7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Teaser Pics of the 7th Gen Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 09:56 PM
SuPeRmOd

all these questions about the CVT, should have test drove it. it has a sport mode when you shift it.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:08 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Ok, so some are saying no VQ37, no 6spd manual, no AWD, no RWD then WTF makes this new Max a 4DSC that the 6th Gen wasn't??? With all these nah sayers I'm starting to think the 4DSC was photoshopped by someone other than Nissan.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:19 AM

STARR - Yes, the Accura RL has AWD, but several testing reports say the AWD on the RL is very average in every respect. With a base price over $46,000, I would think the AWD on the RL would be better than average.

For my money, the extra weight, resultant limitations on speed, increased complexity of repairs, additional initial cost, lower MPG, etc, etc, of the AWD limit its desirability for most driving situations. If I drove in inclimate conditions, especially wintry ones, or was off-road a lot, I could see the AWD as being a desirable option. But south of Atlanta, where I reside, I wouldn't have any real need for AWD.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:43 AM

i like where they took the maxima and im a maxima fan. nissan does a good job on building cars is what i care about. They then drop in the altima for the sporter model. As to options one will have to wait and see. Yes i would like AWD for the winter.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:31 AM

I can't wait to see the 7th Gen this Saturday at the NY Auto Show. Will take lots of pics. Maybe it's time to morph again
Old 03-17-2008, 07:32 AM
the org...not what it was

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
when was the maxima ever a sports car?

Never has, never will.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:08 AM

So far from the lines of the car, that looks amazing
Old 03-17-2008, 09:25 AM

I don't think it looks bad from the little that I can see from those pictures. I care more about what's going to be under the hood though.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:28 AM
schemes on chicks in his max.

Talking NEWS FLASH NEWS FLASH

I have news that i can guarantee no one else on this board has...I have seen the 2009 Maxima FIRST HAND..AND i can guarantee that none of you will be disappointed. As far as the specs go...UNKNOWN...As far as the look goes--> phenomenal. I love the changes all around. Looking at the car from the side (or better yet, the way the car looks and sits from the side) is absolutely amazing. Its NOTHING like the 6th gen..although i feel the only que it has taken from it is the roof line. The model that i saw was BURNT ORANGE, a model color limited to the 2004 maximas. It had chrome wheels and the wheels were nothing like the ones in the spy shots. Also, the back up sensors are gone and have been replaced with a backup camera. In addition to other cosmetic features of the maxima, the headlights and front end are spectacular. A lot of people have been stating Charger front end, but that is definitely NOT the case here..It is very GTR-ish. Its not pointed to the front like the GTRs but you can definitely see the similarities. I Swear, it is so beneficial to have a cousin working for Karl Malones Truck Services. The main thing i looked into on the maxima was through the wheels...I tried to see if i could get some information on whether or not it was front, rear, or all wheel drive and got inconclusive info. I also can not tell you of the interior on this maxima. The windows were tinted like limo tints. But the maxima in the color i saw looked great. Not only that but the overall posture of the maxima has greatly improved. I cant wait for you guys to see what i saw. and i for damn sure hope that it is the same model. OH and btw, there is another TRIM on the maxima...THis particular one had a trim that is very familiar to most of us 5th and 5.5 gen owners and down....Think and you'll know. with this being said, i think it may very well be possible that a manual tranny is lurking somewhere!!! As far as pictures go, NONE...For OBVIOUS reasons. I was only there when the car was being backed out of the trailer. The car had an even drop too might i add

Time: Saturday morning, 10:40ish

NOTE: I stayed up there in a hotel for another day because my cousin was telling me that another one of his buddies had just left the tennesee area with a load coming from Nissan. I was anticipating seeing what this one may have being that they all have the same drop off point. The CAR IS AMAZING guys..the only thing that may be disappointing is the specs..but for them to build a car this nice, they ought to have specs to match.. WIll keep you all updated. may not need to. Wednesday, everything i said will be confirmed by pictures. GUARANTEED!
Old 03-17-2008, 09:36 AM

oh and btw, if anybody has any questions non-spec related to the maxima, email me @ ccsumiller08@Yahoo.com. I will be more than happy to answer question in regards to the maxima's exterior. OH and i didnt see a 4dsc sticker either.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by MaximaInCT203
I have news that i can guarantee no one else on this board has...I have seen the 2009 Maxima FIRST HAND..AND i can guarantee that none of you will be disappointed. As far as the specs go...UNKNOWN...As far as the look goes--> phenomenal. I love the changes all around. Looking at the car from the side (or better yet, the way the car looks and sits from the side) is absolutely amazing. Its NOTHING like the 6th gen..although i feel the only que it has taken from it is the roof line. The model that i saw was BURNT ORANGE, a model color limited to the 2004 maximas. It had chrome wheels and the wheels were nothing like the ones in the spy shots. Also, the back up sensors are gone and have been replaced with a backup camera. In addition to other cosmetic features of the maxima, the headlights and front end are spectacular. A lot of people have been stating Charger front end, but that is definitely NOT the case here..It is very GTR-ish. Its not pointed to the front like the GTRs but you can definitely see the similarities. I Swear, it is so beneficial to have a cousin working for Karl Malones Truck Services. The main thing i looked into on the maxima was through the wheels...I tried to see if i could get some information on whether or not it was front, rear, or all wheel drive and got inconclusive info. I also can not tell you of the interior on this maxima. The windows were tinted like limo tints. But the maxima in the color i saw looked great. Not only that but the overall posture of the maxima has greatly improved. I cant wait for you guys to see what i saw. and i for damn sure hope that it is the same model. OH and btw, there is another TRIM on the maxima...THis particular one had a trim that is very familiar to most of us 5th and 5.5 gen owners and down....Think and you'll know. with this being said, i think it may very well be possible that a manual tranny is lurking somewhere!!! As far as pictures go, NONE...For OBVIOUS reasons. I was only there when the car was being backed out of the trailer. The car had an even drop too might i add

Time: Saturday morning, 10:40ish

NOTE: I stayed up there in a hotel for another day because my cousin was telling me that another one of his buddies had just left the tennesee area with a load coming from Nissan. I was anticipating seeing what this one may have being that they all have the same drop off point. The CAR IS AMAZING guys..the only thing that may be disappointing is the specs..but for them to build a car this nice, they ought to have specs to match.. WIll keep you all updated. may not need to. Wednesday, everything i said will be confirmed by pictures. GUARANTEED!
Thanks for the info! How did the headlights look on the car as a whole? No pics from camera phone??? Can't wait to see it in person this Sat.

Last edited by MaximusMorpheus; 03-17-2008 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:06 AM

soo sine those headlights do look like the Z's...does it look like it have the leds?
Old 03-17-2008, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by irish44j
I can also hope that I have a threesome with Heidi Klum, Elle MacPhereson, and Naomi Campbell, which is probably more likely than what you posted
And I hope you will learn addition lol
Old 03-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by adamsanders
And I hope you will learn addition lol
Maybe he isnt participating
Old 03-17-2008, 01:31 PM

The headlights as a whole on the new maxima is like a cross between the 5.5 gen and the current gen acura TL...The headlights look like they belong and appeared to be accented with some type of chrome stripping outlining the assembly. it could have just as easily been some kind of reflective tape as well though. on the maxima itself as far as aggressiveness goes, the headlights are very demonesque. Meaning it helps add to the fierce look of the front grill (which is by FAR superior than any previous gen maxima)
Old 03-17-2008, 02:45 PM
SuPeRmOd

i see a projector. that is nothing like the 5.5 gen.

i wonder if you saw a GTR?
Old 03-17-2008, 03:09 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Actually if you look at the camo shots you'll see the same line that runs the length of the car like the Infiniti M rendered photo.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:22 PM

i see a projector. that is nothing like the 5.5 gen.

i wonder if you saw a GTR?
The TL has a projector.....I referenced the 5.5gen in reference to how the body of the headlights "wrap around" the side of the body of the max.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:35 PM

MaximaInCt203 - We are essentially a cool bunch here on the ORG, and so there has been only moderate response to your news flash. But I assure you I am not the only one here making judgements on the veracity of your report (I am now convinced you are legit) and grasping for every tidbit, very excited about the new Maxima, and having that excitement raised even further by your very favorable reports.

Well, time for me to go back and read your report once more, being careful to try to spot any morsel I may have overlooked during previous readings. By the way, thanks for sharing!
Old 03-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by DanNY
Exclusive Official Teaser Pics of the new 7th Generation Maxima!

Tell me this spy shot from Japan doesn't have similarities to the Max, especially the headlight!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 06:42 PM

It is similar, but the tails are different.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:02 PM
SuPeRmOd

those are pics of the Z

someone already mentioned both headlights might be similar.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by AllBlackMax
Now thats what I'm talkin about. But I doubt if it did run 13.9 or 14 flat that would satisfy the haters.

Imma be honest with you guys though, CVT is an absolute turn off and I won't even consider the next gen Max if it's the only option.
if they want us to think it's a new 4dsc then i don't see how they could possibly limit you to two pedals.

and the pics here aren't the same car as the teaser pics. besides the pics i linked to look like a 5th gen camry se or an avalon xls
Old 03-17-2008, 07:41 PM
aka The Doom Ship

I honestly feel like a kid 2 days away from Christmas.

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
MaximaInCt203 - We are essentially a cool bunch here on the ORG, and so there has been only moderate response to your news flash. But I assure you I am not the only one here making judgements on the veracity of your report (I am now convinced you are legit) and grasping for every tidbit, very excited about the new Maxima, and having that excitement raised even further by your very favorable reports.

Well, time for me to go back and read your report once more, being careful to try to spot any morsel I may have overlooked during previous readings. By the way, thanks for sharing!
Old 03-17-2008, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by alicious

Never has, never will.
I <3 U lol
Old 03-17-2008, 08:19 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by Blkmagic
I <3 U lol
you know he's a guy right?
Old 03-17-2008, 08:40 PM
keep it metal

i don't like the wheels
Old 03-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

you know he's a guy right?
Almost had another noob fall for it...
Old 03-17-2008, 11:55 PM

got to second that

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Gone is right as usual. Most vehicles gradually grow larger, heavier and more powerful over time.

Having owned several early generation Maximas, as much as I loved them, I yearned for more room inside. Gradually, each generation has given us a tad more room. I feel the room in my 5th and 6th generation Maximas is just about right.

Those wanting RWD need to dig deeper into their pockets and slide over to Infiniti. Those longing to return to the 'under 3500 pound and smaller' vehicle need to test-drive smaller vehicles such as the top-rated 3.5 Altima, or the (gulp!) Accord or (ouch!) Camry.

If all the wishes of all the posters here were to be granted, the new Maxima would be a strange and convoluted concoction costing over $100,000 and would please nobody. Call me Pollyanna, but I am very excited about the 7th generation Maxima.
my first car was a 1992 nissan maxima and that car was the truth. i have been in every one since and seen the improvements. fourth brought more room and more convince then the 5th brought back the power then the 6th is a moms car had the power but focus more or moving up the scale and tryin different things. with them bringing back the 4dsc logo and most talks about it going back to its roots.(3rd gen) i can bet it will have the all-wheel drive and the power that was forgotten about in the 6th and the maxima will be a japanese alternative to the G8 and Charger and 300C ( well maybe not all that) but point blank it will have

1. Power at aleast 290 to 300 from the 3.7
2. All wheel drive
3. CVT transmission
Old 03-18-2008, 05:34 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Old 03-18-2008, 05:38 AM

WOW! Good find! There it is. I love the interior and the front of the exterior, still holding judgment on rear though. Kinda looks like a camry from rear???

Resembles an Infiniti, classy but muscular, I like that

Last edited by MaximusMorpheus; 03-18-2008 at 06:13 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:44 AM

Whoa! Nice! Looks great!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:54 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

2009 Nissan Maxima, Revealed!

***OOPS! Sorry, didn't realize these shots had been posted!***

***Wait, we've got three more coming online at Jalopnik in a moment!***
Old 03-18-2008, 06:00 AM
Yahhhhhhh

wow. I like the exterior styling....But monster truck FTL........

EDIT: I'm not really liking the bottom part of the headlights. I like the curves of the car but the back is still huge.

Last edited by Majestic; 03-18-2008 at 06:05 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:10 AM
aka The Doom Ship

The interior looks amazing. Gotta let the exterior sink in for a minute...
Old 03-18-2008, 06:11 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Old 03-18-2008, 06:13 AM
Yahhhhhhh

Originally Posted by 05SmokeMaxx
Not feelin that angle
Old 03-18-2008, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by 05SmokeMaxx
Plenty of room for intercooler, hmmmm

I like the honeycomb texture in between the chrome slabs on the grill, nice touch

Last edited by MaximusMorpheus; 03-18-2008 at 06:20 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:17 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Old 03-18-2008, 06:25 AM
aka The Doom Ship

I offically love the new look of the Max. It actually looks smaller than the 6th Gen. Grill is perfect. Alot borrowed from the G35 sedan. YES! The hood of the car screams RWD; seems like the engine is actually centered in the middle.

Quick Reply: Official Teaser Pics of the 7th Gen Maxima