6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2006 Nissan Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 04:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2006 Nissan Maxima

Suggestions please !!!!!

I was going down the interstate and my car began to sputter very bad and loosing power i was pressing gas petal and it seem as if car wasnt getting any gas to the engine , it began to jerk like it was trying car kept rolling and not going over 60 finally car would not do anything and just completly stopped

car will not crank now , when it turns over will not catch

ive replaced all sensors expect maf car is throwing a exhaust code
Old 08-02-2017, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Aqlewis14
Suggestions please !!!!!

I was going down the interstate and my car began to sputter very bad and loosing power i was pressing gas petal and it seem as if car wasnt getting any gas to the engine , it began to jerk like it was trying car kept rolling and not going over 60 finally car would not do anything and just completly stopped

car will not crank now , when it turns over will not catch

ive replaced all sensors expect maf car is throwing a exhaust code
Which sensors have been replaced? Were they oem? What's the code? Extend your troubleshooting to the fuel pump.

Last edited by Costee; 08-02-2017 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:13 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Code is PO470 if I'm not mistaken & fuel pump was my next Get to , I've replace Crank Shaft Sensors The Sensor That Goes Under the car that has to do with the oil About 200 dollar worth of sensors
Old 08-02-2017, 11:22 AM

Code is PO470 if I'm not mistaken & fuel pump was my next Get to , I've replace Crank Shaft Sensors The Sensor That Goes Under the car that has to do with the oil About 200 dollar worth of sensors
I'm afraid I can't find any code for P0470 on any 6th gen Maxima. There is only one crank sensor. There are two camshaft sensors, which are no less important.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:24 PM

Camshaft sensors would cause a stall, but you can still re-start, they only push the car into limp mode afterwards.
Crankshaft sensor would cause a stall and no start.
Did you say it did not crank? Or did it cranked, but not start? Those are two completely different conditions.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:37 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I replaced the camshaft and crank shaft sensors , the car will no longer start now

Originally Posted by Tarzan
Camshaft sensors would cause a stall, but you can still re-start, they only push the car into limp mode afterwards.
Crankshaft sensor would cause a stall and no start.
Did you say it did not crank? Or did it cranked, but not start? Those are two completely different conditions.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:04 PM

I replaced the camshaft and crank shaft sensors , the car will no longer start now
Were they oem? Could you post part numbers?
Old 08-03-2017, 06:52 AM

Put the old sensors back in then one by one and see which one caused it not to start