Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008-48/)
-   -   Engine surges to 8k on tach as soon as 5k is reached in gear or in neutral NEEDINPUT (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008/703825-engine-surges-8k-tach-soon-5k-reached-gear-neutral-needinput.html)

Godzilla02 03-05-2019 03:36 PM

Engine surges to 8k on tach as soon as 5k is reached in gear or in neutral NEEDINPUT

LONG DESCRIPTION SORRY
Hello everyone,
I'm going to give a little background as a follow up to the issue. I have a 05 maxima 6 M/T, so recently I had a shop change out the clutch, car ran perfect before it got changed but cross country drive coming up soon and really old clutch decided it was time for a new one. (OEM flywheel clutch kit, master cylinder and slave cylinder)
After all that is said and done when they were finished the car wouldn't run went into limp mode when they could get it to run and misfired like a SOB, thought they lined up the flywheel wrong but in all reality the crankshaft position sensor went bad, got it changed out bam ran like a million bucks. No big deal ran like a dream I did the 1000 mile break in drove it like a newborn and did not rev it above 3k, well I was about 1100 past the break in and I decided hey lets let her breath, soon as I hit 5k in second gear the engine immediately jumped to 8k on the tach (Sounded like it was hitting 8k as well) bounced then went back down because as soon as I felt a jump I popped it into neutral, pulled over, tried it again and it jumped AGAIN. soon as it passes 6k it will pop the SES light plug in my code reader and its popping a P0335 (Crankshaft position sensor circuit A) well that's weird because it was just changed and when it does go bad from what I remember the car would barely run it would be misfiring or not wanting to start, I clear the codes and try it again in neutral once I make it home, does it again. I recorded it when it was in neutral. Got a diagram and list of possible causes from chilton manual, only thing that SERIOUSLY has me scratching my head is all those systems that could be associated should have their own code and affect driving throughout the powerband, not just when I hit 5k. anybody have this happen before I can't find it anywhere? wires all look good but even if it was a ground and short wouldn't there be more symptoms? checked all my fuses they're good, engine isn't popping any other associated codes, friend of mine has a fancy reader that can run diagnostic tests on the systems but he's not available any time soon due to work, but what I'm trying to figure out is, has ANYONE had that happen with their maxima? or any other Nissan engine for the matter VQ35DE or not? I don't want to blame the shop because this seems like something else, only other thing my cars doing that's funky is its running an average of 15.6v but I changed the alternator and ran out of money after that whole headache so I forgot about it (Been about a year since the change of the alternator) but theres no fluctuations in voltage or amperage it just runs high for some weird reason. ANY input would be greatly appreciated.

04maximas 03-06-2019 06:17 AM

try the throttle body could be failing