6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2007 Maxima Springs and shocks

Old 01-28-2017, 08:13 PM

2007 Maxima Springs and shocks

im looking to purchase shocks and Springs for my 07 Maxima. I was thinking about going with eibach and the kyb but as I read of threads I saw progressive are great also. The only problem is. They only fit the 04-06 Maxima.

Im sick of that big wheel gap in the front. Can someone help me out with these Springs and shocks? I'm looking for a comfortable drive, but I also want my car to look even & not have that nasty look that almost every Maxima has.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:06 PM
Jho
Newbie - Just Registered

2004-2008 all have the same struts and springs. Not much difference in them. I just got the tein springs and put them on and I love them. The drop is perfect and the ride is just like factory even with my 19" maxima wheels on it. I'll try and post a pic for you. I considered the others too and after doing research I went with the tein s-tech and haven't looked back. Hope this helps man. I got a pic on there so check it out. By the way mine is an 08 and the 04-08 shocks worked just fine for me

Last edited by Jho; 01-28-2017 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jho
2004-2008 all have the same struts and springs. Not much difference in them. I just got the tein springs and put them on and I love them. The drop is perfect and the ride is just like factory even with my 19" maxima wheels on it. I'll try and post a pic for you. I considered the others too and after doing research I went with the tein s-tech and haven't looked back. Hope this helps man. I got a pic on there so check it out. By the way mine is an 08 and the 04-08 shocks worked just fine for me

i need to replace my shocks, my front passsenger side is going & im sure I'll have to replace pretty soon. So I'm just going to replace all 4. I'll look into the teins. I like the drop it gave your max. The progressive Springs don't fit that 07 Maxima. So I think those might be out the picture.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:50 AM
Jho
Newbie - Just Registered

Okay I got you I don't know much about progressive other than I heard they ride pretty rough. I bought the tein's on amazon for $220 with free shipping and they work really good with stock style shocks/struts. I was more worried about the ride and not being to low. I would recommend the s-tech tein to anyone. The eibach are good too but ride rougher and a little more drop in the front almost to low for me and the are a lot more expensive. I don't like the raked look of the front being a lot lower than the rear I wanted an even drop. Hope this helps man let me know which direction you go I'd like to see some pics.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Jho
Okay I got you I don't know much about progressive other than I heard they ride pretty rough. I bought the tein's on amazon for $220 with free shipping and they work really good with stock style shocks/struts. I was more worried about the ride and not being to low. I would recommend the s-tech tein to anyone. The eibach are good too but ride rougher and a little more drop in the front almost to low for me and the are a lot more expensive. I don't like the raked look of the front being a lot lower than the rear I wanted an even drop. Hope this helps man let me know which direction you go I'd like to see some pics.
For sure!! Will be updating! And will post before and after photos. Really appreciate your help. I have the same rims as you but they're 18. Also do you feel your ride rough? Meaning when you hit pot holes or bumps?
Old 01-29-2017, 11:02 AM
Jho
Newbie - Just Registered

That's what I was scared of is a rough ride but researched and the tein springs had the best reviews for ride quality. I didn't loose any ride with the drop, I was pretty surprised. It does handle better and not roll during curves anymore which I like. It has the best of both worlds as far as all that. With my 19" wheels and 40 series tires potholes and bumps aren't bad at all. I guess the stock shocks help that out too.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jho
That's what I was scared of is a rough ride but researched and the tein springs had the best reviews for ride quality. I didn't loose any ride with the drop, I was pretty surprised. It does handle better and not roll during curves anymore which I like. It has the best of both worlds as far as all that. With my 19" wheels and 40 series tires potholes and bumps aren't bad at all. I guess the stock shocks help that out too.

Im going to go with the s-tien springs & KYB Excel-G Shocks & Struts. Hopefully i get a good ride outta these shocks and struts.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:28 AM
Jho
Newbie - Just Registered

Good deal. Send me some pics when they come in if you don't mind. I was looking at those shocks and want to see what they look like. Are you doing it yourself or getting a shop to do it? Also post some before and after pics when you get it done
Old 01-31-2017, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jho
Good deal. Send me some pics when they come in if you don't mind. I was looking at those shocks and want to see what they look like. Are you doing it yourself or getting a shop to do it? Also post some before and after pics when you get it done
I'm going to have a shop do it for me. Also i sure will post some. Thanks for the help!

Search this Thread