7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Maxima 7th Gen info 5/07

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by RHMax
Free enterprise, look it up! Record breaking profit is in dollar amount not percentage to each dollar make. In other words, $10 profit from $1000 sales is not the same as $5 from $100 sales. We bought more gasoline at higher price, so the profit in dollar is higher because of volume, simple math. Please do yourself a favor and look a little deeper than just at the headlines.
lol.... you ASSUME too quickly...

Profit can be $$s or %... i don't get what you mean?? Regardless if your looking at the $$ or %, the same record breaking % is = to the $$.....

Profit is Sales - Expenses...in it's simplest form...... Sales have increased because we bought at a higher price...... Their expenses on the other hand...... didn't really budge...... USUALLY prices increase to cover expenses.... HENCE the reason for the overly excessive profits.

And when you have a very LARGE unusual profit % increase as opposed to the previous years/periods ..... especially in a old industry used to experiencing low and steady increases historically.... it makes one wonder... what was the price hikes for?

Hey if you don't mind paying as much as you can for a necessity, then so be it.....
Old 05-04-2007, 11:40 PM

I feel there are many factors at work to cause rising fuel prices. Here are just a few:

1. - There is a definite feeling of insecurity about the reliability of mideastern crude supplies. Such events as the recent discovery by the Saudis of a plot by terrorists for a '9/11' type event that would essentially wipe out their oil production strikes fear in oil circles.

2. - Chavez is hinting that Venezuelan oil may soon be more difficult for the U.S. to obtain. He and George are not friends.

3. - There have been major accidents/events at some of our largest refineries, such as the huge refinery fire started by lightning recently. In truth, becasuse of disabled refineries, we have not been refining at full capacity since Katrina.

4. - Bookmark this one: Because of our ever-increasing population, and the usual tendency of insecure folks to prove their worth by driving monstrously inefficient tanks, the demand for gasoline in the U.S. is at an all-time high, and continues to rise.

--------------

My wife and I are very fortunate in that we can afford high gas prices, are retired, love to travel, and could easily drive 15 to 20K each per year. But because our indulgence would only add to the problem, affecting poor folks who must drive to work, but who can't afford the high prices, we have cancelled most of our vacation plans over the last three years, and drive less than half what we would have had gasoline been in sufficient supply.

Very disappointing? Definitely. But everything we do affects others, and we're all in this together.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

gas price is at a history high, and car companys are making bigger displacement engines
Old 05-05-2007, 01:14 AM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by VQPRO
gas price is at a history high, and car companys are making bigger displacement engines
The fact that these cars are selling should bother you more.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:07 AM

Well according to Nissan rep at the auto show, the MAX will be design on the M chassis with an AWD option. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Omarvelous
it should be the consumer fighting the big oil....

These car companies need to be banging on the doors!

Also, the fing gov't!!! x years in iraq, get some oil while ur at it!!! Oh yea.... don't 4get Bin Laden..... fing democracy..... fing bush.....
You gotta thank the previous congress' for allowing the war power of the president to get so strong after WWII. Of course legally there is still a restriction on how long he can commit troops(90 total days (60 then he can get a 30 day extension by congress)) but congress has become so weak that they have always complied with the presidents demands(i.e Korean war, Vietnam(and consequently the idiotic gulf of tonkin resolution))........ on the oil thing we are back to the ways of J. Edgar Hoover and his contemporaries with a laizes-faire attitude toward big business

but I digress, I do not have any plans of making my next new car(whenever that is) a maxima. There will most likely be better cars out there around the same price range that I will like more.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by SMOKED_OUT
Well according to Nissan rep at the auto show, the MAX will be design on the M chassis with an AWD option. We'll just have to wait and see.
that would b beautiful....

Maybe v8 option??? lol, nagh.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The fact that these cars are selling should bother you more.
thats crazy we are the ones helping to raise the gas price,the more liter these cars have, the more fuel they consume.That makes fuel more of a demand,which cause the cost of fuel to soar, "supply and demand"
Old 05-05-2007, 05:47 PM

Smoked Out - If the Nissan rep at the auto show is right, and the 7th gen Maxima is built on the 'M' chassi (and I happen to feel it will be), that would tend to strongly back the posts DRoD and I made a day or two back saying the 7th gen Maxima would be the 'poor man's M', as well as RHMax's suggestion AWD would be an option.

Placing the Maxima on the 'M' chassi would greatly reduce Nissan's development costs for the 7th gen AWD Maxima. Makes so much sense.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Smoked Out - If the Nissan rep at the auto show is right, and the 7th gen Maxima is built on the 'M' chassi (and I happen to feel it will be), that would tend to strongly back the posts DRoD and I made a day or two back saying the 7th gen Maxima would be the 'poor man's M', as well as RHMax's suggestion AWD would be an option.

Placing the Maxima on the 'M' chassi would greatly reduce Nissan's development costs for the 7th gen AWD Maxima. Makes so much sense.

I hope they offer AWD as an option. You think they might keep the VQ35 with a possibly FWD version, and offer the VQ37 on an AWD-optioned Max to compensate for the increased weight?
Old 05-05-2007, 06:14 PM

whats with all this talk about huge engines, and gas guzzling cars, and all the gas prices when your all driving a 3.5Liter car lol, and possibly have another car or two in the household. Then we all say aww its awsome a huge engine,and AWD and PERFORMANCE PERFORMANCE PERFORMANCE, then turn around again and discuss the gass prices and the problems associated with it. hmmmmm
Old 05-05-2007, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by mavssolja
whats with all this talk about huge engines, and gas guzzling cars, and all the gas prices when your all driving a 3.5Liter car lol, and possibly have another car or two in the household. Then we all say aww its awsome a huge engine,and AWD and PERFORMANCE PERFORMANCE PERFORMANCE, then turn around again and discuss the gass prices and the problems associated with it. hmmmmm
Well, my Max is my only car. I don't modify it at all - I'm just not that kind of guy. I throw some nice tints on it, and that's it.

Gas right now at $3.50/gallon is more than I'd like to pay, but I'll call a spade a spade, and unless gas goes to $10/gallon, I can see myself driving for all the stuff I need to do.

I won't ever own a huge truck (even one of Nissan's like the Armada) simply because of the poor mileage. The 3.5 Max gets pretty good mileage for a car with its performance.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Newbie just Registered

I heard it will be based on the new Altima Chassis, from a good source. With the M chassis, it will be a RWD based car; which it won't be.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:32 PM

The US, China and India are the 3 fastest growing nations that are all fighting and bidding for the same resources, the low prices are gone, get use to it

Things need to change but it always involves politics and we know how that goes
Old 05-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Stang-seeking Max Missile

Originally Posted by SMOKED_OUT
That's what I figured- an updated M35x, hopefully w/ the 3.7L (330hp)& 6-speed auto w/ paddle shifters. I won't look forward to 15 mpg w/AWD though, esp @ $4/gallon.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:07 PM

Sadly, RHMax has slapped me across the face with a wet, cold washcloth, which has awakened me from an apparent stupor.

Of course he is correct in that the M chassi is a RWD/AWD concoction, and the Maxima will be FWD with probably an AWD option.

The fine new Altima chassi, with appropriate tweaks, might well be the chassi for the 7th gen Maxima. It may need to be strengthened, as the 7th gen Maxima will be larger than the Altima, and could be several hundred pounds heavier than the 6th gen Maxima. The new Maxima also figures to have somewhere between two and four dozen more HP than the 6th gen, as a stated goal of Nissan is to clearly separate the Maxima from the Altima.

---------

Changing the subject, the June 2007 issue of Consumers Report rates Upscale sedans. It divided them into three categories:

Sporty sedans -
#1 Infiniti G35 (RWD)
#2 Acura TL
#3 Infiniti G35 (AWD)
Followed by 9 others.

Upscale/High End family sedans -
#1 Lexus ES350 (tested version was $41,300)
Followed by seven others, incl a loaded Altima 3.5 SE rated #4.

Large sedans -
#1 Avalon XL S
#2 Maxima SL
Folllowed by 11 others.

Had they tested the Maxima SE instead of the SL, the Maxima would have been placed in the 'Sporty Sedans' category.

The Avalon, of course, is a fairly new design. In fact, in looking down the 13 cars rated in the 'Large Sedan' category, the Maxima SL seemed to be the oldest generation/design. Yet 10 of the 13 contenders in this category rated considerably (a dozen or more points on a scale of 100) below the Maxima. I feel this speaks extremely well for a design that left the drawing boards in 2002, and began its assembly line run in January 2003.

I don't totally agree with the way CR categorized these vehicles, but no two folks would see things the same way, anyway. Had it not been for a large turning circle and torque steer, this old Maxima design might have rated better than even the new Avalon, the TL and the G35 AWD.

I love my 6th gen SL!
Old 05-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Newbie just Registered

Sadly, RHMax has slapped me across the face with a wet, cold washcloth, which has awakened me from an apparent stupor...
That was not my intention.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:46 AM

I don't totally agree with the way CR categorized these vehicles, but no two folks would see things the same way, anyway. Had it not been for a large turning circle and torque steer, this old Maxima design might have rated better than even the new Avalon, the TL and the G35 AWD.

I love my 6th gen SL!
I agree with you.

Avalon by many is considered "Luxury" as well.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:43 AM

RHMax - That SHOULD have been your intention. When I go as far astray as to suggest a car we know will be FWD/AWD will be put on a chassi we know is RWD/AWD, it is actually time to be face-slapped with a very dirty dishcloth. But you were more gentle than that.

The 7th gen is already posing a dilemna in my mind. I absolutely love my perfect 6th gen SL, and am going to be faced with whether to give it up when the 7th gens arrive. Tough decision.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:52 AM

RHMax - That SHOULD have been your intention. When I go as far astray as to suggest a car we know will be FWD/AWD will be put on a chassi we know is RWD/AWD, it is actually time to be face-slapped with a very dirty dishcloth. But you were more gentle than that.

The 7th gen is already posing a dilemna in my mind. I absolutely love my perfect 6th gen SL, and am going to be faced with whether to give it up when the 7th gens arrive. Tough decision.
atleast you'll have the luxury/option....

Had my baby since Aug..... it has 20k on it, and a history (accident with pedestrian.....)

Looks like i'm gonna ride this one into the GROUND!!
Old 05-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Newbie just Registered

I agree with you.

C&D says Avalon makes a better Lexus than the ES.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:24 PM

avalons are a beautiful car, def luxury, i have the max and my mom just bought an 06 avalon, VERY NICE and comfortable inside, outside aint too bad too.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:41 AM

C&D says Avalon makes a better Lexus than the ES.
lol, i'm sure i'd agree... i hate the interior of the es....

I guess the Consumer Reports places an emphasis on price being the determining factor on whats upscale or luxurious.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by VQPRO
thats crazy we are the ones helping to raise the gas price,the more liter these cars have, the more fuel they consume.That makes fuel more of a demand,which cause the cost of fuel to soar, "supply and demand"

have you seen any gas stations that say "sorry no gas", or "out of gas", no, so I still have a problem trying to figure out the gas prices when the supply is there.
Lets just hope the next max is a hydrogen car!
Old 05-11-2007, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by DRod
No kidding. I think I'd be repeating what everyne already knows...but

M35/45=Maxima
G35=Altima

The G comparison is as frustrating to me as when people call my Maxima an Altima...and when they called my Grand Prix a Grand Am.

M35/45=G35, FX, 350Z
G35=M35/45,FX, 350Z
Altima= Maxima, Murano, Quest

Did I miss something?

I hope Nissan isn't worried about G35 sales either way it's going to the same pot and 2009 should be a good year for both brands! GTR!!! And stop bashing us G35 owners we have a lot of respect for you Maxima guys.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by perrymaxima

M35/45=G35, FX, 350Z
G35=M35/45,FX, 350Z
Altima= Maxima, Murano, Quest

Did I miss something?

I hope Nissan isn't worried about G35 sales either way it's going to the same pot and 2009 should be a good year for both brands! GTR!!! And stop bashing us G35 owners we have a lot of respect for you Maxima guys.
We're not bashing G35's. While you're comparing platforms, I think DRod's comparing size.

How much lower are you w/ coupe springs?

I think Nissan is going square the G's w/ the 3-Series BMW, IS, and too some extend, the new C-Class. While the Max is going agsinst the Avalon, ES350, Passat, TL; and RL(?) if AWD is available. And the GT-R will be against the IS-F, M3, etc. NIssan has been pretty good so far in their marketing campaign.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:59 PM

We're not bashing G35's. While you're comparing platforms, I think DRod's comparing size.

I think Nissan is going square the G's w/ the 3-Series BMW, IS, and too some extend, the new C-Class. While the Max is going agsinst the Avalon, ES350, Passat, TL; and RL(?) if AWD is available. And the GT-R will be against the IS-F, M3, etc. NIssan has been pretty good so far in their marketing campaign.
I C With coupe springs I'm about 1/2 inch lower in the rear and with the 350z springs in front about 1 inch.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:01 PM

With coupe springs in the rear I'm about 1/2 inch lower and with the 350z springs about 1 inch in the front.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:14 PM

I hope they have a station wagon model with a diesel option.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by eyeball
I hope they have a station wagon model with a diesel option.
If it looks as hot as the 5Series and A6 wagon models then why not and even more reason to offer an AWD model for those who need more room and versatility
Old 05-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I've also heard the 2008 and 2009 will be carry-overs until the 2010.
Any truth to this???
Old 05-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Newbie just Registered

7th gen will be '09 model, and probably be available early next year.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:53 PM

2009 - my mortgage over.. new maxima

as LoH said... life is good!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 02:59 PM
gec

I can't wait for the spy photo's of this car. We got a bit of a wait but its pretty exciting. I was thinking of purchasing the 07 Lexus ES 350 ... Guess I'll have to take a look at the Avalon thats being touted here...

Old 05-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

I agree with you.

Avalon?
Oh, hell no
Pay attention next time you see either a Toyota Avalon or a Camry I'll bet you 8 out 10 times it will be a grandma or grandpa driving it at 20 mph on a 60mph zone.

In speaking of car brands, there are only a few car brands that REALLY seem to understand people want nicely designed cars! I mean, look at:

Toyota = Cars for old people - I see more Toyotas at Retirement Homes than
Buicks. Enough said there....

Honda = Latest models have been looking nicer than what a Honda normally
looks like. But Honda, still a loooong way to go design-wise.

Ford = Seriously, has anyone seen the redesigned Taurus? Come'on.
What is Ford REALLY thinking?

Chev = I fall asleep when I hear the name: "Chevrolet"....

Dodge = Maybe a modded Magnum at worst case scenarion?
Otherwise, boring cars....

Chrysler = Maybe the SRT8 300?
Other than that poorly designed cars.

Hyundai = Not even for free I would want a Hyundai. Well, I shouldn't say
that. Give it to me and I will sell it on Ebay or something....

Wewfff. Got tired and bored... Soooo many car Companies coming up with ugly and uninspiring designs.
I am sure someone else will come up with a few other boring car companies...
Old 05-16-2007, 09:50 PM

when i got my 04 max last friday.. the salesman was telling me how for the 7th gen max.. it will look more like the m45 and raise its price to start at 40k.. basically for pricing.. sentra at 20k, altima 30k, maxima at 40k.. (in a way)

and the m45 looks hot
Old 05-16-2007, 11:58 PM

Larsim - They weren't saying the Avalon is a luxury car as such. They were saying that, given 'sporty' and 'luxury' categories, the Avalon would have to be considered in the 'luxury' category rather than 'sporty'. I think they are correct.

I appreciate your very strong love for the Maxima. I share that same feeling. But I have to admit the new Avalon does not look all bad. Of course it isn't as stylish as the Maxima, but it is comfortable and reliable; two qualities that appeal to folks who are mature, smart and thrifty. That is why you see so many Avalons driven by mature, smart and thrifty folks, many of whom are grandpas and grandmas.

mapid145 - Your salesman is probably not too far off. The 7th gen Maxima will be sort of the 'poor man's M45'. And the top of the line 7th gen Maximas will probably be a tad north of $40K. But I would bet there will be a version well under $40k, also. It would be wonderful if there could be an entry level 7th gen Maxima with a 6 speed manual, but I am afraid to hope fior that.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:44 PM

I was ready to see this thread drop away, but realized reading the dialog might have led some to feel the 2009 Maxima will cost $40K. There has been mention on the board that Nissan plans for the Sentra to be priced around $20, the Altima around $30, and the 7th gen Maxima around $40.

In a sense, that is probably true. But the reality is that cars usually sell for less than they are priced. For instance, most large Nissan dealers in the Atlanta area currently advertise base '07 Maxima SEs for between $24,000 and $24,500. That is around $4K below MSRP.

I feel that by summer 2008, prices of Nissan sedans will probably be somewhat like this:

Sentra - MSRP ranging from around $16K to $23K (depending on options), and selling for between $13,500 and $20,000.

Altima - MSRP ranging from around $23K to $32K (depending on options), and selling for between $19,500 and $27,500.

Maxima - MSRP ranging from around $32K to $41K (depending on options; $3K more for AWD), and selling for between $27,000 and $36,500 ($3K more for AWD).

So we should be able to buy an improved (poor man's M45), more powerful, superbly equipped 7th gen Maxima for only a few K more than we currently pay, with AWD probably available for around an additional $3K.

Considering that the price of almost everything continues to go up, I feel the 7th gen Maxima will still be a bargain, when all the upcoming improvements are factored in.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:08 PM

I'm not really that into Toyota, I think they are are over priced and lack options, odd how I say that and own a V8 4Runner, the Avalon does not have blue tooth or an auxiliary input for an ipod, but back to the old people and Toyotas except for that it's weird cause I see lots of old timers in Corollas and Scions and then I see middle aged people in Camrys and Avalons and I see many Camrys and Avalons with rims and tint, dark tint.

The 7th Gen should be a sweet M35/45 variant with a 6speed manual and a 6speed automatic, please drop the CVT Nissan or leave it as an option, and if Nissan really does want a CLS like Maxima then Luxury, Comfort and Power are top on the list
Old 05-19-2007, 06:34 PM

Avalons are a nice car, who cares who else is drivng them, they look good, have lots of room, and decent power, put some tint, rims, etc. make it your own, and noone will think there is a old geezer driving in it.

Quick Reply: 2009 Maxima 7th Gen info 5/07