7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how would you configure the 09 maxima?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 10:26 PM

how would you configure the 09 maxima?

i thinking a blue on grey sv fully loaded with the blacked out roof and the 19inch rims. then going to talk to this company about making a carbon fiber mold for the hood and trunk. i'm thinking customizing wize you can do alot on the outside. another anyone notice it has a 8 shape looking from a top veiw
Old 04-30-2008, 11:25 PM

gold4dsc - Nissan commented somewhere that they wanted to move the wheels/fenders further to the side, so they would have more emphasis than the body. They felt that was one way to lessen the 'bulbous' look the Maxima was beginning to have. They also used the words 'coke bottle' to describe the appearance from above. Yes, like you, I would say I see an '8' shape from above, and I really like it.

I plan to get the better-equipped SV with leather, fog lights, outside mirror turn indicators, etc, and add the Premium package with the new dual panel moonroof. That way, I get all the bells and whistles, including the heated steering wheel, which is a requirement for my gnarly old hands. Living in the sunny south, I will automatically opt for the frost interior, and have narrowed my exterior color choice to either silver (I have owned four silver Maximas) or white (contrasts nicely with the black roof).

I also want the 19" wheels, which are part of the Sport package. Early specs would indicate the new dual panel moonroof and the 19 inch wheels are part of different packages, but I saw a pic of a car with both, so there must be a way to get both.

I will, as usual, make and add 1" wide, 1/2 " thick rubber molding to install around the outside edges of the full length of all four wheel wells (ding protection), add drip shields above all windows ( I can leave the windows cracked on hot days without a sudden rain getting in), and am considering adding a stylized rubber side molding along the side for ding protection (The 7th gen is the first Maxima with no protective strip along the side. That is just as well, as the strip had become so thin as to serve no real purpose). But I will have to think carefully about the rubber side strip, as I don't want to ruin the great sculpting Nissan has put into these sides.

I will need to have a copy of the official brochure before finalizing the details. I always enjoy 'designing' my Maxima.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 04-30-2008 at 11:47 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:38 PM

I want the sportier Maxima, as of right now I don't know if it's going to be the S or SV. I know that the sport model is the one that the rear seat has the opening in the middle and not the one were the whole seat bends forward. I also want the dual moonroof, 19 inch wheels, navigation and, Bose system with the hard drive. I don't want the eucalyptus wood trim, I would rather have the carbon fiber looking one. Being in Texas I definately need the AC/heated driver seat since the color I want is Super Black with black interior, and like lightonthehill I would also like the heated steering wheel for the winter. I will also take the XM and XM Navigation but hope that the Sirius/XM merger goes through so I can get the best of both worlds. I hope Nissan comes out with pricing info soon, so we can builld and see quotes and not speculate as to what will be available and for what price.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:20 AM

Leather, Nav, Glassroof, 19's, loaded, kinda feel like this 7th gen loaded up is gonna be under 40k, at least an MSRP of 37/38 for everything
Old 05-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Precision Grey / Cafe Latte SV, Premium pkg which has the pano roof and will order Navigation. Basically a fully loaded car. Working with dealer for possilbe July delivery.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:02 PM

the absolute base model with no options what so ever. I am not a baby I dont need a bunch of dumb crap.

jk
Old 05-09-2008, 02:17 AM

I'd get the radiant silver w/ black leather interior, with the sports package. Not going to worry about the wheels because there's always aftermarket.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:08 PM

i would get the 09 max in white with tan leather interior. I would make sure to get the technology package with internal hard drive... Dual moon roof would be a must with sport package.

The first mods i would get would be limo tint and lowering springs...

i hope the suspension is some what similar to the 6th gen max when it comes to springs and struts...

After those 2 mods, rims and tires would come next...

then i will be contacting bluebatmobile for some headlight overlays, to help pretty up the new max's eyes....
Old 05-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I want mine in red with tan or black leather with all the bells and whistles... get some chrome rims, tint, and personalized license plates!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 07:56 AM

I'd like mine to be Grey with a light grey interior and fully loaded. One thing I dont like is the wheel gap so the drop spring would be the first mod I would do to it. My opinion has not chaged about this car it's really the test drive that going to make me decide wether I buy 09 Max or 03 M5, I'll know soon for sure.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:56 AM

who knows...
Old 10-06-2008, 07:37 PM

Fully Loaded!

Prem+Tech
Old 10-06-2008, 08:54 PM

I got it with Sport but if it was on the lot I would have gone Sport+Tech
Old 10-07-2008, 07:35 PM

im jealouse

i have to wait a few more months. then its go time.

Originally Posted by mls277
I got it with Sport but if it was on the lot I would have gone Sport+Tech
Old 10-08-2008, 08:06 PM

Yea I waited a year before I made any decisions. I bet you'll get a nice price if you wait a little because they are coming down off sticker pretty strong already.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:59 AM

I got mine by working strictly with the Internet Sales Department.
Very good experience with them.

$33K (Precision Gray Sport/Tech Package)

e.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:16 PM

Great deal for 33. I got 32 without tech.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:52 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by e...
I got mine by working strictly with the Internet Sales Department.
Very good experience with them.

$33K (Precision Gray Sport/Tech Package)

e.
That would be my configuration... Would never even remotely consider a non-Sport and the Tech package is highly likely.

I am still in the air about color... Precision Gray/Dark Slate/Black is a tough choice for me, with silver, red and even white as lesser possibilities. Black is really my first love, but I'm afraid it will accentuate the overdone chrome (my only real beef with the 7G exterior). But I still have almost two years before my '07 lease is up so, who knows... I can still dream for the return of a de-chromed SE package.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:18 PM
reb

Just make sure your car has the auto steering column lift feature. Otherwise you may hit your knee on bottom of column everytime you exit vehicle.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:55 PM

Black on Black SV Sport+Tech hopefully 6mt if they do it next year..heres my problem..I want the premium lighting,cooled seat and rear controls from the premium package as well and I dont want the rear wing...once i get it i'll mod it to play dvds in motion,yellow capsules in fogs,15% tint,1 10'' w6v2 added to stock setup,better tires,upgraded suspension and brakes...may change wheels but i doubt it..oh yeah and a short shifter..
Old 10-28-2008, 07:37 PM

i hear ya...

I'm with you on wanting the sport. I like the sport model the most, but I NEED the cooled seats. also, gotta get the tech package for the hard drive alone!

Originally Posted by rteenie22
Black on Black SV Sport+Tech hopefully 6mt if they do it next year..heres my problem..I want the premium lighting,cooled seat and rear controls from the premium package as well and I dont want the rear wing...once i get it i'll mod it to play dvds in motion,yellow capsules in fogs,15% tint,1 10'' w6v2 added to stock setup,better tires,upgraded suspension and brakes...may change wheels but i doubt it..oh yeah and a short shifter..
Old 10-28-2008, 07:44 PM

I should have gotten the tech package but when youre staring down 30k+ every 1k-2k off you can get sounds darn good. My 'have to haves' were SV and Sport package....tech was something i could add later, but in hindsight I should have got one with tech. If they HAD a tech +sport on the floor I would have got it, but since they didn't I took the chance to save a bit of cash. Is tech REALLY needed? No...it's just Nav, a hard drive, and a backup camera, but its nice to have.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:08 PM

i wonder how much trouble theyre gonna give me when i tell them to order me a car with sport+tech and all premium options except double roof....
Old 10-28-2008, 08:41 PM

i wonder how much trouble theyre gonna give me when i tell them to order me a car with sport+tech and all premium options except double roof....

its not gonna happen... its either or
Old 10-28-2008, 08:48 PM

its very possible
Old 10-28-2008, 09:01 PM

nissan stated that they were making the two packages distinguishable from one another... if u noticed the build your own max on the site, when u select premium options the sport options are removed and vice versa.. unless u plan on forking out the extra dough and the dealer is gonna help out... trust me i wanted the premium without the wood trim.. i wanted the piano dot trim but they said it wasnt possible...
Old 10-29-2008, 12:44 AM

rteenie22 - Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no earthly way you will be able to order anything even close to that combo, whether on line or through your dealer.

This is not only a Nissan thing; this situation would be true for almost any auto manufacturer. The days of 'buffet' car building are long gone. In fact, picking and choosing the way you have in mind was never really possible with any vehicle with as many dozens of features as the '09 Maxima. My wife could not even order her Ford truck without the stripes that were standard on the truck she wanted.

Several of the Maxima's Premium package options are mutually exclusive with several of the Sport package options. Even if they weren't, we are very limited in which options we can order outside the standard packages.

Sorry.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:36 PM

Yeah a lot of the sport package options arent even "sporty". They are just upgrades in general. I'd go Sport/Tech if I could do it over again, but even SV + Sport has been awesome for me.,
Old 10-29-2008, 05:47 PM

its possible...you just have to know a regional manager for the mfg..did several customs when i worked for chrysler...the regional mgr for Nissan will be at my city's store next week....so we'll see
Old 10-29-2008, 08:32 PM

black on black with a 6MT...doh
Old 10-29-2008, 08:49 PM

my man....thats my dream car...
Old 10-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Can't You Turn the Premium into a Sport Package?

Hi,
Great forum BTW! I test drove the both the Sport SV and the Premium SV and even thought it was one test drive the Sport felt tighter and more responsive, if only slightly. I'd like to have all the interior features of the Premium, but the handling of the Sport so I left thinking why can't someone buy the Premium and then have the dealership (or local garage, or myself) add the better springs, bigger rims/tires and tighter shocks that come with the Sport? Wouldn't that be the best of both worlds? Especially if you use the parts that come with the Sport?
Old 10-29-2008, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan
Hi,
Great forum BTW! I test drove the both the Sport SV and the Premium SV and even thought it was one test drive the Sport felt tighter and more responsive, if only slightly. I'd like to have all the interior features of the Premium, but the handling of the Sport so I left thinking why can't someone buy the Premium and then have the dealership (or local garage, or myself) add the better springs, bigger rims/tires and tighter shocks that come with the Sport? Wouldn't that be the best of both worlds? Especially if you use the parts that come with the Sport?
one reason why the premium would never be as good as the sport is the dual panel sunroof.. the structural integrity is not the same as the sport package... i opted for the premium package because i wanted all the bells and whistles.. i don't plan on driving my car like a race car... i plan on getting from point A to B and maybe C while looking good.. plus gas is tooo expensive to be racing all over the place.