6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2004 Nissan Maxima Climate Control Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 07:55 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

2004 Nissan Maxima Climate Control Issue?

I have a 2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5SL with 178k miles on it that was having an AC issue due to the hoses having a freon leak. It would work for a week after the charge and then stop working again. I had the hoses replaced. Now the Climate control does not appear to be working correctly. For 3 weeks now the AC will come on and then shut off after a minute when set to 60 degrees, and the heat does not activate unless the temp it raised to 88 degrees or higher. This has been going on for about 3 weeks. I was told this may be due to a bad compressor, but that doesn't make sense being that when it had bad hoses it worked reliably for the week each time prior to running out of Freon.

Anyone have an idea on what could be happening? I don't wanna waste money on a diagnostic again. I'm already into this for about $500 including the hoses and diagnostic.

Last edited by zefcorreal; 07-20-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:10 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

This tuned out to be an AC issue. It was overcharged which caused the entire climate system to act up. Had this fixed and now all is well. Strange but resolved :-)
Old 08-13-2017, 03:32 PM

Nice of you reporting back.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:12 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by zefcorreal
This tuned out to be an AC issue. It was overcharged which caused the entire climate system to act up. Had this fixed and now all is well. Strange but resolved :-)
Mine is doing something similar.

How did you fix it?