Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008-48/)
-   -   New Maxima Owner and member (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008/703631-new-maxima-owner-member.html)

ACS2004 02-10-2019 06:44 PM

New Maxima Owner and member

hello, I just purchased a 04 max SE back in December. First Nissan and having a lot of issues with it the drive home alone. Problem was I had someone pick it up for me out of town, a mistake I’ll never make again. I own it. Now I’m stuck with this lemon is seems but really want to keep the car. It won’t start now. Among a long list of basic maintenance that’s been overlooked, it’s had some really weird electrical problems since it decided not to start. Parked it one day after work, and upon trying to start the next day, nothing. Dash lights up, all lights turn on without dimming the cluster, battery is charged. Now the weird **** is, the windshield wipers are turning in without the switch being on. As soon as the keys on. And the radio powers up, but won’t turn on to the am/fm CD tape anything. Says the time and some settings displayed but won’t do anything with the mileage or fuel economy. Any idea what the hells going on?? I assume my started seized, plan on getting a new one. It clicks at the fuse box and the gauge lights all go off when I turn to start but not cranking or solenoid clicking. Random side question - anyone have a diagram of the transmission cooler lines or where they are located if it had one.

04maximas 02-11-2019 06:02 AM

its the starter. as far as radio, try the fuses? just a suggestion id replace it with a aftermarket

04maximas 02-13-2019 02:08 PM

that's true however ya need to know the exact transmission. manual will not fit auto and the auto 4 speed is different design than 5 speed auto

04BlackMaxx 02-20-2019 10:16 AM

Congratulations you just bought a complete piece of $hit.

illrooster5861 02-21-2019 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx (Post 9195690)

that might be the case, but is a fun car to drive. this is the second one I have. 5th and 6th gens. 5 gen went out after an accident ( not my fault ) was manual and had over 200.00 and the thing would pull hard . the 6gen was my wife it was neglected for a couple of years after it was given to my brother in law . after that I decided to take it back since he didn't care for it. is now back running and on its way to recovery. to me is just fun bring it back to full life.
by no means I know anything about this cars but I'm learning in the process.

04maximas 02-21-2019 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx (Post 9195690)

can we block this user? all he does is talk negative and does not offer any useful help to anyone

illrooster5861 02-21-2019 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by 04maximas (Post 9195793)
can we block this user? all he does is talk negative and does not offer any useful help to anyone

it sounds rude but it seems he no longer has anything good to say. so yeah he should just go away and be on the range rover forum saying how big of piece of .hit nissan maxima is.

04maximas 02-22-2019 05:58 AM

oh I totally agree