7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much did you pay? *New car shopper*

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 10:14 AM

How much did you pay? *New car shopper*

I was gonna buy a salvage 06 off a guy around here selling cheap on a Saturday, but his stuipd partner sold it before he called me back on a Tuesday. So, I figure oh well, maybe I'll just get a new one. So....

I've checked them out at the local dealership and been looking online. I want the premium package and spoiler. I would like Nav, but since Metra is making a double din kit, I figured I'd through my AVIC in there, instead of paying for the Tech package.

So, what kinds of prices have you all been getting so far at the dealerships? There are a few dealers around here that are selling the S and SV with no packages BELOW invoice. I would jump on it, but if I'm buying new, I want to have what I want to have.

Anyway, I don't mind driving to get a good deal on a new car. Where are the cheapest new maxima's being sold around the country? What package do you have and how much did you pay? What option would you add/delete?

BTW, I'm presently in NorCal, but from the east coast. So, I will drive just about anywhere in between to get an excellent deal.

Last edited by smooth_caramel; 11-05-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:36 PM

$32k in mid-August, included sports package, window tint, 2 year maintenance package (oil change/tire rotation free).

Last edited by michaelle8885; 11-30-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:18 PM

32k September, SV + Sport.

I'd guess if you wait you'll get it for near 30k once incentives hit....we are buying when it's still "new".
Old 11-05-2008, 02:39 PM

man i wish i could afford a 7th gen.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by mls277
32k September, SV + Sport.

I'd guess if you wait you'll get it for near 30k once incentives hit....we are buying when it's still "new".

When is this supposed to happen? Only thing i've seen is 0.0% financing that ended monday. Are there cash rebates/incentives coming?
Old 11-05-2008, 03:58 PM

I just picked mine up yesteday. SV, Sport Pkg. $32,500.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:47 PM

36k sv premium + tech in the beginning of july
Old 11-05-2008, 06:51 PM

Beginning of October, I paid 26.6K for S
Old 11-05-2008, 07:11 PM

Wow....26.6k is great for a Maxima. Smarter than the rest of us!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:19 PM

under 30 is great
Old 11-05-2008, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bjs470
under 30 is great

yes, exactly!!!!

There is one listed around here for $26,900 in NorCal, but it doesn't have the options I want. I think that's an excellent price for this area, but I just can't do it.

I'd be upset later that I didn't get the options that I THINK I want.

Keep'em coming. I may have to make a drive across country for the xmas holidays!
Old 11-06-2008, 04:25 AM

I am planning on buying a SV with the technology package. My guess is that towards year end, the incentives will come out. It seems that Maximas can be had now for invoice or just below invoice. Nissan will need extra incentives to move year-end metal.

I am playing the role of a vulture circling overhead. But the dealer's BS continues! Yesterday, It was in a double wide dealership. By double wide, I mean a formerly Nissan - GMC or similar that has dumped the US product. There were Nissan models everywhere. I was literally the only customer. Salespeople were lined up outside to intercept the customers. Notwithstanding the evidence, the salesperson said their dealership was not hurting! I said I needed to find a hungrier dealership and left.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:39 AM

i bought my SV w/ sport & tech package for just under 33k (32.8k) before taxes last month. they also threw in the floor and trunk mats. the cheapest quote i got from a nissan dealership for the exact same car was 33.5k. i bought it through an auto wholesaler.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by DarkSlateMaxima
i bought my SV w/ sport & tech package for just under 33k (32.8k) before taxes last month. they also threw in the floor and trunk mats. the cheapest quote i got from a nissan dealership for the exact same car was 33.5k. i bought it through an auto wholesaler.
This is supercheap! Can you tell me who this auto wholesaler is?
Old 11-06-2008, 10:03 AM

its in queens, NY. in long island city. i was referred to him through a friend that gives him alot of business.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by CT Maxima
I am planning on buying a SV with the technology package. My guess is that towards year end, the incentives will come out. It seems that Maximas can be had now for invoice or just below invoice. Nissan will need extra incentives to move year-end metal.

I am playing the role of a vulture circling overhead. But the dealer's BS continues! Yesterday, It was in a double wide dealership. By double wide, I mean a formerly Nissan - GMC or similar that has dumped the US product. There were Nissan models everywhere. I was literally the only customer. Salespeople were lined up outside to intercept the customers. Notwithstanding the evidence, the salesperson said their dealership was not hurting! I said I needed to find a hungrier dealership and left.

As far as the incentives go, wouldn't they gear the year end incentives toward 08's instead of 09's?
Old 11-06-2008, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by smooth_caramel
As far as the incentives go, wouldn't they gear the year end incentives toward 08's instead of 09's?

He is talking about chronological year end sales quotas, not model year end.

Also, in many states, dealers have to pay a significant tax on merchandise on their lot at year's end, so usually lower prices additionally be the amount of that tax in late December in order to both help meet sales quotas and avoid having to pay the tax.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:59 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!

I found a dealer about 150mi away that has premium + tech w/floor mats for $33,499!!! I think that's good for here. Since I don't necessarily want the tech, it would be $1600 less. So I could get a 09 SV premium pkg for $31899!!!

That's better than the CarsDirect quote I got!

He didn't mention the spoiler though, I'm not sure if it's included or if he just forgot to add it into the quote. Either way, if I go with this one, I'll know for sure when I put in an "official" quote request.

Good price?
Old 11-06-2008, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
He is talking about chronological year end sales quotas, not model year end.

Also, in many states, dealers have to pay a significant tax on merchandise on their lot at year's end, so usually lower prices additionally be the amount of that tax in late December in order to both help meet sales quotas and avoid having to pay the tax.

Oh thanks for clearing that up. I'm debating now if I should wait for the clearances or take the one above
Old 11-06-2008, 04:09 PM

Looks good even with Tech....under 32 with premium sounds pretty darn good. I was 32 for SV + Sport
Old 11-10-2008, 09:42 AM

I paid absolutely ZERO DOLLARS and ZERO CENTS for mine, praise be to the Almighty GOD.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Got mine $500 under invoice....forgot exactly what that was

Mine has the sports package
Old 11-10-2008, 04:13 PM

http://www.fitzmall.com/Fitzway/Carf...htype=LOCATION

fitzmall has, usually, the lowest or almost lowest prices in the country. they seem to want a little over 27k for the cheapest model. i'd base it off their pricing

Last edited by pengwin; 11-11-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:04 AM

SV + Premium + Tech = $34,149 out the door on November 6th
Old 11-11-2008, 08:33 AM

out the door? wow. I HAD the best price. I was out the door at 34600 I wanna say
Old 11-11-2008, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by 09SV
SV + Premium + Tech = $34,149 out the door on November 6th
For clarity, does out the door mean that taxes, title, and the ubiquitous documentation fee are not included?
Old 11-11-2008, 11:04 AM

i just noticed i posted a bad link.

here it is fixed. http://www.fitzmall.com/Fitzway/Carf...htype=LOCATION

edited my previous post.

"Out the door price includes everything, including all fees, sales tax, registration fee, and license fees. Everything. "
Old 11-11-2008, 03:33 PM

Out the door means the total... taxes, tags, title, delivery charges, etc. The price on the bottom.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by 09SV
Out the door means the total... taxes, tags, title, delivery charges, etc. The price on the bottom.
Wow! The bloom is off the "new" car Maxima. Thanks for the benchmark.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by CT Maxima
Wow! The bloom is off the "new" car Maxima. Thanks for the benchmark.

The bloom is off almost every vehicle. Car dealerships around me are falling like the last leaves of Autumn. Dealers in the Atlanta metro area who have been in business over forty years are saying they have never seen business half this bad in their lifetime. Many big gas guzzlers are being advertised for five to ten thousand below inventory. I drive by dealerships around where I live, and the only way you can tell they are open is because the gates are open. The lots (even my Nissan dealer's lot) are deserted. This is beginning to remind me of the 1930s (yes, I was around during the 1930s).
Old 11-12-2008, 08:30 AM

Yes, it's the BAD 'ol days once again. If the domestic car industry fails, it'll be even worse for everybody, Nissan included. The 'out-the-door' pricing is hard to compare, particularly when you consider the different tax rates and licensing fees that we pay in each state. What's more accurate to quote in this thread is what you paid for your Max and add in any doc fees or other dealership tricks for adding to the bottom line.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:29 PM

Yes, things look dire for the auto industry right now. But should we bail out these companies? The AIG stuff has "my knickers in a twist!" Yes, the economy is in a free fall right now, and for many reasons. One of which is unions! The purpose of a union has gone from protecting the rights of a worker to defiling the rights of the consumer. The hourly rates and benefits granted to "assembly line" workers are out of scale (along with pro athletes, lawyers, etc.)! Unfortunately, however, should a major corporation such as GM fail, the ripple effect would decimate the middle class while the execs of the corporation would laugh all the way to the bank with their "golden parachutes"!

This should liven up this thread!
Old 11-12-2008, 07:43 PM

Car dealerships around me are falling like the last leaves of Autumn.

thats a funny *** saying.... lmao.... good one
Old 11-12-2008, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by liypfhe1
thats a funny *** saying.... lmao.... good one

Thanks for finding some humor in my plaintive bleatings.

I am not a big fan of Detroit products. I owned/drove nothing but Detroit products from 1949 to 1978, and there was hardly ever a time that something didn't need fixing on every car I ever had. I'm not sure Detroit really 'got it' back then.

I also remember that many of the kids I grew up with in the '40s dropped out of school and headed to Detroit instead of college, because they made more as an assembly line worker than many college grads were able to take home in professional jobs where I lived in the South. I'm not sure Detroit really understood the effect they were having on Southern families back then.

As late as this past spring, Detroit was still churning out a preponderance of big road hogs that were getting from 11 to 15 MPG, and many of their dealer lots were jam-packed with far more huge vehicles than they could possibly sell. I knew then that Detroit still had no clue.

There has always been a seldom spoken, but very obvious 'attitude' in the deep South, especially among older folks, against foreign vehicles. Some of the dealers here even have U.S. flags waving in their ads, and they sometimes slip in the phrase 'buy American.' Even back in the mid-1970s, when I was still driving only American cars, that turned me off.

I still see 'that look' (as in 'why aren't you supporting America?') in the eyes of folks my age when they see my Maxima. They don't seem to understand that their Crown Vic or Grand Marquis or G8 was assembled outside the U.S., while my Maxima was assembled in Tennessee by Americans using over 80% American-made parts. Sadly, their automotive knowledge became stagnant around the time the Terraplanes and Pierce-Arrows disappeared.

But I ramble.

Yes, it would be very bad for our entire economy (especially the automotive world) if the Big Three went under. But our government cannot afford to totally make up the many billions of dollars the Big Three are losing every quarter. And few folks are in position to buy anything they made anyhow. There is no easy fix.

At least I will have shoes to wear during this coming depression; during parts of the 1930s, I had no shoes.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:26 AM

Thanks for finding some humor in my plaintive bleatings.

I am not a big fan of Detroit products. I owned/drove nothing but Detroit products from 1949 to 1978, and there was hardly ever a time that something didn't need fixing on every car I ever had. I'm not sure Detroit really 'got it' back then.

I also remember that many of the kids I grew up with in the '40s dropped out of school and headed to Detroit instead of college, because they made more as an assembly line worker than many college grads were able to take home in professional jobs where I lived in the South. I'm not sure Detroit really understood the effect they were having on Southern families back then.

As late as this past spring, Detroit was still churning out a preponderance of big road hogs that were getting from 11 to 15 MPG, and many of their dealer lots were jam-packed with far more huge vehicles than they could possibly sell. I knew then that Detroit still had no clue.

There has always been a seldom spoken, but very obvious 'attitude' in the deep South, especially among older folks, against foreign vehicles. Some of the dealers here even have U.S. flags waving in their ads, and they sometimes slip in the phrase 'buy American.' Even back in the mid-1970s, when I was still driving only American cars, that turned me off.

I still see 'that look' (as in 'why aren't you supporting America?') in the eyes of folks my age when they see my Maxima. They don't seem to understand that their Crown Vic or Grand Marquis or G8 was assembled outside the U.S., while my Maxima was assembled in Tennessee by Americans using over 80% American-made parts. Sadly, their automotive knowledge became stagnant around the time the Terraplanes and Pierce-Arrows disappeared.

But I ramble.

Yes, it would be very bad for our entire economy (especially the automotive world) if the Big Three went under. But our government cannot afford to totally make up the many billions of dollars the Big Three are losing every quarter. And few folks are in position to buy anything they made anyhow. There is no easy fix.

At least I will have shoes to wear during this coming depression; during parts of the 1930s, I had no shoes.

Your posts are excellent.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:46 AM

Back on topic: anybody else who has recently purchased an '09 Max that cares to share what they paid? Has anybody tried VPP pricing yet?
Old 11-14-2008, 12:04 PM

Well, I was today at Nissan koeppel Northern Blvd .NY.

Those guys are crazy SV + Premium + Tech = $38,999 plus taxes, registration, etc.

I walked away, laughing.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:18 PM

Wow...38,999...what a JOKE in this economy. It's a NISSAN...for 39k plus tax title you better have the BMW logo or at least Inifinity or Lexus...32-33 for SV with Sport OR Premium with tech should be where these are selling, and it looks like thats the case. Try CT or NJ dealers
Old 11-14-2008, 02:27 PM

Mine came out to $33,788.
Precision Gray, Sport & Tech package...

This is through a dealer's internet sales department.
Had a pretty good experience working with them, and it looks like I'll be going this route for any future vehicle experiences...

e.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Yaco_Max
Well, I was today at Nissan koeppel Northern Blvd .NY.
Those guys are crazy SV + Premium + Tech = $38,999 plus taxes, registration, etc.
I walked away, laughing.

That was pretty much the way my dealer was dealing back in July. He even added a $3,600 charge above MSRP as 'Market Adjustemnt'. Like you, I walked away (but crying, not laughing). But with the recent collapse in our economy, things are vastly different. Intelligent dealers are painfully aware the customer is now in the driver's seat.

Today, I would not be paying over invoice plus a reasonable 'Dealer Service' charge of not more than a few hundred dollars. Thiis still gives the dealer profit in the Holdback (over $500), plus he sells a car, which he is finding more difficult to do every day.

As we can see from some of the posts in this thread, some dealers and new car outlets are now going UNDER invoice on the '09 Maxima.

p.s. - Thanks, rkurlander.

Quick Reply: How much did you pay? *New car shopper*