Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) (https://maxima.org/forums/7th-generation-maxima-2009-2015-78/)
-   -   Parking Lights and Fogs only (https://maxima.org/forums/7th-generation-maxima-2009-2015/580668-parking-lights-fogs-only.html)

Tooruff 10-22-2009 10:59 PM

kmoney, where did you get the LED's from? Did they cause any problems with your flasher?

Kmoney 10-23-2009 07:19 AM

i got the LED from a car shop in Brooklyn. the only thing is that when i turn my signal, it flashes fast but in my opinion, i like it that way cuz its not that noticeable.. i will take a pic and post it for you to see..

Tooruff 10-23-2009 11:12 AM

Thanx kmoney, I'm going to see if i can find a LED flasher for the 7th gen.:D

TheCheeF 10-23-2009 11:13 AM

Right, I have both my turn signal bulbs changed (front/rear) but cant stand the increased rate in flashing. Although it does not look like that much of a difference, it bothers the hell out of me hearing the turn signal click noise going crazy while driving..

Does anyone know of any LED bulbs that would work and not create this increased signal speed.. or of any solutions that could have it back to the normal rate, obviously keeping the LEDs?

ratdoc 10-23-2009 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by TheCheeF (Post 7263990)
Right, I have both my turn signal bulbs changed (front/rear) but cant stand the increased rate in flashing. Although it does not look like that much of a difference, it bothers the hell out of me hearing the turn signal click noise going crazy while driving..

Does anyone know of any LED bulbs that would work and not create this increased signal speed.. or of any solutions that could have it back to the normal rate, obviously keeping the LEDs?

I believe you just need to wire a load leveler in line with your turn signals. Right now your car thinks your signals are burned out.

doubler8 11-22-2009 03:43 PM

Looks very cool. I wish it was stock to have fogs with just parking lights

Kmoney 01-13-2010 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by doubler8 (Post 7305441)
Looks very cool. I wish it was stock to have fogs with just parking lights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukqgt...layer_embedded

ANNINO 01-13-2010 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by TheCheeF (Post 7263990)

I used to just tell people I installed "hyper-blinkers" haha

hypno_1 01-15-2010 07:23 AM

so there is still no answer on if you can keep the car stock and have the parking lights and fogs on without the headlights? I just bought my 2010 max SV Premium pkg about 4days ago and that was the 1st mod i wanted to do. But i dont want to add anything or make it a whole big deal. I know on the 4th 5th n 6th gens it was a peice of cake to do

1sik4dsc 01-16-2010 06:42 PM

http://i46.tinypic.com/fd7cp1.jpg

1sik4dsc 01-16-2010 06:43 PM

^^my car with the parking light mod to come on with the fogs

2young2retire 01-16-2010 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by 1sik4dsc (Post 7379661)

And you did it how?

KillaKam 01-16-2010 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by 1sik4dsc (Post 7379661)

Yes how did you go about doing that? I've been wanting to do this to my car badly...

Thanx

liypfhe1 01-17-2010 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by 1sik4dsc (Post 7379659)

dude not only am i confused as to how come u still not being harassed by police for the front windshield, now your park and markers look like police lights.. at least from that photo.. im luvin your car soo much.... oh great photo btw.. love the angle

1sik4dsc 01-17-2010 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by 2young2retire (Post 7379674)
And you did it how?

Originally Posted by KillaKam (Post 7379692)
Yes how did you go about doing that? I've been wanting to do this to my car badly...

Thanx

i brought it to a shop who does car audio work, im pretty sure he went and put some kind of relay in it. Took about a good half hour to do, didnt look like an easy job.

KillaKam 01-18-2010 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by 1sik4dsc (Post 7380023)
i brought it to a shop who does car audio work, im pretty sure he went and put some kind of relay in it. Took about a good half hour to do, didnt look like an easy job.

Nice thanx or that info... Do they come on now with the parking lights or are you able to use the fog switch to turn them on and off as well?

1sik4dsc 01-19-2010 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by KillaKam (Post 7381849)
Nice thanx or that info... Do they come on now with the parking lights or are you able to use the fog switch to turn them on and off as well?

actually yes they come on now with the parking lights, the only thing i dont like is you cant use the fog light switch now to shut them on and off

2young2retire 01-19-2010 07:56 AM

Has anyone tried this?

http://maxima.bryanb.com/fog/fogrewire.html

67whitegoat 01-19-2010 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by 1sik4dsc (Post 7382209)
actually yes they come on now with the parking lights, the only thing i dont like is you cant use the fog light switch now to shut them on and off

So now the fogs are on all the time?

Kmoney 01-19-2010 06:46 PM

http://forums.maxima.org/picture.php...ictureid=11312

as 1sik4dsc said, take it to any car audio place and they will get it done. mine took more than an hour cause i have the S mode and he had to costume make my projector foglight to look like stock. so as on now, my foglight comes on with my parklight and it has a relay and ever since i got it done, i have never drive with my low beam since its a projector foglight with HID cut-off line(8k skyline blue). i knw it look green on pic

Kmoney 02-22-2010 07:40 AM

cops in new York(queens) have nothing better to do than to try to give you ticket.
last night i was driving with just my park light and fog light and got stop and said its illegal to driving with just your fog light and park light and my taillight is tinted too. he gave me a warning and he said next time he sees me without my headlight on, he will give me a ticket for that and my tinted taillight.. is that crazy or what?

NismoMax80 02-22-2010 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Kmoney (Post 7433665)
cops in new York(queens) have nothing better to do than to try to give you ticket.
last night i was driving with just my park light and fog light and got stop and said its illegal to driving with just your fog light and park light and my taillight is tinted too. he gave me a warning and he said next time he sees me without my headlight on, he will give me a ticket for that and my tinted taillight.. is that crazy or what?

if you drive like that at night of course it makes sense to get a ticket. technically you could get a ticket in some states for driving with fog lights on when there is no fog or inclement weather.

i drive with just my lower fog/driving lights if overcast or not quite night yet. but at night there is no way they provide enough light alone. you should be happy you only received a warning.

logik05se 02-24-2010 07:37 PM

I wired my fogs to work with my parking lights today via the fuse relay box under the hood. Ridiculously easy, took about 10 minutes.

2young2retire 02-25-2010 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by logik05se (Post 7438662)
I wired my fogs to work with my parking lights today via the fuse relay box under the hood. Ridiculously easy, took about 10 minutes.

Well, we are all waiting on how you did it.

logik05se 02-25-2010 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by 2young2retire (Post 7440381)
Well, we are all waiting on how you did it.

I know I know lol, Ive just been very busy at work. I'm of sunday and monday so i'll get around to posting a few pics and a little DIY. I'm a service advisor at Nissan BTW, so I'll print out the wiring diagram for our cars and see if I can scan it up for everyone.

Flip2cho 02-26-2010 03:49 AM

Best way to do it is actually very simple. Only down fall is you will loose control of the fogs from the switch on the steering column and will always come on/off with the parking lights.

1.)Go to auto zone or discount auto or where ever and buy and inexpensive cube style 12volt DC NO (normally open) relay.

2.)Tap into one of the 12v positive parking light wires and run the wire to one side of the coil on the relay

3.) Run a wire from the other side of the relay coil to a good ground.

4.) Run a fused wire from the positive post on the Battery to one side of the power passing NO (normally open) post on the relay

5.) Run a wire from the other NO (normally open) post on the relay to one of the wires for the Fog lights.

6.)Run the other Fog wire directly to a good ground.

This will let you turn on the fogs every time you turn your parking lights on and will not put any strain on the OEM wires since you only use them to pull in the relay.

If this sounds hard or confusing you probably shouldn't be messing with your factory wires to start with.

logik05se 02-26-2010 07:01 AM

^^thats doable, but way more complicated then how I did it. Fuse relay method = 4 wires, 6 small pieces of electrical tape or wire caps and 10 minutes of your time.

vinbags44 06-10-2010 07:01 PM

If I come by your shop could you show me how to do this? I pass by Queens Nissan every day...

D-STREET-ALTIMA 06-10-2010 07:10 PM

need to know too!!

k757 06-11-2010 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by logik05se (Post 7438662)

you are leaving us in suspense. I guess those who are nearby to Queens Nissan can pop by and say "hi" Anyone up for a mini-meet? :D

Kmoney 06-12-2010 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by k757 (Post 7598376)
you are leaving us in suspense. I guess those who are nearby to Queens Nissan can pop by and say "hi" Anyone up for a mini-meet? :D

mini-meet 2day? what queens nissan? five town nissan?

Flip2cho 06-12-2010 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by logik05se (Post 7441056)
^^thats doable, but way more complicated then how I did it. Fuse relay method = 4 wires, 6 small pieces of electrical tape or wire caps and 10 minutes of your time.

Can you turn your fogs on and off with the actual fog light switch in your steering column while the headlights are on? I just figured out a quick work around to have the real switch still functional to turn the fogs off and on while the headlights are on but still be able to have the fogs on with the parking lights only, no headlights. I cant believe i didnt think of it before. Has anybody else figured out a way to do this?

smarty666 06-12-2010 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Flip2cho (Post 7598885)
Can you turn your fogs on and off with the actual fog light switch in your steering column while the headlights are on? I just figured out a quick work around to have the real switch still functional to turn the fogs off and on while the headlights are on but still be able to have the fogs on with the parking lights only, no headlights. I cant believe i didnt think of it before.

This is the kind of thing, Canadian Nissan buyers have to do, in order to meet the Canadian DRL requirement, they rig it so that their fog lights are on all the time and act as DRLs so they don't hear ****! Would be nice for Nissan to just put a decent/cool looking LED DRL on the thing so nobody would have to go through this!

Llfe 01-16-2011 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Flip2cho (Post 7598885)
Can you turn your fogs on and off with the actual fog light switch in your steering column while the headlights are on? I just figured out a quick work around to have the real switch still functional to turn the fogs off and on while the headlights are on but still be able to have the fogs on with the parking lights only, no headlights. I cant believe i didnt think of it before. Has anybody else figured out a way to do this?

so what was your quick work around?

i would like to do this mod but still have full functionality with HIDs in the fogs

Tee00Max 11-02-2011 08:09 AM

has anyone done this yet and have a write-up on it. Love the re-wire, had it done on my 5th gen.

mrdjc614 11-02-2011 03:37 PM

lookin nice

slimbisquit 11-06-2011 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by DJWILLIE (Post 7100784)
Thanks 4 this!

I like the Reverse Mirror Tilt (both mirrors)

you will love that, i have it in my maxima, came with the model i have with the backup camera

Kev7Gen 11-06-2011 06:37 PM

what i did on my 2011 max was just take my headlight bulb out and put it in the fog and the fog into the headlight.the wires reach with problem and now i can drive where my fog are on with the parking light and when i want my headlights on all I have to do is turn the knob for my fogs. Real easy and now it looks sick..

silver7thgen 11-06-2011 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Kev7Gen (Post 8260596)
what i did on my 2011 max was just take my headlight bulb out and put it in the fog and the fog into the headlight.the wires reach with problem and now i can drive where my fog are on with the parking light and when i want my headlights on all I have to do is turn the knob for my fogs. Real easy and now it looks sick..

Sounds Simple enough. Will prob make the change over this week.

Car Addict 11-06-2011 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Kev7Gen (Post 8260596)

do you have hid headlights? if not i wonder if it would still work :confused: