6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Faithfull Maxima owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 10:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Faithfull Maxima owner

After so many years of being a faithful Maxima owner. I decided not to wait for the 8th Gen. So today I ordered a brand new G37 X S sports coupe in Red (Auto w/ paddle shifters.). So in a couple of weeks I should get a notirce that the car has arrived at the dealship. I got a 4 year lease with 0% interest and a great deal up here in Montreal! So I will be placing my 05 Maxima and it's upgrades and aftermarket stuff up for sale in my local kijiji. I will post the list of mods too.

I would like to thank all the Max owners here that have helped me over the years! So here it is a big THANK YOU! I will keep my membership here and post pictures of my new ride and offer help whenever I can. I wish everyone here happy motoring!

Cheers!

Last edited by xorbitman; 06-20-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:26 AM
KC's FINEST

:wave:
Old 06-21-2012, 04:26 AM
KC's FINEST

Good move. I don't regret selling mine.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:55 PM

I'm gonna miss her though...she was very dependable and faithful.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:56 AM

take care and is it really a 8th gen coming? If so does anyone know when?
Old 07-03-2012, 08:26 AM

sweet ride! I wanted exactly the same thing. I was going to twin turbo, and pull out all the performance stops, except i discovered the lexus is-f, and discovered that for 40k i could buy a used car that when boosted can knock the socks off a corvette. so that will be my next car but i gotta wait 2 years cause my wife needs a new car first.. =[ i wish i could just give her my max, that way it will stick around but she says my max is too scary... something about too fast too furious

I have yet to test drive the G37 what are some thing you like about it, could you give a little compare and contrast next to the maxima? very interested in this car and i've done a lot of research on it being a good performance platform worth building on. unlike the maxima, the g37 can get supercar fast for about the same money as churn put in his turbo max.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:50 PM

So here are a few pics of the new ride!

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by xorbitman; 07-15-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:55 PM

Name:  DSC04596.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  38.6 KB
Old 07-15-2012, 02:00 PM

Name:  DSC04561.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  53.7 KB
Old 07-15-2012, 02:01 PM

Name:  DSC04577.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  74.1 KB
Old 07-15-2012, 02:06 PM

She is fun to drive! We call her "Crazy Red Fireball"! Or Fireball for short!
I will still keep in touch with everyone here. I find that the G37 Forums are not as active and involved as the Maxima.org forum. We try and help each other as much as possible. The friends that I have made here I still stay in touch and the guys selling the parts like the spacers and LEDs, I'm very grateful, you all helped make my ride special! Thank you!
Old 07-15-2012, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by blakedanatural
take care and is it really a 8th gen coming? If so does anyone know when?
8th gen pictures are already floating around the net. I am pretty sure it will be this year with the new line up.They can't keep the same 7th gen because it will look almost identical to the new altima coming out.

good luck with the G37, it is a beautiful car and pretty fast as well.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:24 PM

Thanks! The car is awesome. Comfortable yet sporty and very fast. I heard that the next G will have a twin turbo option...possibly with a slightly watered down version of the GTR engine. That might be too crazy and fast!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by twentyeggs
sweet ride! I wanted exactly the same thing. I was going to twin turbo, and pull out all the performance stops, except i discovered the lexus is-f, and discovered that for 40k i could buy a used car that when boosted can knock the socks off a corvette. so that will be my next car but i gotta wait 2 years cause my wife needs a new car first.. =[ i wish i could just give her my max, that way it will stick around but she says my max is too scary... something about too fast too furious

I have yet to test drive the G37 what are some thing you like about it, could you give a little compare and contrast next to the maxima? very interested in this car and i've done a lot of research on it being a good performance platform worth building on. unlike the maxima, the g37 can get supercar fast for about the same money as churn put in his turbo max.
That's freakin funny...my wife says the same thing about my Maxima too. I'm really surprised...she says it's too scary, too fast too! LOL ROFL! My Max has been for sale now on both Kijiji and Autotrader here in Montreal in both French and English (4 sites), I've also put it up on 3 bulletin boards: 2 local food stores and at my wife's work. I had it highlighted on the 2 sites in French which I paid for 2 times for a total of $65 so far and not one single phone call. Which is really astonishing considering how clean I've kept her. She's in excellent shape physically and mechanically. Not even a spec of rust! I had added the extended warranty which expired last year and the dealership is very friendly to me because I have referred a few good customers over the years and have been loyal to their garage for maintenance. They replaced everything that needed or could need repairs under warranty except for the stock headers which I got a pretty good deal on anyway. The transmission was replaced at 110K kms and the car now has 186K kms or about 112K miles. So the transmission only has about 45K miles on her! I mean the interior is always kept clean. 2 sets of carpets and winter rubber floor mats, (no salt stains) Armorall, etc. The body is always waxed and polished every spring. The mags were polished this spring and the chrome custom grille was just polished and painted late last year. I only put 15k Kms since last summer. 5 custom wheels (Konig/ full-size spare; plus 4 winters on seperate rims! The list of extras and mods on this Maxima are too numerous to list. Even LEDS inside and out...including switchbacks which I managed to find and have shipped to Montreal from Texas. It is just so frustrating....not a single f-ing phone call in 5 weeks! Unreal! I even leave the car in a shopping mall parking lot during the day facing an exit from our major highway to the street next to the mall protected by a liquor store! If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears!

Last edited by xorbitman; 07-31-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:14 PM

Crazy Red Fireball...the last three letters of my plates is her name....I wrote a whole paragraph on how amazing this car is compared to the competition and just before I was about to post it...poof it disappeared. Stock the G37XS will do the 0 - 60 in under 5 secs. The AWD system which is biased as a RWD progessive applies torque to the fronts as the car looses grip from the line. The system is as good as an Audi S4 or S5. Better than Subaru in the WRX STI, better than the BMW 3X series. The worst is the Mercedes 4matic. I don't like the Cadillac CTS 4 so...Audi and Infiniti have the best interiors in the business. BMW is austere and Lexus is a bit too simple. Mercedes C class coupe has a very plain interior IMHO. The stock 19" Enkei wheels are very beautiful and up there among the nicest stock wheels from any manufacturer. Why anyone would want to replace them with aftermarket wheels is just stupid. The car stock is under-rated also IMHO at 330 HP 270 TQ. Adding a CAI from Takeda, a decent Cat back, spacers and Uprev Osiris retune some members are getting close to 400 HP! The 0 - 60 times of the modded Gs are around 4.7 secs with 1/4 times in under 13.9 secs @ over 100 MPH. The closest competitors are not the big 3 US...like the Mustang, Camaro or Challenger. More like the BMW 3 series or Audi S5. However as I said the AWD is comparable to the Audi. Maybe it's not as fast as the muscle cars but it is very stylish. I got a great deal from Infiniti and the dealer. I used my dealer points converted to $ and got the year end incentive from Infiniti and 0 % interest! The Audi S4 or A5 is much more expensive especially in Canada. Decent gas mileage as long as you don't push it and the sound system in the car is amazing! Much improved from what I understand from previous years! Still Bose but very refinded. The menu system is easy to use and the voice recognition is the best I've seen so far. The Lexus Voice Recognition is a joke in the IS and ES. Don't know about the rest. I feel like a celebrity every time I go for a drive and again I emphasize style. Infiniti has a classic on their hands. Even the older G35s are nice too. Some 2008s modded out there are very pretty. Just google image them. The VW R32 is one awesome car too. Over here in North America...this car is yet undiscovered. Much better than you can imagine and they are in short supply..only a hundred for all of USA and Canada per year....worth checking out yet. However a guy my age (over 50) would look weird stepping in and out of one....The AWD system in the G37 does torque vectoring to eliminate under and over-steer and the car handles amazing. Can't wait to put on 245/40ZRs front and 275/40ZRs rear! Adding the same stuff I have on the MAX and watch her pull. The 7 speed automatic with paddle shifters is fun to drive too. Didn't think it would be as fun as standard but it is....very F1! I personally think that the closest competitor to this car is the Porsche Carerra 4S except for 2 things...the Porsche is almost 2x the price and the sound of the G is awesome! So there you have it....my 5 cent tour and my dog and poney show! Now go to the dealers and test drive one yourselves! But don't blame me if you're tempted after you try it! LOL!

Last edited by xorbitman; 07-31-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by xorbitman
That's freakin funny...my wife says the same thing about my Maxima too. I'm really surprised...she says it's too scary, too fast too! LOL ROFL! My Max has been for sale now on both Kijiji and Autotrader here in Montreal in both French and English (4 sites), I've also put it up on 3 bulletin boards: 2 local food stores and at my wife's work. I had it highlighted on the 2 sites in French which I paid for 2 times for a total of $65 so far and not one single phone call. Which is really astonishing considering how clean I've kept her. She's in excellent shape physically and mechanically. Not even a spec of rust! I had added the extended warranty which expired last year and the dealership is very friendly to me because I have referred a few good customers over the years and have been loyal to their garage for maintenance. They replaced everything that needed or could need repairs under warranty except for the stock headers which I got a pretty good deal on anyway. The transmission was replaced at 110K kms and the car now has 186K kms or about 112K miles. So the transmission only has about 45K miles on her! I mean the interior is always kept clean. 2 sets of carpets and winter rubber floor mats, (no salt stains) Armorall, etc. The body is always waxed and polished every spring. The mags were polished this spring and the chrome custom grille was just polished and painted late last year. I only put 15k Kms since last summer. 5 custom wheels (Konig/ full-size spare; plus 4 winters on seperate rims! The list of extras and mods on this Maxima are too numerous to list. Even LEDS inside and out...including switchbacks which I managed to find and have shipped to Montreal from Texas. It is just so frustrating....not a single f-ing phone call in 5 weeks! Unreal! I even leave the car in a shopping mall parking lot during the day facing an exit from our major highway to the street next to the mall protected by a liquor store! If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears!
dude, Craigslist... people swarm Craigslist when looking for cars. Also check out www.cars.com Cars.com is where i found my Maxima.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:00 AM

Thanks....I will try Craigslist here in Montreal....Cars.com is for USA only....we have the same thing here it's call autotrader.ca....and I'm listed in there in both English and French. Thank you again for you help...