Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008-48/)
-   -   Loud Break squeal when brake rotors/pads warm up (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008/703485-loud-break-squeal-when-brake-rotors-pads-warm-up.html)

follyburr 01-21-2019 09:32 PM

Loud Break squeal when brake rotors/pads warm up

I replaced all four rotors and all brake pads(autozone ceramic) because more than one rotor was warped( steering wheel would shake when braking at highway speeds). For now, no shake occurs. I greased all the spots that needed grease. also replaced them to get rid of a loud brake squeal that starts happening when rotors/pads warm up. It happens when I come to a stop and if I lightly let go of the brakes the sound goes away and comes back when i step on the brake again to come to a stop. Any ideas as to what specifically I should look for? the rotor does not have any unusual scraping on it to indicate something was making contact to the surface that makes contact with the brake pad. Any ideas? I feel like it is coming from the right side and I think I hear it more from the passenger front side. Thanks!

chrome91 01-21-2019 10:07 PM

if the squeal just started after replacing the pads/rotors and only occurs when the brakes are applied, either it'll get better in a couple thousand miles when the brakes are bedded in or the pads just have a high metallic content. if it only happens when the brakes applied it doesnt really sound like a mechanical issue

follyburr 01-21-2019 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by chrome91 (Post 9193458)
if the squeal just started after replacing the pads/rotors and only occurs when the brakes are applied, either it'll get better in a couple thousand miles when the brakes are bedded in or the pads just have a high metallic content. if it only happens when the brakes applied it doesnt really sound like a mechanical issue

Than ks for the reply. The squeal was the same squeal that started a couple months ago. So it happened with old pads/rotors and new pads/rotors.

follyburr 01-21-2019 11:22 PM

If it helps, here is the squeal it makes as I come to a stop.( It also happens when I press the brake at highway speeds.) As you can hear, it momentarily stops as I release the brake pedal and comes back as soon as I step on the brake pedal again.

04maximas 01-22-2019 06:31 AM

just curious why autozone? lol I kinda got depressed lol I use centric or when I have the money the ebc greenstuff pads from summit racing. did ya change the brake hardware clips?

follyburr 01-22-2019 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by 04maximas (Post 9193475)
just curious why autozone? lol I kinda got depressed lol I use centric or when I have the money the ebc greenstuff pads from summit racing. did ya change the brake hardware clips?

Yup, I changed the brake hardware clips as well. As far as autozone, At home, we've all used autozone rotors/pads on cars and trucks and no complaints. They stop well and never make a noise.