial post i was reconsidering the signature option but i figured you would benefit from my sig. you could of done what i've done and use paint to cover up your plate versus you removing your plate. People would be more willing to help you if you would just chill.

im as cool as a cucumber, your probably like me and explain things half way because you think others should catch onto your thoughts. I just wasn't able this time, still a little confused with the signature thing, but i think i get you now.

i read very carefully, your post was very confusing. i even broke it down to make sense of it. take a step back and re-read what you posted an look at it from another vantage.

and i think white leds on the doors would look sick. you should do it. the mod was very easy, only took about 10 min per door. the led pack come with two strips for 11.95, i did 2 on each front door, and 1 on each back door.

you don't like the front led strips? what would you do different?

also do you have a pic of how you painted your plates? im interested to see what you did.

Last edited by twentyeggs; 04-25-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:44 AM
KC's FINEST

You need to get off my jock, seriously.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by KCMAXX
You need to get off my jock, seriously.

I like the door lights, good mod.

STFU!!!!!! kcmaxx, all i see is you repeatedly harassing 20eggs. YOU provoking and causing drama from a forum member is MORE annoying then 20eggs overreacting.

i like your "thread troll" post. but you need to CHILL TFO!! if you knew anything about forums they are filled with idiots like kcmaxx. don't respond to them and save us all the headach.

Last edited by revvinMAXto11; 04-25-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by revvinMAXto11

STFU!!!!!! kcmaxx, all i see is you repeatedly harassing 20eggs. YOU provoking and causing drama from a forum member is MORE annoying then 20eggs overreacting.

i like your "thread troll" post. but you need to CHILL TFO!! if you knew anything about forums they are filled with idiots like kcmaxx. don't respond to them and save us all the headach.
WTF is going on here? Who are these new guys spouting crap and being so thin skinned? How can 20eggs confuse someone saying "my sig was giving you a hint" to think he's talking about a gun? C'mon, really? This forum has devolved into a bunch of winers. KC has always had a sharp wit with his observations but they are never meanspirited and most often they are quite funny. You guys need to back away from the keyboard and think before you respond.

As to the new setup of the leds, I like the straighter look. I was thinking of buying a set of leds that were about 5.5 inches long and trying them out for ***** and giggles. Maybe they would be better if they were closer to the license plate.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by BadBlackMaxSL
WTF is going on here? Who are these new guys spouting crap and being so thin skinned? How can 20eggs confuse someone saying "my sig was giving you a hint" to think he's talking about a gun? C'mon, really? This forum has devolved into a bunch of winers. KC has always had a sharp wit with his observations but they are never meanspirited and most often they are quite funny. You guys need to back away from the keyboard and think before you respond.

As to the new setup of the leds, I like the straighter look. I was thinking of buying a set of leds that were about 5.5 inches long and trying them out for ***** and giggles. Maybe they would be better if they were closer to the license plate.

not in sync with all the forum jargon yet. i don't know what a "sig" or signature is, still... could you explain?

i was also thinking closer would be better when i first started the mod and with the sticky surface on the back of the strips i tried it out. it didn't look very good, like it was out of place. also tried wrapping them around the fenders more, same thing, its hard to visualize until you do it.

i originally bought the 6 inch leds for the front fender, but they were too small, the front has to wrap around the side a little to accommodate the side view of the head lights.

you should go for it man! i really like the look of the Maxima's head lights with the strips and i'd be cool to see more people do this mod, imo it looks better than a lot of the cars out there that come with them factory.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by revvinMAXto11

revvinMAX, thanks for the input but the childish crap is over, responses like his are to be 100% ignored from here on out. if i don't give him what he wants he'll probably get bored of trolling my threads. and if he doesn't he'll just be talking to himself. badblackmax I will give it to you, a lot of KC's remarks had me laughing more then i was irritated. but the funs over, i know you all will miss the humorous bashing <---- that's a joke
Old 04-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I ordered the LED 64 stack Ultrabrights for the DRLs and the cornering lights....I already have the blue LEDs for the License plate lights...they look great. Saw the Ultrabrights on a friends Max and it was very cool! Also you can now install an extra set of Light blue ultrabright long rectangular fogs in the 04 - 06 Max...looking at that next....
Old 04-25-2011, 10:24 PM

pics?
Old 04-28-2011, 11:18 AM

Not a fan of the Strip lights. Like someone else said leave it for Audi's the Maxima deserves better treatment. Open them *****es up and go black housing add V-LEDs Switch back turn signal LED's and tint the bumper directional lighting. Maybe even add 3000K HIDs to the inner fog lights.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

The door LEDs looks so bright i would def install these on mine but eh idk about the bumper ones
Old 02-08-2012, 11:36 PM

Hey Twentyeggs, how do you go about installing those strips?
Old 02-16-2012, 04:23 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Maxima 2004 J31. Having a problem installing LED lights along the bottom of the door. Connect a strip of LED's temporary to 'door' light to see the effect etc. Started to install more permanently and the light stopped working including the door light. The door light works OK on the passenger door.All the lights in the car work. Is there a fuse for each door light?
ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:45 AM

Oh god not this thread again...
Old 02-16-2012, 08:13 AM

You are exposing your license plate to the org. Coool!!
everybody in the world sees your license plate every day, explain to me the difference...
Old 02-16-2012, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by thewomble
Maxima 2004 J31. Having a problem installing LED lights along the bottom of the door. Connect a strip of LED's temporary to 'door' light to see the effect etc. Started to install more permanently and the light stopped working including the door light. The door light works OK on the passenger door.All the lights in the car work. Is there a fuse for each door light?
ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
I'm pretty sure your wires are crossed. did you use electrical tape when you spliced? possibly shutting the door jiggled them loose?
Old 02-16-2012, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by anomaly117
everybody in the world sees your license plate every day, explain to me the difference...
lol..... i think he's referring to the chance that i offend someone, who happens to have a friend in law enforcement, who decides to break the law, become an accessory in a crime by looking me up for personal reasons and then giving the information to a civilian, and then that civilian makes the trip to my home, and then decides to do something violent.

all i gotta say is I am a proud American US Constitution 2nd amendment exercising individual, God bless the land of the free! Yeehaw!! however, the chances of anyone from the .org falling into this string of events is incredibly rare. i'd more likely encounter a moose in a mini cooper...
Old 02-16-2012, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by twentyeggs
however, the chances of anyone from the .org falling into this string of events is incredibly rare. i'd more likely encounter a moose in a mini cooper...
this. i stopped blacking out my plate years ago, it's really not necessary.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:14 PM

and to add, my ex drives a mini cooper, so chances of running into a moose driving one are more likely than you'd expect!
Old 02-16-2012, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by anomaly117
and to add, my ex drives a mini cooper, so chances of running into a moose driving one are more likely than you'd expect!
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!