Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008-48/)
-   -   Noise!? (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008/640634-noise.html)

cheese20323 10-12-2011 07:52 PM

Noise!?

So i get this noise at like 1k rpm's. I ve been researching and this has to do something with motor mounts? I just changed them and i got w/ sensors. Supposedly they stiffen up at 1k+ rpms but that not logical?

twentyeggs 10-12-2011 08:26 PM

your motor mounts shouldn't be making any noise.

what kinda noise is it?

Rods03Max619 10-12-2011 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by twentyeggs (Post 8233756)
your motor mounts shouldn't be making any noise.

what kinda noise is it?

:sprint:And is that Cali plates I see....:D

cheese20323 10-12-2011 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Rods03Max619 (Post 8233763)
:sprint:And is that Cali plates I see....:D

Yeah SoCal and the noise is more like a 1 sec squeak at first i thought it was when i changed gears but now it does it once it hits 1krpms then it stops and once you go lower than 1k rpms it does it again. Its like this squeal it sounds kind of low but is still noticeable if you pay attention. Car is an AUTO. Ill try to get a vid tomm

twentyeggs 10-12-2011 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by cheese20323 (Post 8233770)
Yeah SoCal and the noise is more like a 1 sec squeak at first i thought it was when i changed gears but now it does it once it hits 1krpms then it stops and once you go lower than 1k rpms it does it again. Its like this squeal it sounds kind of low but is still noticeable if you pay attention. Car is an AUTO. Ill try to get a vid tomm

hm.. so you are positive that it is in relation to your rpm speeds, and not the weight shifting around when you accelerate/decelerate with the throttle?

if its a split second squeek noise once in a while, then it more likely IS a structural noise (like motor mounts) rather than mechanical problem.

i wouldn't limit this noise to motormounts tho. there are many more things that could cause this.

First i would isolate the causative factors. can you replicate this noise in neutral around the same RPM speeds? can you replicate this noise by easing on the throttle to the specified RPM minimizing the engine rock? does the tone or frequency change the harder you accelerate to the specified RPM. if it is your motormounts, you should be able to slightly alter the quality of nose based on how hard you accelerate and cause the engine to rock... i got more to say but i have coursework to finish and i've procrastinated long enough lol, ill wait till you post the video.

cheese20323 10-12-2011 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by twentyeggs (Post 8233820)
hm.. so you are positive that it is in relation to your rpm speeds, and not the weight shifting around when you accelerate/decelerate with the throttle?

if its a split second squeek noise once in a while, then it more likely IS a structural noise (like motor mounts) rather than mechanical problem.

i wouldn't limit this noise to motormounts tho. there are many more things that could cause this.

First i would isolate the causative factors. can you replicate this noise in neutral around the same RPM speeds? can you replicate this noise by easing on the throttle to the specified RPM minimizing the engine rock? does the tone or frequency change the harder you accelerate to the specified RPM. if it is your motormounts, you should be able to slightly alter the quality of nose based on how hard you accelerate and cause the engine to rock... i got more to say but i have coursework to finish and i've procrastinated long enough lol, ill wait till you post the video.

Motor mounts just got put on a week ago. It is a second squeak it does it all the time tho. when at 1k rpm

joecurr 10-13-2011 09:43 AM

Is it a squeal or a chirp? Are you sure it's not everytime you step on the gas and open the throttle, even in park?

cheese20323 10-13-2011 07:44 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OixEux6kqBA

tweets04 10-14-2011 08:49 AM

Could it be a pully or a tensioner on the way out? What side of the car does it come from?

cheese20323 10-14-2011 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by tweets04 (Post 8235373)
Could it be a pully or a tensioner on the way out? What side of the car does it come from?

It comes from the right side...hmm that actually sounds like a good guess im missing a splash guard so water may have gone up there but another thing is i just got the serpentine belts changed too.

Goliath27 10-14-2011 03:34 PM

Is it a squeel? I have a pulley squeel when I hit the gas but only when I really hit it, well over 2k

hillstead22 10-14-2011 03:46 PM

I swear i'm hearing the same thing, I'm gonna try and record the noise.

cheese20323 07-16-2012 07:05 PM

I'm still bothered from this noise and my car doesn't have any problems, it only does it at 1k rpms. Its starting to get annoying, and it just bothers me doesn't sound like a bad noise but doesn't sound normal either?