6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Non memory harness on memory seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 05:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Non memory harness on memory seat

Hello so i grabbed a pair of seats from the junkyard for my 2004 maxima se and when i got to the passenger side i noticed the plugs were different so i swapped my harness from the old seat and every plug is the same except the plug that makes the seat go back and forth. Im not looking to get the memory function working i just want everything else to work. My question is will everything else work? I think i may have to just swap plugs and splice the 2 wires for the front and back function. Is this possible what im trying to attempt? Also are all 6th gen leather seats heated. Any help is appreciated thank you
Old 07-07-2017, 05:08 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Same damn issue for me. So I have an 04 maxima with Grey leather, and the memory seats would only work if I pushed the button. So I changed the button and had the same issue. My leather was really beat up so it was a win win when I found an all black leather set at the junkyard. Power and heated seats, so I'm thing it's plug and play. The driver seat was but that damn passenger seat was not. I had to pul the harness from my original seat and splice the motor wires.

After all that I have to do a master reprogramming for the memory seats to work. The memory seats work just like before, they still will not automatically move into position. Do you know if there is a central computer that controls that? My next change will be the info screen Bc it's not the seat and it's not the button.