Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008-48/)
-   -   2004 Maxima SE throttle control motor problems (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008/703600-2004-maxima-se-throttle-control-motor-problems.html)

Maxima_se3.5 02-06-2019 06:18 AM

2004 Maxima SE throttle control motor problems

I I have a 2004 Nissan Maxima se the car I changed the motor and for two weeks the motor drove and ran fine now the card left me stranded I was driving and it went dead I put it in neutral to restart the car it did nothing I stop the car turn the switch the card did nothing I look under the hood and I find the starter switch wire was broken I fix the wire turn the switch the card turns over but it does not start I finally get the car started but it has no throttle control I can take and mash the accelerator pedal down and there will go no more than 2000 RPM's it jerks hard for you put it in reverse I have changed the throttle body the throttle motor and they throttle pedal to know avail it is still doing the same thing no throttle response over 2000 RPM's it is throwing the codes P 1122 p1126 and when I erased the codes as soon as the switch is turned back on the codes reappear I have changed the relay that to change the relay and fuse box that is on the passenger side front of the car have changed every single relay every single fuse that is in the car and still it does the same thing and also now has started coming up with a saying that the cam sensor is bad I have replaced both counts sensors and the crank sensor and they knock sensor and still the same things I have tried the learn the throttle thing and it no power to the throttle I have trace the wiring from the throttle motor to the fuse and relay box nothing seems to be broken or not making connections I can however place a Hotwire on the top right hand corner wire in the plug on the throttle motor and it will open the throttle motor full open and the car will start any help that anyone can offer me will be greatly appreciated and I thank you

04maximas 02-06-2019 08:17 AM

I had the same issue and it ended up being the crankshaft position sensor. pull codes for check engine light. if its crank sensor its a easy fix just take the old sensor off first and take it to match it up for correct one, theres 2 different ones

04maximas 02-06-2019 08:19 AM

since ya have throttle body codes. I have to ask what brand of throttle body did ya use? the only brand I found that Nissan loves is hitatchi. its the brand they use from factory and for 70 on ebay ya can have a remanufactured unit.

Maxima_se3.5 02-06-2019 04:40 PM

I used a factory dealer one off another Maxima that I have here that I know is good . I have 9 other maximas and 7 altimas all with 3.5 v6 and 4vof them are manual transmissions. And I have replaced both cam shaft position sensors, and the knock and crank shaft senors. I've replaced both the temperature sensors and I've replace the thermostat. Also it has now begun to show codes for multiple misfire and misfire on number 6 I changed coil pack and plug and no difference however it's not a full time misfire it just does it after it's started and idels for a couple minutes then the misfire is there. But if I press the pedal down it idels to 2000 and the misfire smooths out . But it still will only rev no higher than 2000 RMS. While it is running I can unplug the harness from the pedal and the rooms go up to 1200 rpms and stays there till I reconnect the harness and but still no throttle response

04maximas 02-07-2019 06:32 AM

another thing to try cause I just had that same thing on my moms ford five hundred. the cats were clogged and falling apart. as I removed the cats the honeycomb was falling out as I removed them. I had no cat codes though but the same rev to 2000 only and stumble. I hollowed out the cats and besides the codes for cat failure it drives amazing. just a suggestion, remove all 3 cats and see if there clogged. if so use a metal rod and a hamer and bust the honey comb out of all 3 with them off the car, reassemble the exhaust system and check it yo

Maxima_se3.5 02-07-2019 10:11 AM

thank you but the cats have been gutted and deleted long ago along with the rest of the factory exhaust. It has 3 inch from the two gutted cats to the rear with two 3 in inlet 3inch outlet super turbo mufflers.

Maxima_se3.5 02-07-2019 11:04 AM

Update

I have gotten the throttle control motor on the throttle body to start working when the key switch is turned to ON position like it's supposed to do now, but when I press the gas pedal down it will not go over 1700rpms and when I put it into reverse it hits reverse very hard and same happens when I go from reverse to drive it hits drive hard and it will pull itself in reverse but will not pull at all in drive. The codes p1122 , p1126 and p1051 are now present. I erase them and start the car up they reappear in less than 20 seconds . The car takes longer to start than it ever has now. Meaning I have to hold the key switch in the crank position longer before it starts to run than normal. Normally in a matter of 2 seconds the car will be running now it takes like 5 to 7 seconds to start running.

Christopher Mackmer 04-06-2020 11:51 AM

It's a cam sensor I had this problem even got bad sensors that were new you want factory Nissan sensors or you will continue to have this problem.