7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

OK, Who Bought One? What do you think?

Old 08-06-2008, 10:23 AM

A/C

A/C is doing just fine in very hot North Carolina.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:02 PM

it has been about 100 and ac is doing great
Old 08-06-2008, 01:55 PM
dot dot dot ...

Let's get an exhaust note. In for clips. And some engine bay pics, with said covers removed.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:41 PM

InfiNissanLover - I did not know about that psi availability with the '08 navi. Thanks!

You expressed concern with reduced trunk room. The shortened '09 actually is not losing much (if any) trunk room. In sitting in all four seats of the '09, and looking in the trunk, I have decided the 'shortening' was done mostly by putting a 2 1/2 inch deep recess in the lower two-thirds of the back of the front seats. That enabled a reduction in rear floor space without losing knee room for rear seat passengers.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just a quick note on my 09 max! Have you guy's seen the room in the glove compartment? It's HUGE! Even has a basic organizer. THe Trunk to me seems bigger in the 09 compared to my 04. Just my 2 cents. One thing I have noticed since I am 6'5 is getting into it I have to duck a little as my 04 I didn't have to turn my neck to get in.

As for the headlights I am impressed with them as well as the S Shape hood and sides. I have people coming up already asking what kind of car it is since I already did a little body work on it.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Bought mine 3 days after they released, was looking at the M35 and LOVED the maxima. Traded my 07 350z in - got the sport package with navi for 32,400. We also have a 04 maxima and the 09 is so much better. Here are some of my notes:
- Fit and finish are great close to the infinti line.
- Ride is fantastic and I get a lot of turned heads and "what car is that."
- The navigation is nice as is the iPod interface.
- The voice commands are limited in comparison to the infiniti's.
- Never used the paddle shifters - and probably won't.
- I like the CVT makes for a smoother ride in comparison to the 04.
- I do NOT like that fact that the driver (or someone with the FOB) needs to be in the back to open the truck - my 07 Z would let you open the truck so long as the car was unlocked
- The gas door - it is a push in - took a minute to figure that out AND the car must be unlocked to get to the gas cap (I do like that)
- Gas cap is super sensative - if you don't get 3 clicks the service light turns on
- Wiper blade is odd - it must be like 25 inches or something and curves - might be a pain to find replacements
- Bluetooth dialing is great - I recommend doing the voice training -helps when you have the air on
- Back seat is very nice (according to my co-workers) great for 2, good for 3 medium/small people
- Oh yeah the backup camera - EVERYONE says "that is awesome" when they see this
- 19 inch wheels - love the look - hate the fact that each tire is like $300

Put about 1200 miles on it so far and just got past the 1200 mile break-in period - now the fun begins. Getting like 24 in the city and about 30-32 on the highway. Let me know if you got any other questions.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
InfiNissanLover - I did not know about that psi availability with the '08 navi. Thanks!

You expressed concern with reduced trunk room. The shortened '09 actually is not losing much (if any) trunk room. In sitting in all four seats of the '09, and looking in the trunk, I have decided the 'shortening' was done mostly by putting a 2 1/2 inch deep recess in the lower two-thirds of the back of the front seats. That enabled a reduction in rear floor space without losing knee room for rear seat passengers.
Here are the pics lightonthehill. You can clearly see the menus in these pictures.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:17 PM

In sitting in all four seats of the '09, and looking in the trunk, I have decided the 'shortening' was done mostly by putting a 2 1/2 inch deep recess in the lower two-thirds of the back of the front seats. That enabled a reduction in rear floor space without losing knee room for rear seat passengers.

Yes, I saw the recess in the back side of the front seats of the '09 Maxima. I just found the new '09 Maxima to be a bit cramped for me and I am only 5'8'' tall. Nissan was right though, it feels like a cockpit. It surrounds you with all the instruments you are going to need to use. I haven't test driven it yet. I sat in it and turned it on. It does feel like it has a bit more quality than the outgoing model.

My '08 Maxima just feels more useful when compared to the '09 Maxima for some reason. I guess it must be the size difference to me. This is especially true after I put 5 garbage bags of papers for shredding and recycling in the trunk of my '08 Maxima and it swallowed those bags whole.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:19 PM

i got mined 07/03/08, pushing 3,000 miles, i luv the paddle shifters.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:26 AM
Project Ruby......

I'm pretty impressed by the fuel mileage you guys are getting!
Old 08-07-2008, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by I Hack 4 U

As for the headlights I am impressed with them as well as the S Shape hood and sides. I have people coming up already asking what kind of car it is since I already did a little body work on it.

Hack, what have you done already?
Old 08-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have only done three things. First is I removed all the nissan emblems from the back with a blow dryer and then I did tinted the windows and put on my 20 inch foose rims. I am working on the stereo system and seeing how I can integrate the nav/steering wheel with my sound system. I also have on order a bar grille for the front (1 pc) not the bottom piece yet. There is not much more I can do at this point since it's so new. Any suggestions?
Old 08-07-2008, 03:10 PM

looks nice, just not sure how I like those headlights.. A bit wierd...
Old 08-07-2008, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by I Hack 4 U
I have only done three things. First is I removed all the nissan emblems from the back with a blow dryer and then I did tinted the windows and put on my 20 inch foose rims. I am working on the stereo system and seeing how I can integrate the nav/steering wheel with my sound system. I also have on order a bar grille for the front (1 pc) not the bottom piece yet. There is not much more I can do at this point since it's so new. Any suggestions?
Pics! I would like to see how the 20's fill when wheel well
Old 08-07-2008, 05:07 PM

i want to see pics too!!

I'm pretty impressed by the fuel mileage you guys are getting!
thought youd like this, sorry for the big iphone pic
Old 08-07-2008, 07:58 PM

I'll have to get used to the exterior but the interior looks superb.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:37 AM

Lightonthehill, did you notice in the trunk, how they raised the rear speaker panel up to give more hight to that area of the trunk. On my first road trip of the month it was 322 miles from the western suburbs of Chicago to Rochester, MN. I averaged 70.2 MPH, it took 4H 35 Mn and the car used 11.4 gal. gas, so it got about 28 + mpg. My 06 took 12.4 gal to do the same trip on the same roads in the same amount of time. I know the math doesn't work out, the 70.2 and 4h 35m were off the car comp.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by johnsd2
Lightonthehill, did you notice in the trunk, how they raised the rear speaker panel up to give more hight to that area of the trunk. On my first road trip of the month it was 322 miles from the western suburbs of Chicago to Rochester, MN. I averaged 70.2 MPH, it took 4H 35 Mn and the car used 11.4 gal. gas, so it got about 28 + mpg. My 06 took 12.4 gal to do the same trip on the same roads in the same amount of time. I know the math doesn't work out, the 70.2 and 4h 35m were off the car comp.

johnsd2 - Interesting you mentioned the trunk. There have been several posters here lamenting that the shortened '09 means they won't be able to get as much in their trunk. When I looked in the '09 trunk, I never felt there was any volume reduction from my 6th gen. The trunk width and length have always been good in the Maxima, and now the improved height makes that trunk even more usable. The shortening of the '09 was done primarily by shortening rear seat floor space, and Nissan made this possible by recessing the back of the lower two-thirds of the front seats by a few inches, thus essentially keeping similar knee room as the 6th gen.

Your fuel experience on your trip is exactly what I had hoped for. I know these 'seat-of-the-pants' measurements are not exact, but they give a decent approximation. Where the 6th gen usually gave you around 26 MPG on this trip, the '09 gave around 28 1/4 MPG. I feel this is a result of two factors - (1) The CVT has no true shift points, which are an instant where the engine is using gas, but there is no accelleration happening, and even more significantly: (2) The flexibility of the new CVT allows it to let the RPMs drift down to 2000 and even a tad lower at 60 MPH, while most 6th gen drivers here seem to find their RPMs around 2100 at 60 MPH.

That second point (improved and more efficient CVT) is the primary reason Nissan was able to improve the '09 MPG by 1, even as they added 35 more HP.

Despite the early complaints about the grille and headlights and lack of manual, I think most folks who buy this '09 Maxima are going to love it.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:25 PM

I picked up mine this week. It has the Premium and Technology package. I love it! I still kept my '98 SE though. That car's been a champ. Sorry I only have one picture to share for now.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by slater
bought one about 2 weeks ago.

precision grey, premium pckg. talked manager down to $34,500

Now, Thats a car!
Old 08-09-2008, 09:37 PM

washed em down

Old 08-10-2008, 12:03 AM

slater and BigDawg -Two gorgeous and spotless Premiums! My mouth is watering. I may not be able to hold off buying my Premium till Thanksgiving. Keep us informed as to likes/dislikes with your new rides. Excellent photos. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

i just got mine a few day ago. i love everything about it. i am looking to put some wheels on it. does anybody know where i can go?
Old 08-11-2008, 07:00 AM

I just picked up mine on Thursday!!! I love it. I have already replaced the inter. lights with LEDs and the Fog Lamps I changed to HID's They give you HID in the head lamps but then they put halogens in the fogs. Looks much better now. Thinking about tint but I am not sure if I want to strip it off every 4 yrs for inspection.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:01 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Picked mine of 8/8. White w/ Tan. Premium + Tech. Added 20" Chrome & Tint. Loving it so far!

Old 08-12-2008, 07:16 AM

^^^^^ Now that's classy! More pics please!
Old 08-12-2008, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Bmore
Picked mine of 8/8. White w/ Tan. Premium + Tech. Added 20" Chrome & Tint. Loving it so far!

NOW THAT IS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

Im looking for the exact same setup. Frost with Prem+Tech. The glass\tinted roof is such a great contrast. Love it!! I also like how the 20's fit. Im going to be doing the same. I was worried they would look small with those new wheel arches.

Last edited by DubbedQ45; 08-12-2008 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:28 AM

Damn very nice!!
Old 08-12-2008, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by MAXIMAK99
^^^^^ Now that's classy! More pics please!
Old 08-12-2008, 08:37 AM

I have ordered the Winter Frost/charcoal premium/nav and it should be here in about 2 weeks! As if I wasn't going crazy enough waiting you have made it even harder to wait! I wanted to see what the window tinting would look like, I'm in! Enjoy your new gorgeous, classy ride!
Old 08-12-2008, 09:07 AM

I love mine I have been with audi for years and with my wife having a G35x i love this car. I think that it is a bold statement to put 19's on the car. the handeling is great i dont miss the S4 at all esp the 11 mpg i was getting on a good day. the gas man is not my best friend anymore!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 05:20 PM

That's what I want only in the sport/tech pack! I have never wanted a white car before, but this is by far the best looking color!!! And the way it emphasizes the little details that would be lost on a darker color!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

I can't wait!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 07:33 PM

I had two white cars i love white!!!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 07:46 PM

I have had mine 11 days now. First tank was 19.9 mpg, haven't had my foot in the second tank, averaging 25.8. I am pleased.
SV, Precision gray, Frost interior, Nav
Cut the resonators off today, doesn't sound any different at idle, somewhat meaner at full throttle.
Great car!
Old 08-15-2008, 08:43 PM

I absolutely love this car, it is still surreal to me that I own this vehicle. I upgraded from my 96 Honda Accord 4 Dr LX to a 09 Nissan Maxima SV SP. Of course there is a huge difference and my 96 Accord can't compare to this but I'm being honest that this car is amazing. Although I liked the new design of the Maxima, I was hesitant with the design of the rear but when I went to the dealership and saw this car in person it looks so much better, especially with the rear spoiler on it. I got the Sport Package that has the 19in alloy rims and spoiler upgrade and it's is so beautiful. I am one of the few, if not the only, person to have this car in my area so far, I see a lot of eyes and heads turning when I'm driving. The standard features are great and convienent to use, the seating is comfortable and so is the ride, A LOT of space in the rear for passengers (leg room), more than you think. The BOSE sound system is amazing and sounds great, steering is smooth as well as the handling. One of my favorite things about the car is when you push the start button and the engine starts it sounds so "aggressive" and when you punch the gas the thing sounds mean, but don't get me wrong, it's not loud and annoying, it's just... sporty. The only thing I do not like about the car is that the rear windows do not go down all the way into the door frame, when you put the windows down at it's lowest, the window is still 3-4 inches visible.

GOOD: powerful, comfortable, smooth, aggressive looking, beautiful, great features, BOSE sound system

BAD: when you put the rear windows down they do not go all the way into the door frame

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS CAR

Please feel free to ask me anything about the car, I'll try my best to answer it with accuracy, keeping in mind it is my personal opinion.
sorry, pics will be upped this weekend
Old 08-15-2008, 08:44 PM

oh by the way, it cost me $65 to fill up premium
Old 08-15-2008, 09:51 PM

if anybody needs any help with the dash, meaning taking it apart. im your man
Old 08-16-2008, 09:09 AM

I love my Max 09, everybody here just eyeball it everywhere I go, some guys from another station heard that I had a new Max and they just hung around it to get a glimpse of it, they loved it.

The next thing I'm doing is getting tints (20%) and a rear spoiler (I didn't like the Nissan one) after that it will be some mudguards and that'll be all for my ride because the interior is already pimped enough.

I kept my 03 Max (I love it too even with all it's shortcomings) but is it just me or does the 03 feel faster than the 09 (seat of the pants I guess)???
Old 08-16-2008, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by bk2k3max
I love my Max 09, everybody here just eyeball it everywhere I go, some guys from another station heard that I had a new Max and they just hung around it to get a glimpse of it, they loved it.

The next thing I'm doing is getting tints (20%) and a rear spoiler (I didn't like the Nissan one) after that it will be some mudguards and that'll be all for my ride because the interior is already pimped enough.

I kept my 03 Max (I love it too even with all it's shortcomings) but is it just me or does the 03 feel faster than the 09 (seat of the pants I guess)???
your 03 is lighter and probably has an initial better acceleration but the 09 is more powerful and faster in the end, and if you using the paddle shifters, then no, the 03 is not faster than the 09
Old 08-16-2008, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by landoniandeux
did anyone who bought a maxima get a great deal on their purchase and if so do yall mind telling what yall purchased the car for. i tried to get one today and the dealer was not trying to budge one penny on the car. i really want this car but in new orleans the main dealer will no move on the price.
$33k @ 7.50% for 60 months, $5500 down, and he threw in window tint, wheel locks, 2 year free maintenance (oil change and tire rotation)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OK, Who Bought One? What do you think?