6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Smittybizzle build

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 03:45 AM

A little has changed with, so far I have done the timing chain job on her, picked up the 6.5 spoiler, added wheels, and painted a few parts here and there.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:06 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nice job beautiful car bro
Old 06-28-2017, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Bmax603
Nice job beautiful car bro
Thanks bro she is getting there, welcome to the site.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:35 AM

Hi guys,

Quick update on the Mistress as I like to call her. I installed new cam sensors due to bank 1 going bad, found a Fujita cold air intake for 11 bucks (yes 11 lol), and lastly replaced my fried alternator. After doing the timing job I was still hearing a whine from the engine bay turns out if was my failing alternator. A quick trip trip to the junkyard and 36 bucks later I found a OEM alternator and a bunch on little bolts etc. The power on the car feels a little more spread out vs the short ram. Happy with the car thus far, all of the hard work in paying off.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:09 PM

Well guys I'm still chugging away at the car trying to fix the millions little issues. Took the front end apart today, my plans are to paint and slightly mod the headlights, possibly get a sti lip, and a few other things. Still just playing with colors for the engine cover....

Old 07-17-2017, 08:22 PM

I got a few parts in today, so I turn my attention to the headlights. Got one started so to say, taken apart, painted housing and fitted my angel eye. I have to say I was impressed with the brightness of this little thing. More updates to come. Lip still isn't in. I plan to fit it first then paint it black along with the fog light covers.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:17 PM

Hi guys,
Not that anyone reads this stuff but Sti lip is on.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:16 PM

Hi guys,
I got a few things done on the car. Installed my hub centric spacers, rear wheel 5mm spacers, and adjusted one of my tranny solenoids "I should have done this a long time ago". I also painted the valve body cover to spruce things up unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of it. Two of the valve cover bolt got stripped earlier this year so it was a royal pain getting those two out. I also partially wired up my big 3, I have to find a place to somewhat hide the stock battery wiring (I still have more 0 gauge left...).

Drove the car today and man it was really smooth, it hasn't driven this good in some time. As the day progressed I got put into limp mode, I'm pretty sure its the cam sensors, I have to get a better brand.

Future things I plan on doing is taking off the oil catch can and finding one with better quality, search for some coil overs, and hopefully just drive the car issues free...

Old 08-03-2017, 08:58 PM

What's up guys. I got two OEM cam sensors for the car a few days ago now everything is all good. Finally got a chance to drive her to work and it was great to be back in the car to say the least. With the big three upgrade the sound from my audio setup is much cleaner in addition the car just feels a little better, even the windows go up a little faster lol.

I saved a great deal of money by going to my local junkyard for parts. Most of the time I get lucky, but the main thing is if your yard has a website with inventory listed is to check often. I got lucky today and scored a rear bumper which I have been hunting for the last few months for a whopping 50 bucks, a little polish and it turned out to be a excellent investment. While there I also got two more cam sensors as these tend to go bad with age.

Not sure if I mentioned this here but my plan this time for the car was to tackle all the maintenance first then mod the car. Things I have planned is to install my new rear sway bar end links, adjust my rear camber, and a few small things. When I started the year my list of to do was huge, if you have lots of things to do to your cars just start small and take your time.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:44 PM

Back again lol. Think I finally found the culprit that was causing the cam sensor code, my cam sensor harness connector isn't locking properly. I drove the car earlier a little spirited the end result was limp mode lol. I gonna go grab a both harnesses just in case tomorrow. The sound system is in great shape as well, charging at right around 13.9 volts.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:36 PM

Well she's still down. Things I have fixed rewired and installed new fog lights (one ballast fell off driving FML), replaced bank one cam sensor, replaced high pressure power steering line. During my catback install I broke bank 1 cat smh. Anyway here a few pictures... Still have wrap the roof (my wrap came in a few weeks ago, break one more bolts free from the manifold, and just drive the car hopefully.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:52 PM

Hi guys,
I'm a little late but happy new year. I have a few smalls things I want to do this year with the car such as coils. I hate the way the car sits on lowering springs plus it's time for a new shocks and struts.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:05 AM

Nice car bro. It's coming out nice. The lip sure looks good. This year, I am trying to find a used rear bumper for mine and better projectors to replace my halogen ones. 6gen. That's if anything important doesn't decide to mess up, lol. BTW, did you have lowering springs when you had stock rims? if so, how was the ride?
Old 01-23-2018, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by follyburr
Nice car bro. It's coming out nice. The lip sure looks good. This year, I am trying to find a used rear bumper for mine and better projectors to replace my halogen ones. 6gen. That's if anything important doesn't decide to mess up, lol. BTW, did you have lowering springs when you had stock rims? if so, how was the ride?
If you have a junkyard that you can pull parts go there that's where I got most of my parts this year. The rear bumper, rear spoiler, and multiple other small parts. The ride on lowering springs isn't too bad, you just feel the road a little more, I also installed a front strut brace bar when I did the lowering springs back in 2012. All you need to swap factory HID into your housing is the E55 projector, stock ballast, and stock ignitor (part that plugs into the HID bulb).
Old 01-31-2018, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by smittybizzle
If you have a junkyard that you can pull parts go there that's where I got most of my parts this year. The rear bumper, rear spoiler, and multiple other small parts. The ride on lowering springs isn't too bad, you just feel the road a little more, I also installed a front strut brace bar when I did the lowering springs back in 2012. All you need to swap factory HID into your housing is the E55 projector, stock ballast, and stock ignitor (part that plugs into the HID bulb).
Do you think lowering springs would "worsen" the ride in mine? my 06 has 208k miles and the springs are probably the original ones. I did have the struts/shocks replaced on all four w/ kyb, about 15-18k miles ago. The rear sits well but the front is still pretty high, like many stock maximas.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:36 AM

You will feel the road more, like bumps etc. it's a decent ride.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:20 PM

Hi guys. started working on the car again installing a few parts. My right rear caliper seized so I got new rotors and a caliper, still have to paint the caliper before install. This misfortune will give me a chance to bleed the brake system. Got a set of Truhart coil overs as well, still adjusting the height though, I wanna go a little lower in the front (front 1/2) and back (3/4in). Painted the wheels as you can see, the color is growing on me....

Old 03-01-2018, 01:02 PM

thanks man
Old 03-03-2018, 09:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

It looks good dude don't stop with the updates!
Old 03-06-2018, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by boosted___
It looks good dude don't stop with the updates!
Thanks bro, I will keep them coming.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:13 PM

Hey what's up guys. Car rides decent on the truhart coil overs. I do need to adjust the rear height one more time. The front is a good height but I would love to go lower. The oil catch can is paying off, my oil level doesn't fluctuate as much too. Upcoming things I have to do is alignment, rebuild a spare OEM axle (aftermarket vibrates to much for me), and just save for a paint job. Enjoy the car, I do lol.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:23 PM

Went a little lower. Nothing new as of yet except regular maintenance. I have a few projects planned such as 350z brembo brakes and new headlights. Stay tuned.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

That lip.

Bro lemme get that sti lip! Haha. Any retrofitting to get her on there?
Old 05-18-2018, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Myrrors
Bro lemme get that sti lip! Haha. Any retrofitting to get her on there?
Just a little to the sti lip mounts, easy work, go for it.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by smittybizzle
Just a little to the sti lip mounts, easy work, go for it.
what year STI? 06-07?