6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Magnaflow 14816 What you think.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 05:17 AM

Magnaflow 14816 What you think.

I am looking to get new exhaust and i am thinking about the magnaflow 14816 for my max but i will like to know is it going to sound nice stock or i have to mod it some how, i dont want the loud crazy sound want the mid size sound with some tone in it help thanks.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:07 AM
Former Sponsor

it has a deep tone to it. but they all do. i have had the 2010 cattman mufflers , and ive driven with people who have had the ebay exhaust , nismo and the magnaflows. if your the type that doesnt like cabin noise then dont get any. you can have the magnaflow tips welded on for the look as well

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magna...Q5fAccessories
Old 06-09-2011, 07:21 PM

EDIT: Seen that you already check out l3lazen's thread.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:25 AM

I think i am going to get them , but i see someone that got them but stay with stock resonators how do you do that ? and do that means is going to be all tips ? then why not just get tips right ? confuse.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:48 AM

mufflers are just mufflers... you chop off the current mufflers and you weld in the magnaflows.. you dont touch any other piping. The stock resonator is up front right after the cat and that wont be touched.

the magnaflows will give a nice tone... better than stock.. sounds really good and not loud at all. I have them.. get em
Old 06-10-2011, 07:15 AM

That's what I want it to hear thank you I will get them do you know a place to get them for cheap or what ? And how much more louder than stock? How much it cost you to be install.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:37 AM

replacing the mufflers will not do very much, will do nothing for you in terms of performace. if you want some performance you need to do catback

you need to chop off that resonator, get a high flow resonator (or none at all), get 2.75" piping, all the way back to your magnaflows. just getting the muffler swapped out is a waste of time IMO

Last edited by twentyeggs; 06-10-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:49 AM

What I need to add a resonator for ? What will that do? All I want is a brand new exhaust with some good low sound, just want the look I leave in newyork man don't need any more speed or hp just looks , so what I am going to do is good right just get the magnaflows and keep everything else stock just to make it look nice what you think.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Dafedexman
What I need to add a resonator for ? What will that do? All I want is a brand new exhaust with some good low sound, just want the look I leave in newyork man don't need any more speed or hp just looks , so what I am going to do is good right just get the magnaflows and keep everything else stock just to make it look nice what you think.
if your going for looks only then your setup is good.

if you want some sound out of it, i would get rid of the res, its very quiet with the resonator and mufflers. you wont hear the sound unless your right in back of the car
Old 06-10-2011, 10:48 AM

Man that sounds good to me lol all I want is the looks of it and the lil but of sounds a makes thanks I will be adding pics when I get the on my car cant wait , do you know what's and average price for installation?
Old 06-10-2011, 11:10 AM

it should cost must to cut and weld those on...find a couple shops and get a price
Old 06-11-2011, 07:10 AM

If your going for just looks.. the shop will simply chop off your current mufflers and weld in the magnaflows. It WILL give a slightly diff tone than the stock. You'll like it.

I got em off ebay from some shop on there... Paid I think $130 for each one.

When I did it a long time ago, shop charged me $60 to put both of them on.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by I3LAZEN
If your going for just looks.. the shop will simply chop off your current mufflers and weld in the magnaflows. It WILL give a slightly diff tone than the stock. You'll like it.

I got em off ebay from some shop on there... Paid I think $130 for each one.

When I did it a long time ago, shop charged me $60 to put both of them on.
Nice i like that word for what i am trying to do "SLIGHTLY" yeah i think i will love it man , because i dont want it to loud and add this babys will give it a 5% tone change is all i want nothing to crazy thanks i will post pics when i make it happen thanks.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dafedexman
Nice i like that word for what i am trying to do "SLIGHTLY" yeah i think i will love it man , because i dont want it to loud and add this babys will give it a 5% tone change is all i want nothing to crazy thanks i will post pics when i make it happen thanks.
Sounds like your like me and like the quiet but still a nice tone... go for it bro.. you wont regret it.

When i want to make noise.. i open my cutout lol .. then close it to go back to silence.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:37 PM

I installed this today: http://forums.maxima.org/6th-generat...ght-today.html
Old 06-11-2011, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by I3LAZEN
Sounds like your like me and like the quiet but still a nice tone... go for it bro.. you wont regret it.

When i want to make noise.. i open my cutout lol .. then close it to go back to silence.
Niceeeeee lol.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:45 AM
Former Sponsor

like i said in the pm. you should wait for the big meet in july and hear all the exhaust set-ups. ebay , greddy , magnaflows.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by twentyeggs
replacing the mufflers will not do very much, will do nothing for you in terms of performace. if you want some performance you need to do catback

you need to chop off that resonator, get a high flow resonator (or none at all), get 2.75" piping, all the way back to your magnaflows. just getting the muffler swapped out is a waste of time IMO
Why go through all that just for 2.75 pipe when factory is 2.5. If anyone is going to change the size of their pipe, it should be to 3" IMO.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by RAZ76
Why go through all that just for 2.75 pipe when factory is 2.5. If anyone is going to change the size of their pipe, it should be to 3" IMO.
Isn't factory piping 2.25"?
Old 06-12-2011, 10:40 AM

The reason i am adding new exhaust cause i want something new chrome , stock it look plain , so i didnt want to take the ones there of paint them and all that BS when i can just go by it brand new and it will look much better i seen them on some of the members here and i love the look at it.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

hey wat i did too my maxima was i took off the resonator and the cadilac converter and add two straight pipes with the stock mufflers and it makes it sound like if i had a honda civic but i add those magnaflows and it was a better sound and it will pick up alot more too.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:41 PM

Vibrant 1148s... way better than Magnaflow IMO...

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...products_id=51

Flat black... they will be way easier to clean, and you get a sleeper look too... loved mine when I had them.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:12 PM

Looks pretty good IMO
Old 06-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I've been debating getting Magnaflow mufflers as well. Can people start posting pictures of their different Magnaflow tips?
Old 06-22-2011, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by SpayceMan
I've been debating getting Magnaflow mufflers as well. Can people start posting pictures of their different Magnaflow tips?
Yeah post them cant get enough of seeing the 14816 on a car post some lol , i will be posting some my self just oder them last night and i didnt get a tracking number yet so that means i wil be waiting till next week sometime mad but at lease i oder them already feels good.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:37 PM

UPDATE:

Got it done i am sure some of you seen it already but i am just updating

Magnaflows 14816

Old 07-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Magnaflow 14816? 14807? or 14805? These are the best looking, IMO. What do you guys think?
Old 07-03-2011, 09:40 AM

Well is really up to you and what you want to ride to look like but here is all of them

Double Wall, Straight Cut
2.25" Inlet, 3.5" Diam. Tips
7" Tip Length
5" x 8" Oval Body
14" Muffler Body Length

2.25" Inlet, 4" Diam. Tips
4" Tip Length
5" x 8" Oval Body
14" Muffler Body Length

2.25" Inlet, 3.5" Diam. Tips
4" Tip Length
5" x 8" Oval Body
14" Muffler Body Length

So i will say is really up to you , i love magnaflows and i dont see
me getting anything else, so any of this will be good for our cars.

Last edited by MaxPrime; 07-03-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:45 AM

Did this mod a few years ago with the 14816. Went throught the whole process of deleting, replacing, and reinstalling the resonator. I value my peace and quiet in the car, so did my passengers. This is what it sound like minus the resonator. It sounded good but the interior noise was too loud. Replaced the stock resonator with a Magnaflow #10436. To me it was still too loud, reinstalled the cruise missile to get the silence back.

http://forums.maxima.org/6th-generat...r-10436-a.html
Old 07-03-2011, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Gollum67
Did this mod a few years ago with the 14816. Went throught the whole process of deleting, replacing, and reinstalling the resonator. I value my peace and quiet in the car, so did my passengers. This is what it sound like minus the resonator. It sounded good but the interior noise was too loud. Replaced the stock resonator with a Magnaflow #10436. To me it was still too loud, reinstalled the cruise missile to get the silence back.

http://forums.maxima.org/6th-generat...r-10436-a.html

Gollum, where the hell you been man, hope all is well.

OP, mufflers look great
Old 07-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks for the details, Dafedexman. I think I've decided on the 14805's because of their strong resemblance to the stock mufflers. Now that that's done, can anyone recommend a good shop in the Princeton, NJ area with a good reputation/price rate??
Old 07-03-2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by SpayceMan
Thanks for the details, Dafedexman. I think I've decided on the 14805's because of their strong resemblance to the stock mufflers. Now that that's done, can anyone recommend a good shop in the Princeton, NJ area with a good reputation/price rate??
NP hope you get it put in soon, come back add some pictures for us to see.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:44 PM

I just bought the 14816,does anyone have vidoes of what it sounds like with a catback?I really hope I get some hp outta them to contribute to a better track time.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:46 PM

You going to love it trust just put them on.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by MaxPrime
You going to love it trust just put them on.
Be honest, how do they sound? Are they loud? when you are crusing, do you still hear inside the cabin. I'm also thinking of getting them, but I'm afraid the noise will be to much. Don't get me wrong I like the loud sound when I give it gas.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:36 AM

I dont have nothing else but the mufflers, i can hear it in cabin but it i wil rate it from 0 to 100 i will say that the noise is 30 to 40 , the faster you go the lower it sounds for me the slower i go the louder it sounds.

Trust me when i say it sounds really good you going to love the sound if they are install right , i love mines b/c i really dont like loud noise in the cabin , i didnt change the res or nothing just mufflers.

If you change res or do anything else that i didnt do i cant tell you what it will sound like.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:00 AM

I dont have nothing else but the mufflers, i can hear it in cabin but it i wil rate it from 0 to 100 i will say that the noise is 30 to 40 , the faster you go the lower it sounds for me the slower i go the louder it sounds.

Trust me when i say it sounds really good you going to love the sound if they are install right , i love mines b/c i really dont like loud noise in the cabin , i didnt change the res or nothing just mufflers.

If you change res or do anything else that i didnt do i cant tell you what it will sound like.
Thanks.
Where did you get yours?
Old 10-30-2011, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by scrui
Thanks.
Where did you get yours?
I got mines from a member that was selling it brand new couple of months back , he crash his car so he got a 2010 and he sold the flows to me and the tails but like i said bro id you change y pips and other things i dont know how it will sound for you i dont have nothing on my car but the flows everything else is stock and i love it.

You should try it that way first and if you wnant it deeper then you take something else out like y pipes or res how ever you want to do it , i wont never take out res cause it have a nice tone already if you take that beast out the car will sound really loud , you can also get a CAI for some sexy sound is my sext mod a Takeda CAI and short Ram
Old 10-30-2011, 07:37 AM

I got mines from a member that was selling it brand new couple of months back , he crash his car so he got a 2010 and he sold the flows to me and the tails but like i said bro id you change y pips and other things i dont know how it will sound for you i dont have nothing on my car but the flows everything else is stock and i love it.

You should try it that way first and if you wnant it deeper then you take something else out like y pipes or res how ever you want to do it , i wont never take out res cause it have a nice tone already if you take that beast out the car will sound really loud , you can also get a CAI for some sexy sound is my sext mod a Takeda CAI and short Ram
nah, I just want the mufflers too. not interested in changing everything. If it aint broken why fix it. When the rest of the exaust system needs to be changed then I'll consider changing those parts for something more stylish.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by scrui
nah, I just want the mufflers too. not interested in changing everything. If it aint broken why fix it. When the rest of the exaust system needs to be changed then I'll consider changing those parts for something more stylish.
Cool same here f you going to have it just like me then you going to love it trust me bro you will hear the light tone and say man Prime was right

Quick Reply: Magnaflow 14816 What you think.