Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008-48/)
-   -   What else you think i can paint to make it look better. (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008/634023-what-else-you-think-i-can-paint-make-look-better.html)

MaxPrime 05-29-2011 05:59 PM

What else you think i can paint to make it look better.

I was bored today so i decide it to go to Michael's and get me a spray can to paint my engine cover here is how it look b4 i spray painted

http://i56.tinypic.com/2i93vyx.jpg

This is how i look after

http://i52.tinypic.com/mts2r.jpg

I know is not nothing special just like some input on what else you think i shud paint red in there somewhere :)

Kryogen 05-29-2011 06:18 PM

I would re-paint the v6 3.5 in black. Would look better. Personally im not a fan of the red paint, but its a matter of taste.

chernmax 05-29-2011 07:17 PM

What happened to your side protective covers, normally it looks nice if you do all the same color. I also think it looks good if you color match your car. :cool:

Example:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...x/IMG_8994.jpg

twentyeggs 05-29-2011 07:28 PM

i think it looks better the without any paint.

i would paint the lettering a different color, it would look better.

red looks good, but not in the much quantity.

6.5affiliate 05-29-2011 08:05 PM

Think it looks pretty good. You can also paint the calipers red cause that CAN tie it all in the whole scheme of the ride. Also, I agree with chern. You should paint the side protective covers red too, just to match everything up. Also, paint the V6 3.5 and burger silver to color match your ride so that everything flows.

MaxPrime 05-29-2011 08:57 PM

Thanks for all the info i think i want to paint the v.6 3.5 black or silver but i found it hard to do my self there is any easy way someone knows for me to do it ? #3 man that look sick i need to oder the cover i been looking for it but no luck, do you think you can tell me a place where i can oder the covers from will be nice, thanks for all the inputs i just start it so it will take time and aging thanks.

MaxPrime 05-29-2011 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by 6.5affiliate (Post 8064179)
Think it looks pretty good. You can also paint the calipers red cause that CAN tie it all in the whole scheme of the ride. Also, I agree with chern. You should paint the side protective covers red too, just to match everything up. Also, paint the V6 3.5 and burger silver to color match your ride so that everything flows.

+1

6.5affiliate 05-29-2011 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Dafedexman (Post 8064222)
Thanks for all the info i think i want to paint the v.6 3.5 black or silver but i found it hard to do my self there is any easy way someone knows for me to do it ? #3 man that look sick i need to oder the cover i been looking for it but no luck, do you think you can tell me a place where i can oder the covers from will be nice, thanks for all the inputs i just start it so it will take time and aging thanks.

You can tape it off with some painters tape. Then use some newspaper or something to cover everything else that you don't want painted and secure it with the tape to avoid over-spray. Sand (I would say 300 grit wet/dry would be fine) the v6 3.5 down to take off all the paint that you had on there. Then you can prime and paint it whatever color you want.

I'm sure your paint would've cured enough by that time to where the painter's tape won't leave any gunk/marks on the paint when you decide to paint it silver.

Kryogen 05-30-2011 03:28 AM

I would do it by hand with a small sponge roller, just roll over the letters

MaxPrime 05-31-2011 08:07 AM

Man you think tha st will work scare I will have to paint the whole thing over lol

MaxPrime 05-31-2011 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by 6.5affiliate (Post 8064263)
You can tape it off with some painters tape. Then use some newspaper or something to cover everything else that you don't want painted and secure it with the tape to avoid over-spray. Sand (I would say 300 grit wet/dry would be fine) the v6 3.5 down to take off all the paint that you had on there. Then you can prime and paint it whatever color you want.

I'm sure your paint would've cured enough by that time to where the painter's tape won't leave any gunk/marks on the paint when you decide to paint it silver.

I think I will try this for sure thanks very helpfull.

6.5affiliate 05-31-2011 08:13 PM

No problem, just make sure everything is cleaned up before applying primer and paint.

chernmax 05-31-2011 09:23 PM

Preparation of the surface is 2/3rd of the work and key to a good finish and ensures it adheres to the plastic surface. I made the mistake early on and it looked great at first until it started to crack and peel up because of the heat generated in the engine bay!

MaxPrime 06-01-2011 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by chernmax (Post 8066577)
Preparation of the surface is 2/3rd of the work and key to a good finish and ensures it adheres to the plastic surface. I made the mistake early on and it looked great at first until it started to crack and peel up because of the heat generated in the engine bay!

Yeah I think I am going to have to paint it again too and do it over cause I just clean it and spray it thast all no prime or nothing so I will see how long it last this way and do it the right way next time thanks to all.

6.5affiliate 06-02-2011 07:10 PM

Well, if you didn't sand it than you can easily take everything off with some bumper stripper. Which is safe for plastics and will save you the trouble of sanding it off.

MaxPrime 06-03-2011 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by 6.5affiliate (Post 8068631)
Well, if you didn't sand it than you can easily take everything off with some bumper stripper. Which is safe for plastics and will save you the trouble of sanding it off.

Thanks i will try that.