7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I was rear ended tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by 2002whitemaxima
come on u cant talk about something like that without pic's

the guy has just got his car hit/damaged.....why can't u all wait for a few posts before the pics come!!!

seriously...would posted pics be ure first 'post' if u wre hit?
Old 12-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tubells
the guy has just got his car hit/damaged.....why can't u all wait for a few posts before the pics come!!!

seriously...would posted pics be ure first 'post' if u wre hit?
actually yes. the SMARTEST thing to do in an accident it whip out your cell phone/camera and take as many pictures as possible. tire marks, damage, licenses plates, other cars in the area who witnessed the crash, anything that might pertain to you proving what really happened. otherwise it's your word against theirs, or if a LEO gets called his word/his interpretation of what happened.

i saw the pics. not horrible but very annoying i'm sure.

Oh and just to comment on stileproject, it has completely desensitized me to anything. i used to visit it often as a young boy who was easily impressed upon. If i wasn't 'stable' it could easily of pushed me over the edge(i even grew up for a bit in the midwest run!). however i'm going to put it to the test when i watch the most horrific TRUE movie every created today entitled: Philosophy of a Knife

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0961119/

talk about messed up.

Last edited by Torgus; 12-04-2008 at 09:07 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:05 PM

It is annoying to say the least. I have a friend who did take pics right after it happened and he has them. So far I haven't needed them YET.

I did manage to talk to the girl I hit and she said that she already talked to the defendants insurance and sent them an estimate for the damage to her car. She hasn't heard from them since. She knows what happened because of the amount damage on the defendants car and to the rear of my car. I haven't talked to them since 11/11. But I do have the claim reps number and the claim number. I'm about to get the Managers number too!

Yet, the defendants insurance is telling my insurance they will not take responsibility for the claim until they talk to her. So The very nice young lady has already called my insurance and left my claims rep a message.

The defendants insurance knows that their customer was responsible for this but they are trying to get out of it.

Umm, not going to happen!
Old 12-05-2008, 12:28 AM

damn that must suck that you have to share garage with another maxima.. yet alone yours had an accident.... i hate seeing other maximas on the road.. every time i see one i feel like the exclusiveness is slowly fading away.. so where did u take your car to get it repaired? not like i know the place or ther area that u r in.. just curios bc i feel like most places wouldnt know how to fix her up.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by liypfhe1
damn that must suck that you have to share garage with another maxima.. yet alone yours had an accident.... i hate seeing other maximas on the road.. every time i see one i feel like the exclusiveness is slowly fading away.. so where did u take your car to get it repaired? not like i know the place or ther area that u r in.. just curios bc i feel like most places wouldnt know how to fix her up.
It's at a body shop in southern MD that my insurance works with. I was supposed to get her back today, but I talked to the body shop manager and he assures me (along with Nationwide) that I should have the car by Tuesday evening the latest. I know they had to order the new parts, repaint and re-apply the pieces. It may have been more than they bargained for! LOL! The auto body shop is picking up the balance of my car rental since it took longer than expected. The guy said they fixed my power seat, but I will check that myself and if the seat still rocks, it's to the dealer for them to fix it and I'm not paying a cent. It's all going to go into a expense package that will be sent over to Hanover insurance, so they can "review" everything.

Hanover is still trying to get out of taking responsibility for the repairs, but I think Nationwide is ready to take them on.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:55 PM

I finally, after a month, got my car back this evening and it looks fantastic!!! Looks like it never was hit! I will be able to tell better in daylight if the paint totally matches, but so far it looks good. My only issue now is the power seat mechanism. It still feels and sounds like it's stuttering when it moves and I want to have the rocking seat addressed. Other than that, I'm happy to have her home!!
Old 12-09-2008, 05:12 PM

good to hear bro...
Old 12-09-2008, 05:20 PM

I dont understand... that sucks about your car.... but who posts an accident thread without a pic?? its like j/off and not finishing, lol
Old 12-09-2008, 05:38 PM

Congrats on getting the whip back, I hope to be joining you by Saturday.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by ThisMaxIsTight
I dont understand... that sucks about your car.... but who posts an accident thread without a pic?? its like j/off and not finishing, lol
EWWWW!!! ( I'm not going to cheat myself!) lol! Go to www.myspace.com/drakutis to see the damage pics. I haven't taken any new one 's yet. The car looks perfect.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by bk2k3max
Congrats on getting the whip back, I hope to be joining you by Saturday.
I hope that they can get it done by Saturday. Initially they said it would be two weeks after and I would have it back. Please don't be surprised if it takes longer because you're getting all new parts, and then you have to go thru a three stage paint job and some other stuff.

Better for them to take the time to do it right, than to rush it.

Good luck
Old 12-09-2008, 05:54 PM

sorry about the accident.
i came in here thinking you're parting it out, i'd call dibs on the leather seats.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:04 AM

sorry to hear about it, glad everyone is alright!
Old 12-24-2008, 09:53 PM

Oh no! The damage looks awful. Sorry to hear.