Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008-48/)
-   -   07 Maxima won’t go over 20 mph, no DTC (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008/704603-07-maxima-wonit-go-over-20-mph-no-dtc.html)

stellkang 06-09-2019 08:06 AM

07 Maxima won’t go over 20 mph, no DTC

It started 6 months ago with the vehicle not going over 40 mph the first 2-5 min of driving and then it would drive totally OK. Flushed transmission fluid to see if it helps. Things didn't change much, just instead of 5 min, it increased to 10 min of acting up and then it would be ok. However, a month ago it wouldn't go over 20 mph unless it's going downhill. RPM goes up when pressing on the gas, but car won't shift to next gear. Changed the two front ABS speed sensors according to the Nissan service bulletin but no go. No check engine light comes on. The car has 116K miles and it’s a 2007 Maxima. It idles fine and when driving slow (less than 20 mph) feels great but as soon as goes over 20mph, I feel something turning on and rpm goes up. Is this a transmission issue?

Dan Bankston 12-13-2019 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by stellkang (Post 9203616)
It started 6 months ago with the vehicle not going over 40 mph the first 2-5 min of driving and then it would drive totally OK. Flushed transmission fluid to see if it helps. Things didn't change much, just instead of 5 min, it increased to 10 min of acting up and then it would be ok. However, a month ago it wouldn't go over 20 mph unless it's going downhill. RPM goes up when pressing on the gas, but car won't shift to next gear. Changed the two front ABS speed sensors according to the Nissan service bulletin but no go. No check engine light comes on. The car has 116K miles and it’s a 2007 Maxima. It idles fine and when driving slow (less than 20 mph) feels great but as soon as goes over 20mph, I feel something turning on and rpm goes up. Is this a transmission issue?

did you ever get this issue resolved?? I have the same issue

Maine Mclaren 03-11-2020 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by stellkang (Post 9203616)

it’s the abs module