6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Transmission Valve Body Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 04:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Transmission Valve Body Nightmare

We changed the valve body with a remanufactoured valve body. It didn't work. So, my husband decided it must be reman valve body and replaced it with a new Nissan valve body. It had been hard shifting with clunk into reverse, between 1st/ 2nd, and 2nd to 3rd. After doing research on here and calling the nearest dealership service department, I bought the first valve body (reman). Slipping into reverse was great, but it was very sluggish and delayed when it came to shifting from 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd and slipping between 3 to 4th. I drove it very gently hoping this was normal during the relearn process. That never seemed to happen. So, we exchanged the (reman) VB and install another one. It was f'ed up from the start. I couldn't drive it. Frustration set in and I returned these 2 for a refund and purchased an new OEM Nissan valve body. It's still shifting sluggish/delayed. I have to hold my acceleration at 2200 rpm for about 15-20 seconds before it will shift into gear pretty smooth. This is only happening from 1st to 2nd. If I don't give it enough time to shift it slam hard into gear. Then I get a check engine light with code P0780. I'm not sure the TMC is relearning or could it be something else. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated on how to proceed. I love my car and miss driving it. I don't have a lot of trust in the mechanics in our area (crooks).