6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

windows /memory seats/ and sideview mirrors.... help me please....!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 05:37 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

windows /memory seats/ and sideview mirrors.... help me please....!

Thank you for just reading what I have to say. I have loved the 6th gen max since I was young and couldn't afford it. Now I feel like I'm part of the club. Thank you

Ok I just purchased a 2004 Nissan Maxima. Trans and engine check out just fine. The issues I'm having are small annoying.

1-both the driver and passenger windows will not work. Back windows work fine /controlling the back windows work fine. I'm assuming it's the Motor in the door but I want to make sure there isn't a secret fuse I'm not seeing.

2-the side view mirrors don't move. The button to close the mirrors work. The directional pad is VERY FUNNY ACTING. If I push real hard the glass will sometimes move. Would this be a switch problem or something bigger.

3- last the memory seats. I finally got it to work..... a little. I followed the book and I programmed it 1 and 2. Now programming 1 works perfect but programming 2 stutters. I have to hit the button 10 times and every press the steering wheel slowing moves into position. Please help.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:09 AM

Welcome to the wonderful world if Nissan's intermittent electric failures. Sorry I had to say that, but I had my share of intermittent failures of power windows, power doors, and relays. These are a ***** to diagnose and you would have more luck if they are reproducible 100%. Arm yourself with a multimeter and follow the circuits, looking for where the power goes cold from 12V to 0V.