7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My dealer is getting one on Friday!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 05:42 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

damn...

same price as a G35.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:33 PM

$42K? Even with Premium Package PLUS the Premium Tech Package, the price was only around $38K. What else can be added? Is the Nav added on top of everything else?
Old 06-25-2008, 06:41 PM

You can still add the Sports Pkg. which is an additional $2300.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:50 PM

MajesticMax02 - Can you add the Sports Package ON TOP of the Premium Package? Several parts of those two packages overlap, and other parts go in different directions.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:55 PM

My goodness, I'm gettin a bit nervous now. I don't want a loaded one or anything, but geez. Anyone know if the SV comes standard with leather or is there a package you have to get in addition to the standard SV model? There must be something that you get standard with an SV as compared to an S since there is a couple thousand $ difference between the two. The base S is $29,250 and I think the base SV was said to be $31,900 or so.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:06 PM

My dealer had three:

SV with Sport Package (may have bluetooth): $35,500.00
SV with Bluetooth: $33,300.00
Didn't have a price on the third. At anyrate, on with the show:

Old 06-25-2008, 07:07 PM

Old 06-25-2008, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by MajesticMax02
You can still add the Sports Pkg. which is an additional $2300.
You can get EITHER the Sport OR the Premium Package.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:25 PM

Hurricane434 - Have no fear; the SV does include leather, and I would expect to be able to sneak out the door in an SV for no more than $30K by late this fall.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Hurricane434 - Have no fear; the SV does include leather, and I would expect to be able to sneak out the door in an SV for no more than $30K by late this fall.
Thanks. I really need a car now....and really been itchin' for a new one too!! I'll just have to see what the dealers want. I don't know how long I can hold off! hehe
Old 06-26-2008, 06:37 AM

lightonthehill...
Yes, you are correct. You can either add the sports pkg or premium pkg but not both. I see it on NissanUSA now.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Hurricane434
Thanks. I really need a car now....and really been itchin' for a new one too!! I'll just have to see what the dealers want. I don't know how long I can hold off! hehe
If you can wait i would suggest it. With the economy being crap, 09 prices increased a bit, and "requiring premium" it may help us more if we wait.

Nissan is expecting a slow year.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/25/n...for-the-worst/
Old 06-26-2008, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by DubbedQ45
If you can wait i would suggest it. With the economy being crap, 09 prices increased a bit, and "requiring premium" it may help us more if we wait.

Nissan is expecting a slow year.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/25/n...for-the-worst/
Yea, I will wait a little while for them to come down at least some. No way I'm going out now or even in the next few weeks trying to buy one.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:32 PM

Pix of Black Max at the dealership

http://www.pbase.com/dboogie/image/99291097/original

http://www.pbase.com/dboogie/image/99291099/original

http://www.pbase.com/dboogie/image/99291156/large

http://www.pbase.com/dboogie/image/99291192/original

All I can say YEOW!! This thang is sooo gorgeous!!! The paint is so wet looking it looks like they just finished dumping a bucket of paint on it!!! Its unbelievable. I've seen pictures of the car in magazines and on the net, but let me tell you pictures do not do this car justice.

One concern I had about the 2009 Max was back seat room. I'm 6' 1" and the first thing I did was set the driver's seat where I was comfortable and then jumped in the back seat behind the driver. My knees didn't even touch the back of the seat! HONESTLY!! There is no problem at all with back seat leg room in this vehicle. Head room was no problem at all either. The drivers seat fit as if it was made especially for me. VERY comfortable. EVERYTHING IN THIS CAR GETS THUMBS UP FROM ME. The materials that they used for the interior are all top notch...vast improvement over previous models.

I wasn't allowed to test drive the vehicle, which pissed me off, so I can't comment on the ride aspects. The trunk seemed smaller than my 2002 and it appears as though the gas door is not lockable... I just pushed in on the door and it popped open (didn't see a gas door release lever in the car either).

I would've taken more pix but the battery on my camera died.

If you get a chance please go by your local dealership and see this thing in person. You want be disappionted
Old 06-26-2008, 05:15 PM

Big car...too much money...would rather have a GTI....

I had pretty much convinced myself and I've seen the 2009 Max in almost every color....almost every color.

This car was made for black. Beautiful, just beautiful. I can't believe how good it looks in black. Thanks for sharing those pics (and probably costing me an extra 10K on my next car).
Old 06-26-2008, 05:23 PM

Sweet photos dude...
I've yet to see a Blk w/ Blk at the dealers around my area. That thing is NICE!!!
I may have to rethink the Precision Gray w/ Blk one I was looking at.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:04 PM

2002 Maxima SE - A GTI? Not even in the same time zone with a Maxima. Consumer Reports says the GTI is not a reliable car. I rode in one, and it did not ride smoothly. The GTI is not as roomy as the Maxima. Zero to 60 in 6.7 seconds is fine by me, but not in the '09 Maxima's class (5.8 to 6.1, depending on who you listen to). For me, the biggest difference is in the styling; the GTI, except for the snappy grille, looks like an econobox, while the new Maxima makes me think 'M45'.

But then I realize I am prejudiced. I also realize times are tough, and many folks have no business buying a new Maxima at this time when a GTI will cost less, get them where they are going just fine, and get them there using less gas (smaller car), even though it does (like the Maxima) use premium gas.

I can see where this could be a tough decision for many folks.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:54 PM

One more Blak Max pix at slightly different angle

http://www.pbase.com/dboogie/image/99301156/original
Old 06-27-2008, 01:47 AM

dboogie - scrape the price sticker off the window, remove the tag from the front bumper, add window tint, and this baby is all ready to cruise in style.

I can't deal with black because of the unending heat where I live, but I gotta admit this '09 is a real eye-catcher in black.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:19 AM

[QUOTE=lightonthehill;6488666]dboogie - scrape the price sticker off the window, remove the tag from the front bumper, add window tint, and this baby is all ready to cruise in style.
QUOTE]

I'm afraid I'd I have to agree with ya on that!!! It is a stunning automobile. NOW, if I can only get a chance to test drive one. I'm gonna cut out of work super early today so I can hit a couple dealerships and hopefully get lucky enough to test one out.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:55 AM

dboogie...
I hear you on the test drive. I have been to the dealerships and test drives are not even an option unless you are a serious, potential buyer. He did let me crank it up though. Sounds powerful especially with those dual exhaust! Maybe in a couple of weeks when they get more inventory in they'll offer a test drive?! For now, I'm satisfied just looking at it in person...
Old 06-27-2008, 09:22 AM
SmokinMaxSE

That is going to be refreshing to look at when they hit the streets. Looks like the rear wheels have more wheel gap than the front. 6th gen has hydro in the front.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:03 AM

good job taking pics of 5.5Gen side by side with 09 Max to see how they compare...very nice pics of the black max!!
Old 06-27-2008, 02:17 PM

2002 Maxima SE - A GTI? Not even in the same time zone with a Maxima. Consumer Reports says the GTI is not a reliable car. I rode in one, and it did not ride smoothly. The GTI is not as roomy as the Maxima. Zero to 60 in 6.7 seconds is fine by me, but not in the '09 Maxima's class (5.8 to 6.1, depending on who you listen to). For me, the biggest difference is in the styling; the GTI, except for the snappy grille, looks like an econobox, while the new Maxima makes me think 'M45'.

But then I realize I am prejudiced. I also realize times are tough, and many folks have no business buying a new Maxima at this time when a GTI will cost less, get them where they are going just fine, and get them there using less gas (smaller car), even though it does (like the Maxima) use premium gas.

I can see where this could be a tough decision for many folks.
lightonthehill,

I'm not knocking it, I'm a supporter...just going through the thoughts I had of talking myself out of it...until I saw the Max in black.

I didn't say I was comparing the two. I've been thinking about getting a smaller, sporty car (due to the Max's size and thirst). I'd only consider the Max because I own one and really like the remake...just don't know if I need an M45-lite.

Thanks for your input on the GTI. I've heard the opposite from the GolfMkV.com board and have yet to take a test drive myself. Time will tell and I do like the Max in black!
Old 06-28-2008, 02:13 AM
*moderator*

Wow this thread took off, so a week delayed but my dealer got 2 in yesterday and sold one within 15 minutes to a couple looking to buy an Altima...

If the other one is still there I will be going to drive it tomorrow.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:54 PM

2002 Maxima SE - I didn't mean to come down hard on the GTI. It isn't a bad car, and is certainly more affordable and practical transportation than the '09 Maxima. Many folks feel it is a fun car to drive.

Based on the price differential, I realized you weren't directly comparing the GTI with the '09 Maxima, but were simply trying to balance and justify whatever action you may choose to take with the reality of having to 'pay the piper'. I am currently doing that in looking at homes. It can be tough.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:17 AM

2002 Maxima SE - I didn't mean to come down hard on the GTI. It isn't a bad car, and is certainly more affordable and practical transportation than the '09 Maxima. Many folks feel it is a fun car to drive.

Based on the price differential, I realized you weren't directly comparing the GTI with the '09 Maxima, but were simply trying to balance and justify whatever action you may choose to take with the reality of having to 'pay the piper'. I am currently doing that in looking at homes. It can be tough.
lightonhill,

No problem. We're all passionate about cars and I know how threads can get turned upside down when someone comes in and says "but car X costs less" and is in NO WAY comparable.

Yesterday I had the privilege to drive both. I was thoroughly impressed with the Maxima. It handled much better than my 2002 (with RSB and FSTB). Quiet and soaked up the hard bumps.

The GTI was equally impressive. I do worry about past reliability, but the recent changes from 2008 forward have gone a long way to curb that.

I'm waiting on the 2010 Maxima diesel and MT Jetta SportWagen TDI before making any decisions.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:56 AM

2002 Maxima SE - It is good that you are in a position to take your time with this decision. Several posters on this board are in situations where they have to decide very soon, and that can lead to mistakes and disappointment.

As the '10 diesel Maxima is not tied to a new generation, or even a 'half' generation, I would not be very surprised if Nissan began shipping it to dealers as soon as next spring. But then who knows* what may happen with the price of diesel fuel, and if/how that may impact Nissan's diesel Maxima release plans?

* I am using the terminology 'who knows' rather facetiously; I have been on record on several online boards since last fall as saying the price of diesel and all grades of gasoline will be above $10 a gallon by the end of 2010. It may happen even sooner. I say that because the amount of fuel America might save by increasing the efficiency of our vehicles and reducing our driving is infinitesimal when compared with the obvious fact China and India will be doubling their requirement for crude oil every year for the forseeable future. Even if we permitted drilling on the front lawn of the White House, the Middle East countries all went to maximum production and there were no conflicts disrupting the oil flow (don't count on either), there won't be close to enough.

As one who thoroughly enjoyed countless coast-to-coast drives, and cruising Santa Monica Boulevard and Malibu Beach in the 1950s and 1960s, I find it depressing to realize those times may soon be gone, right along with my old favorite - Route #66. Oh, well; at least my long hours sttting in traffic on short, affordable trips will be in the best car I have ever owned: that will forever continue to be the latest generation Maxima.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:05 PM

so I stopped by my local dealership, and they have their one... no test drives, not for sale.

Their salesmen are so stupid, I swear, I knew more just from reading our site then this guy did.

However I did get a shameless plug in for the .org. He asked me how I knew so much as he had no idea what packages had what option. All he knew was that the premium package had the roof and the sport package had 19" rims.
pathetic.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:19 PM

Blulites - Gotta cut the poor sales folks a little slack. Most of us ORG folks are not deeply knowledgable on Frontiers, Pathfinders, Armadas, Xterras, 300Zs, Versas, Muranos, Sentras, Altimas, Titans, Rogues, Quests, or any of those seemingly endless other Nissan vehicles whose names I can't even remember. But the poor salesman has to know them all.

More than that, the salesperson you dealt with may have been selling Mini-Coopers in Minnetonka or Jaguars in Jacksonville last week. Add to that the fact many souls wandering the lots trying to sell cars have failed at every other job they tried, or are not qualified for any other job, and are literally at the bottom of the barrel, career-wise. We need to curtail our expectations.

This is why I research every facet of a vehicle I am considering purchasing. I know better that to expect a knowledgable response from a salesperson to a technical or detailed question, so never ask them. In fact, I 'shop' by regularly checking nissanusa.com for the exact contents and MSRP of each Maxima as it is added to my dealer's inventory (this happens as the vehicle is being shipped from Smyrna, and the car will arrive at my dealer in a few days), submit my offer on a particular vehicle (by VIN #) to my dealer's Internet Manager (I've known her for over a decade), and it is either accepted or rejected. I will NEVER sit and quibble with a salesperson about the details or price of a vehicle again. I did that from 1949 until 1978. Never again.

Your dealer is like many others, especially smaller ones, in that they shined up their alloted '09 Maxima and placed it either in the showroom, or in a prestige space out front. Test drive? Maybe when a few more '09s arrive. Maybe.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Blulytes

Their salesmen are so stupid, I swear, I knew more just from reading our site then this guy did.
I stopped at a Cadillac dealership the other day to drive a CTS (my cousin works in the service dep't.) The salesman tried to tell me Nissan is retarding the timing to make the CVT feel like shift points.

As I mentioned in another thread, my dealer called and offered an all day test drive if I was interested. Maybe, as light says, invoice will get here sooner than we thought!
Old 07-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Project Ruby......

I have a buddy who works for the local dealer. I asked him if he's driven one. He said he loved it, everything about the car is great, has quite a presence on the road.

Tomorrow I'm going to go up there and check it out cross my fingers and maybe get a test drive. If not oh well, still fiddle around with one and get harassed by the sales guys.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:16 PM
*moderator*

Well I finally got my hands on a 7th gen. my dealer sold the first 2 before I could get there to see them. They got four more today and they let me take one home for the night! It's a fully loaded SV (in silver) I must say that I do love this car, the paddle shifters are pretty cool actually. And the car itself is fast enough for my needs. In manual mode it books to 60 nice and quick. Also the 'cooled" driver seat is really "cool" (pun intended) it feels like someone was dripping an ice cube down my back!!!

I'l post pics later on tonight or tomorrow....
Old 07-05-2008, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Mine is too, not until 3 -4 weeks

Just talked to another dealer about 75mi away, and he said 2 -3 weeks, BUT, asked if I was interested in the 2 door or 4 door
<---lol, then hes gonna ask you if your interested in the H.H.O model or Diesel.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:09 PM
*moderator*

Pics:

Well guys I took the car back this morning but let me say that it is awesome!! I am a sucker for a brand new car of course but this thing drives nice. I didn't have the sport package but did have the paddles and manual mode. This car moves and actually the CVT didn't bother me so much. I am into performance but am more of a looks styling type when it comes to my cars. So I think I could live with the CVT and paddle shift. The "simulated" sport mode is kind cool but defenitely is what it is. The NAV is super easy to use, my phone hooked right up no problem to the bluetooth, there's an IPOD plug in the center console along with RCA inputs...sweet! The seats feel great especially the cooled driver's seat, mmm. The glove box I noticed was HUGE, looks like you could fit your laptop in there (seriously) Push button start cool, center channel for the stereo, again cool. The back up camera displays a "guide" I guess, and as you start to turn it shows you where the car will end up, pretty neato!

Once I got back into my car though I felt right back at home!!

Here's pics:

Old 07-06-2008, 02:10 PM
*moderator*

Old 07-06-2008, 02:10 PM
*moderator*

Old 07-06-2008, 02:11 PM
*moderator*

Old 07-06-2008, 02:12 PM
*moderator*

Old 07-06-2008, 02:55 PM

Damn, great pics of the maxima, 19in. wheels look better imo...

Have not got to see an 09 maxima with HID's yet, maybe soon...

Quick Reply: My dealer is getting one on Friday!