Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008-48/)
-   -   Is it me or is every other car on here look alike??? (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008/660769-me-every-other-car-here-look-alike.html)

mrjasonlyrics 01-21-2013 08:43 AM

Is it me or is every other car on here look alike???

Wassup everybody. Winter time now so not much can be done and I've been watching and reading threads and comments and I couldn't help but notice everyone's doing the same thing. I've done quite a bit to my car but I still feel like something is missing. I did the Satin Black 2-tone with a GT-R bodykit, 22's with a lowered suspension, bolt-on performance mods but I still feel like I haven't made my car as unique as possible

I thought by making what I probably one of few daily driven, winter driven, show and race car would make it unique but something I still missing. So I've came up with something that would probably make my car one of the most unique 6thgen's out there. It's like 20 below 0 right now so I have some time to gather up some stuff for spring.

Plan to:
Get a tuning system for my car
Change the ................"top secret"
Paint my 18" Phat Fux rims black
Remove those lambo doors hinges
Re-seal my headlights with Butyl sealant

What do you all think I can do to add to my list?

L36 01-21-2013 09:36 AM

Go F/I

joecurr 01-21-2013 12:42 PM

No it's not just you, most of the Maximas look similar to each other. It seems people tend to stay in the comfort zone...

mrjasonlyrics 01-21-2013 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by joecurr (Post 8711154)
No it's not just you, most of the Maximas look similar to each other. It seems people tend to stay in the comfort zone...

:drool1:

I seen your car a few times and it stands out. The lowering on that whip is insane. But yeah man, I plan to stand out

hero782 01-21-2013 02:09 PM

There aren't too many people that modify there 6thgen, most people keep it simple and do the basics, wheels, drop, and plastidip. To each there own, if they there happy it's all good. Most people who are really into modding will sell there car and get something else ie 350/370, G35/G37. That's one reason I like my Maxima, not too many out there modded and easy to stand out.

mrjasonlyrics 01-21-2013 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by hero782 (Post 8711220)
There aren't too many people that modify there 6thgen, most people keep it simple and do the basics, wheels, drop, and plastidip. To each there own, if they there happy it's all good. Most people who are really into modding will sell there car and get something else ie 350/370, G35/G37. That's one reason I like my Maxima, not too many out there modded and easy to stand out.

I feel you hero782. There's a few guys who stand out and made their car there own and cannot be duplicated including yourself. I love and enjoy my car but as you told me a couple months ago "I'm addicted to modding" LOL.

6thgen4aiden 01-21-2013 03:43 PM

i def agree with you guys, i wish there was a little more independence and not so many people here worried about others opinion!

dee.signs 01-24-2013 09:37 AM

well check out ninjamax's car.....hes over on my6thgen....

mrjasonlyrics 01-24-2013 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by dee.signs (Post 8713428)
well check out ninjamax's car.....hes over on my6thgen....

I know ninjamax. Went for a stroll with him once at a Nissan cruise and he has the 05 max with the bodykit and wing.

VisciousMo 01-24-2013 11:36 AM

We also drive nissan maxima's. Not much aftermarket support.

pitmax31 01-24-2013 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by VisciousMo (Post 8713490)

Agreed. It sux, if you look at the Volkswagen GTI for example, huge aftermarket support for it. The Maxima in theory should have a huge aftermarket support system but it doesn't not sure why. Especially since Nissan engines respond to modifications very very well and add power quickly. DC Sport had a issue out a few months back with there best all time engines. Nissan had a few engines in that issue. The VQ series motors since their introduction have been winning awards. I believe the lack of aftermarket support is most noticeable for the 6th gen.

mrjasonlyrics 01-25-2013 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by VisciousMo (Post 8713490)

I think there's a lot of aftermarket parts available for maxima's, I just think everyone is worried about what others might say.

Originally Posted by pitmax31 (Post 8713838)
Agreed. It sux, if you look at the Volkswagen GTI for example, huge aftermarket support for it. The Maxima in theory should have a huge aftermarket support system but it doesn't not sure why. Especially since Nissan engines respond to modifications very very well and add power quickly. DC Sport had a issue out a few months back with there best all time engines. Nissan had a few engines in that issue. The VQ series motors since their introduction have been winning awards. I believe the lack of aftermarket support is most noticeable for the 6th gen.

You might be right but I think the 5then has a crazy list of aftermarket parts. The thing is with me is I never blend in so to some my car is rice. The average org member just lowers their cars on OEM infiniti or or Z rims which is fine but it looks like every other car. IMO I think there's just too much bullying going on so guys are just sticking to the basics, not me. I take pride in what I create so I intend to make my car different...:D

dstruc 01-25-2013 01:43 PM

every black maxima looks the same.

smittybizzle 01-26-2013 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by dstruc (Post 8714327)
every black maxima looks the same.

Very true my neighbor has a stock one and mine still looks stock smh .