6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

I have a 05 Nissan Maxima all light were on the dashboard

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 12:08 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have a 05 Nissan Maxima all light were on the dashboard

my 05 Nissan Maxima was running fine but all dashboard lights were on but the brake and battery light. But today i was on my way home and the battery and brake lights came on also. It drove home fine but when i left tonight and had been driving while the car lost power and didn’t make a sound when i pressed the gas but was still moving at slow speed very slow speed. The lights dimmed and eventually started flashing can someone help please
Old 11-15-2017, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Alternator is toast. Have it checked to confirm. If your battery is drained now, it's because the alternator failed and you were running off a battery for a short period of time.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:22 AM

Like the Wiz said, check the voltage across the battery terminal with the engine stopped, and then with the engine running. If stopped is the same as running or higher, you got a dead alternator. Worse if it shorted - may cause a fire.

To be able to still drive the car short distances, hook it up to a charger. I am in the same boat: my alt just died, received the new one and until I can install it over the weekend, I keep the charger connected after every ride, and taking it only on the short rides.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks but does that make all lights come on
Old 11-19-2017, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Jewelbeler
Thanks but does that make all lights come on
Speaking from experience, it sure would cause all lights on the dash to come on...
Old 01-16-2018, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
Speaking from experience, it sure would cause all lights on the dash to come on...
My 03 Maxima alternator failed after driving about 30 miles on the battery, and I did not know it. Never got any kind of light warning. She just finally shut down and left me wondering, what the hey!