7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

OK, Who Bought One? What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 10:36 AM

Talking OK, Who Bought One? What do you think?

OK guys, I have been away for a couple weeks. I poked around some of the threads and have seen a couple people picked up 09's.

What do you think of them after a couple real miles not just a 10 minute test drive?
Any mods right out of the box?
Even though its a brand new car, how was the dealer with pricing since the auto industry is in the tank?

Throw up some pics!

Thanks guys,
Q
Old 08-01-2008, 11:19 AM

I picked up mine on 6-30-08, can't tell you what I paid because I got real good money for my 06 Max. SE had every factory option with 67,000 miles on it. I got a real good price on the 09, I buy alot of cars from his store. He ordered it for me when they allowed 2009 MY ordering. My 09 is black/ black Premium, nav, spoiler, mud guards, floor mats. The premium mood light that eveyone asks about is a little light that is in the ceiling door light assembly, on the right side near the middle, it looks like a hole, it shines down on the gear shift area. I have 2300 miles on it. It gets about 22 mpg to and from work and about 28 to 29 on the tollway at 70 mph. the engine turns between 2000 and 2100 rpm at that speed. Iwill be taking it on 2 road trips this month, I will let you know how it goes. The seats are alot more comfortable than the 06, the bottom cushions are longer and the drivers is extendable. I am 5'11' and 188#, fit very comfortable in them. the steering has been greatly improved, steer ratio is faster and the angle is sharrper to cut down the turn diameter. I will try to answer all your questions.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:59 AM

PICS!!
Old 08-01-2008, 12:07 PM

X2 Pics
Old 08-01-2008, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by johnsd2
I picked up mine on 6-30-08, can't tell you what I paid because I got real good money for my 06 Max. SE had every factory option with 67,000 miles on it. I got a real good price on the 09, I buy alot of cars from his store. He ordered it for me when they allowed 2009 MY ordering. My 09 is black/ black Premium, nav, spoiler, mud guards, floor mats. The premium mood light that eveyone asks about is a little light that is in the ceiling door light assembly, on the right side near the middle, it looks like a hole, it shines down on the gear shift area. I have 2300 miles on it. It gets about 22 mpg to and from work and about 28 to 29 on the tollway at 70 mph. the engine turns between 2000 and 2100 rpm at that speed. Iwill be taking it on 2 road trips this month, I will let you know how it goes. The seats are alot more comfortable than the 06, the bottom cushions are longer and the drivers is extendable. I am 5'11' and 188#, fit very comfortable in them. the steering has been greatly improved, steer ratio is faster and the angle is sharrper to cut down the turn diameter. I will try to answer all your questions.
Before you picked up your new Max, did you get a chance to test drive the sport model? The reason I ask is because if you did test drive the sport model, I wanted to know if you felt much difference in the suspension. Have you had any problems at all with the car? Any new car bugs? Overall do you think the quality of the car is almost Infinty like? What about the craftsmanship since these are now being built in Tennesse instead of Japan? Any other thing you can think of that we should know good or bad? Oh and congrats on the purchase.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by MAXIMAK99
Before you picked up your new Max, did you get a chance to test drive the sport model? The reason I ask is because if you did test drive the sport model, I wanted to know if you felt much difference in the suspension. Have you had any problems at all with the car? Any new car bugs? Overall do you think the quality of the car is almost Infinty like? What about the craftsmanship since these are now being built in Tennesse instead of Japan? Any other thing you can think of that we should know good or bad? Oh and congrats on the purchase.
My 04 and 06 max were the se models. I wanted to get away from the metal look interior trim. I drove a sport model, it did handle a litte better and had a stiffer ride, not by much, the big difference is that the premium model has the double moon roof on it and when it is open it lets alot of light into the car. It makes it feel more open and not so closed in. The other reason I took the premium model is because I drive alot and I was looking for more comfort. I cross shopped an Audi A6 and MB E350 both were in the 52,000 range equipped liked my Max. I have had no problems with the car. The only thing I have noticed so far is on the center console there is a seam line along side where it curves at a 90 degree to come across to the other side. Going from the passenger side to the driver side. It is about an inch down on the side. I is from the mold not being perfect. I had one on my 04 on the drivers door arm rest it was gone on my 06. The fit and finish has improved alot. It is about Infinty like. Remember if you live where it is cold the Max has the heated steering wheel unless they put it on the new G37 the Max has it beat in that area. The cooled seat works great and they have improved the A/C system. On my 04 and 06 I always had to leave the temps on 60 to keep the car cool no matter how long I drove it I would only turn down the fan. I had the system checked on those cars and everything was fine. On the 09 after the car cools off I can set it to 70 and turn the fan down and the car stays comfortable. I live in the Chicago area and it can get to 90 degrees and the humidity to 95% and the car stays nice inside.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:49 PM

Great info, johnsd2 - I have had trouble aiming the air when cooling my '04 after it has been sitting in the hot Georgia sun. The AC puts out tons of cold air, but when we have both front seats occupied (95% of the time), it is difficult to find an adjustment that doesn't blow cold air on either the driver or the passenger. The air bounces right off the windshield and into our faces. It sounds like the '09 may have made some improvements in the AC area.

We should be getting more folks here driving '09s soon. I saw a VIN in the 811200 range on my dealer's back lot, which means over 11,200 '09 Maximas have already been built. Probably half of those are still sitting on dealer lots, but that still puts probably over 5,000 on the road. We need those drivers on the ORG filling us in on their experiences.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:29 AM

Lightonthehill my vin is under way under that number, I will keep you informed if things come up on my road trips, I uaually try every thing out the first month of ownership. There are some rough roads in Il that I can go on to find sqeeks and rattles so far I have found none. The doors close now with a more solid sound, must have put more sound deading material in the doors. The car sounds better on hard acceleration.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:19 AM

My vin number is in the 8000 range. I picked it up Tuesday afternoon and have put about 200 miles on it.. so far so good!
Old 08-02-2008, 04:46 PM

anyone do GAB yet ?
Old 08-02-2008, 09:43 PM

damn no pics yet?
Old 08-04-2008, 09:55 AM

bought one about 2 weeks ago.

precision grey, premium pckg. talked manager down to $34,500

Old 08-04-2008, 11:41 AM

for some strange reason i have not seen a single one around here. its pretty disappointing
Old 08-04-2008, 12:27 PM

I have only seen like 2 in my city on the road, manager said they not really selling them like they should. I think thats why he gave me a cool ticket

bonus vid, i like this look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-5DIBT073c
Old 08-04-2008, 01:42 PM

I saw a white one parked at a house a couple of weeks ago. I haven't seen any on the road other than that. I just started seeing them at my local Nissan dealership a couple weeks ago.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:54 PM

I just put a down payment for them to locate a slate grey with charcoal interior. When I search the net there is only on 1 that I can find. I put in the order on Thurs. I stoped in on saturday to see if they have found anything. I am going to stop by again today. I hope that does not make me look like a pain. Oh and I got a great deal!
Old 08-04-2008, 01:54 PM

22"s really? what an f'ing joke. its a car, supposed to be a sports car, not an SUV
Old 08-04-2008, 03:13 PM

they have a slate grey/charcoal, sports pckg+tech pckg at my nissan dealer. its 38k i think
Old 08-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

did anyone who bought a maxima get a great deal on their purchase and if so do yall mind telling what yall purchased the car for. i tried to get one today and the dealer was not trying to budge one penny on the car. i really want this car but in new orleans the main dealer will no move on the price.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:33 PM

ill break it down. manager wanted 38k for the car + 2k above sticker so thats 40k now. First i said wasn't paying the 2k, then i said im only paying 34,500K no more than that. manager laughed at me said its new car only been on the lot a week yadda yadda. So i walked out and didnt go up there or call for 2 days. Dude called me 2 days later and said Deal. Went up there traded my 03 accord in, owed like 28k so i cut a check for 28 and now I outright own max.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hi all, I just got my 09 Max on Friday. I traded in my 04 with 100K miles on it. I did the dash kit from a guy up north (Led's changed to Blue) and after about 2 years they burnt out. I tried to contact the guy but NO GO! I ordered a new dash kit and changed it out. (Miles do change after used one showed up 95K to 47K I was honest with the dealer!). I have the 09 Mystic Jade (slight green) and got a wonderful deal on the car and they took great car of me. I did all the things on my old car 04 SL. Rear and Front Sway bars. Greedy SP2 exhaust, grills and Cold air instake, put 20's on it Chip Foose, along with dropped it with Eibach Springs. With all that said! I traded her in and after 72 hours with it, It's faster (given) than the 04 I had, and I would not look back. I paid (after trade in) 22K. The sticker on it was 38K. This is my 4th max and by far the best. No one is buying cars now so wheel and deal with them. Good luck and I will try and post pics. I have them change out my Foose rims to the new one, but the low tire pressure gauges needed to be changed out and it's 100.00 a tire. The dealer took care of it for me!
Old 08-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

slater and i hack 4 u did yall get the sport version or the premium version for the prices yall said ?
Old 08-04-2008, 11:29 PM

i got the premium, pics above
Old 08-05-2008, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by I Hack 4 U
Hi all, I just got my 09 Max on Friday. I traded in my 04 with 100K miles on it. I did the dash kit from a guy up north (Led's changed to Blue) and after about 2 years they burnt out. I tried to contact the guy but NO GO! I ordered a new dash kit and changed it out. (Miles do change after used one showed up 95K to 47K I was honest with the dealer!). I have the 09 Mystic Jade (slight green) and got a wonderful deal on the car and they took great car of me. I did all the things on my old car 04 SL. Rear and Front Sway bars. Greedy SP2 exhaust, grills and Cold air instake, put 20's on it Chip Foose, along with dropped it with Eibach Springs. With all that said! I traded her in and after 72 hours with it, It's faster (given) than the 04 I had, and I would not look back. I paid (after trade in) 22K. The sticker on it was 38K. This is my 4th max and by far the best. No one is buying cars now so wheel and deal with them. Good luck and I will try and post pics. I have them change out my Foose rims to the new one, but the low tire pressure gauges needed to be changed out and it's 100.00 a tire. The dealer took care of it for me!

I have a question. Are you saying that they changed the tire pressure monitoring system that came on the stock wheels/tires? That's one thing that I was wondering about. When the wheels/tires are changed to a bigger size, in your case from either 18's or 19's, to 20's does the same air pressure apply to the now bigger wheels/tires? I know that the tire pressure monitoring system is mounted inside the tire on the wheel itself. So did they put on a different one on your Foose wheels that measures for the correct air pressure for that size wheel? And you said that they charge $100.00 per tire, did they charge you that, or did they waive the fee since you just bought the car? By the way I bet those Foose wheels are clean huh? The reason I want to know all this is because I too would like to upgrade to 20's when I purchase my 09 Max and I was wondering if the stock tire pressure monitoring system was going to give me problems and what needed to be done to avoid the problems. Are you going to post any pics of the new ride?
Old 08-05-2008, 08:05 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

They paid for it. I guess they didn't know service was going to charge them 100.00 per tire back to the sales office. They did take the original tire values off the 19's and put them in my Foose rims. They did not have to adjust the system internally because it only went up one size. Yes they are sweet. I will post some pictures when I get a chance.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I bought mine 2 weeks ago

I went to my local dealer last Wed on a whim. They had a Tuscan Sun Sport w/Technology that had just arrived that morning. It was the car I wanted when I bought my 04SL but they didn't have it back then. I have bought several cars from these guys and they took real good care of me. They sold it to me for $1000 over invoice and gave me top value for my trade. This model is much better than my 04 and my 95 before it. I haven't completed the break in yet to really test it but so far I'm really impressed. I'm still getting a lot of "what is that" stares when I drive and questions when I park in public places. I'll post pctures of it soon.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:58 AM
brotherhood of tq

Originally Posted by Gemner
22"s really? what an f'ing joke. its a car, supposed to be a sports car, not an SUV
you are kidding right?
Old 08-05-2008, 09:18 AM

Well I got a call from the dealer yesterday that they are having a hard time finding the slate gray with a premium tech package. However they said they can get me a navy blue for delivery on thursday. Very excited to have the new car. I have not seen one on the road in my area yet. I prob see 10 or so the minute I pull of the lot.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:39 AM
SmokinMaxSE

Nice car. Is that a clear 3rd brake light on the rear deck? I've only seen the ones with spoiler's and those have red spoiler light.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:17 AM

Yes it is on the deck. I am thinking getting them to install a spoiler. I was wondering if then the deck third brake lite would then be removed?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Dr Eric
Yes it is on the deck. I am thinking getting them to install a spoiler. I was wondering if then the deck third brake lite would then be removed?
The dealer that I have been to removes the brake light on the deck before adding on the spoiler.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by I Hack 4 U
They paid for it. I guess they didn't know service was going to charge them 100.00 per tire back to the sales office. They did take the original tire values off the 19's and put them in my Foose rims. They did not have to adjust the system internally because it only went up one size. Yes they are sweet. I will post some pictures when I get a chance.
So they just put the tire pressure monitoring system on your Foose wheels, and did not have to make any adjustments? And the tire pressure on the 19's is the same as what the 20's are set to? I guess that's pretty cool it will make it easier for me once I purchase my Max. Can't wait to see the pics.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by MAXIMAK99
So they just put the tire pressure monitoring system on your Foose wheels, and did not have to make any adjustments? And the tire pressure on the 19's is the same as what the 20's are set to? I guess that's pretty cool it will make it easier for me once I purchase my Max. Can't wait to see the pics.
I'm not surprised they did not have to make adjustments to the pressure gauge. I get the feeling this is a rather basic system that simply alerts when the pressure drops below some point around 28 psi? If that is true, the gauge could be used in any tire in which the driver wishes to carry more than 28 psi.

There will come a time when the Maxima wil have a system that can display the approximate psi of each tire (including the spare) right on the dash. Being a psi freak, I would love that.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:17 PM

I got a dark slate sport, and love it! I had an 07 S4 that got 11 MPG and I was doing alot of driving. So with baby on way it was time to calm down and get some thing that got better gas MPG..
Old 08-05-2008, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Chio
I got a dark slate sport, and love it! I had an 07 S4 that got 11 MPG and I was doing alot of driving. So with baby on way it was time to calm down and get some thing that got better gas MPG..
Excellent choice, Chio, and welcome aboard the ORG. With this redesigned CVT in the '09 Maxima, you will probably get 27 to 30 MPG on open freeways. That is very good for a 3600 pound car with 290 HP.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
There will come a time when the Maxima wil have a system that can display the approximate psi of each tire (including the spare) right on the dash. Being a psi freak, I would love that.

Lightonthehill, there is a menu like that in the '08 Maxima with the navi option. I am a PSI freak too, and it was one of the big reasons why I opted for the navigation system in my 2008 Maxima. It tells you the approximate PSI in all 4 tires but not the spare. I'll take a pic of the menu tomorrow and post it up here so you can see.

There is also a digital MPG chart and a maintenance reminder menu as well. It is one of the few things I love about the 2008 Maxima.

I wish the 2009 Maxima didn't shrink so much. I had to put a few garbage bags of documents for shredding in my car for tomorrow and the trunk of my '08 Maxima just swallowed about 5 bags. I was impressed!

The specs say that Nissan shrunk the car 1.9 inches. I wish they would have just shrunk the Max only 1 inch. Oh well, it sounds like it is a fantastic car nonetheless.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Excellent choice, Chio, and welcome aboard the ORG. With this redesigned CVT in the '09 Maxima, you will probably get 27 to 30 MPG on open freeways. That is very good for a 3600 pound car with 290 HP.

thanks I really love the look of the maxima and the engine is wonderful. THe CVT takes some getting used to
Old 08-06-2008, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Chio
thanks I really love the look of the maxima and the engine is wonderful. THe CVT takes some getting used to
i agree, like when i first got it i went through a full tank fast, but know i kinda know the sweet spot between 75-80 mph, and i kinda know the shift points with that said a tank last me longer then when i first bought it.

by the way i hit a 1000 miles today

Last edited by slater; 08-06-2008 at 02:12 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:33 AM

Are any of you really using the paddle shifters. I like the idea I found them to be a fun option during the test drive. I find that I use the tap shifter a good deal in my G6 but then again I dont have CVT in the G6.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:30 AM

hows the a/c holding up in summer? do you have to crank it up to keep it cool in the southern states? and if there is any windnoise at 70-80mph.

Quick Reply: OK, Who Bought One? What do you think?