Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) (https://maxima.org/forums/7th-generation-maxima-2009-2015-78/)
-   -   Maxima Bose system (https://maxima.org/forums/7th-generation-maxima-2009-2015/584277-maxima-bose-system.html)

whit 03-03-2009 09:02 AM

Maxima Bose system

For those who have the maxima now, what is your impression of the Bose system ??

and does it have 9 speakers and 2 subs? nothing on the window stickers of the cars say anything..

form listening to the Bose it sounds great, but some xm stations did not sound so great. Like it should of had a equalizer to adjust sounds more cause the tremble and base wasnt sufficient enough ..

any thoughts guys???

Xeross 03-03-2009 09:41 AM

I absloutly love it. The XM stations are not bad, but I have my iPod going most of the time. I do wish the system had more controls than bass and treble, but it sound wonderful as is

lightonthehill 03-03-2009 10:54 AM

So far, I have had no complaints with my Bose. There are many here on the ORG who would have liked to be able to make adjustments in the midrange (we can only adjust treble and bass), but I get around that by adjusting both trebel and bass up or down simultaneously so that the effect is to make the midrange less or more pronounced to suit my ears.

I'm not using the Bose as much right now because the noise from the open double-panel sunroof is considerable. When hot weather arrives (in April or May where I live) and I close my sunroof, I will be using the Bose more.

BlueMax 03-03-2009 12:22 PM

I have not figured out how many speakers it has, but it sounds great to me. A friend has an older caddy that had a Bose system that he has added amps and new speakers and so forth. The Maxima sounds much better (even to him).

Like Xeross, I listen mostly to iPod, but I boosted both bass and treble because the midrange seemed a little too "bright" to me with the controls flat.

Compusmurf 03-03-2009 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by whit (Post 6907351)
and does it have 9 speakers and 2 subs?

I count 9 total, which includes the 2 subs in the back window.

2 in rear door, 2 in front door, 2 subs in rear window deck, 2 on each side of dashboard and 1 in the center of dashboard.

Hope this helps..

I miss having equalizer.

MaxMus 03-03-2009 01:07 PM

I have never had a car that included equalizer controls. Does Lexus offer that level of control on their cars? I would love to know how many watts this system is pushing. This is the only car I have ever purchased that didn't tell you how much power the system has.

I like how it sounds. It's pretty powerful, but when you push it, the bass gets a little distorted. Sometimes the mid-range sounds flat on some of the songs that I play, but that could be the mp3 compression.

I really wish Nissan would drop the Bose sound systems and use a real audio manufacturer instead of a audio marketing company.

eccentrichiphop 03-03-2009 02:57 PM

6 cd changer

does anyone have a max sv sport w/ tech package?? and if u do... do u have a 6 cd changer?? cuzz on the website on nissan dey say 6 cd changer and never notices it till now... juss wondering cuz i only have one cd player!

mls277 03-03-2009 03:27 PM

I have the SV Sport (no tech) and it has a 6 CD in the dash. Not sure about the tech version.

Overall it sounds great. I don't play it too loud (used to have a HUGE car stereo and it got old) but it sounds great. Nice clean sound no distortion.

mark7070 03-03-2009 03:37 PM

Bose system sounds really good - radio, CD, Sat or Ipod. It all sounds great.

Lirathal 03-03-2009 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by eccentrichiphop (Post 6908187)
does anyone have a max sv sport w/ tech package?? and if u do... do u have a 6 cd changer?? cuzz on the website on nissan dey say 6 cd changer and never notices it till now... juss wondering cuz i only have one cd player!

The technology package only has a single disc CD player because of the hard drive navigation system, that's what I would assume anyway... if you need more than one CD full of mp3s ... move them to the hard drive or use the compact flash or use an iPod .. the list goes on.

LILAZNSHAGGY09 03-03-2009 03:43 PM

i have a maxima with premium package, i love the clarity of all the sound, has anyone tried sitting in the back seat, its really different. i notice most of the soundstage is up front, not as much treble or mid in the rear.

Well I am upgrading once i get home JL vr components, Jl 12w7 and a JL 1000/1

MaxMus 03-03-2009 03:59 PM

Yeah, the sound seems to come from the front (except the deep bass). My M35X with the studio surround sound was freaking amazing.

lightonthehill 03-04-2009 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lirathal (Post 6908279)
The technology package only has a single disc CD player because of the hard drive navigation system, that's what I would assume anyway... if you need more than one CD full of mp3s ... move them to the hard drive or use the compact flash or use an iPod .. the list goes on.

Correct.

joevtz90 03-04-2009 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by eccentrichiphop (Post 6908187)

I have the SV sport w/ tech and it only has one CD player. They take out the 6-changer and put in a hard drive to download all your CDs onto

madlaw1071 03-04-2009 07:38 AM

I'd say the stereo is the weak link of an otherwise technologically advanced car. It is no where near on the level of the Acura TL system. As others have said, the lack of a mid-range adjustment is a HUGE oversight.

Xeross 03-04-2009 08:35 AM

The lack of midrange adjustment is dissapointing, but you can effectivly adjust the midrange by lowering or raising BOTH treble and bass together and lower or raise the volume as needed. A little tedious, but it works.

Lirathal 03-04-2009 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by madlaw1071 (Post 6909621)
I'd say the stereo is the weak link of an otherwise technologically advanced car. It is no where near on the level of the Acura TL system. As others have said, the lack of a mid-range adjustment is a HUGE oversight.

I agree with you in principle. They should have built in some mid range adjustments in to the system, but I also believe for the extra $2.00 it would have cost, they should have thrown in a DVD drive as well and mated it with the firmware. DVD Audio, DVD Video (since it supports video already a DVD decoder isn't much more to license) DVD MP3 and the most important part, DVD updates to the Nav system over the years.

I guess we have to realise that as a package the car is one of the best values on the market. If we wanted to we could nit-pick about the little things that it's missing, but compare it to even more expensive cars, and some of the feature set you are getting on this car will amaze most people for it's price point.

whit 03-04-2009 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by joevtz90 (Post 6909437)
I have the SV sport w/ tech and it only has one CD player. They take out the 6-changer and put in a hard drive to download all your CDs onto

is it difficult to download the cd's into the hard drive?? and does the sound quality sound good??

whit 03-04-2009 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Lirathal (Post 6909753)
I agree with you in principle. They should have built in some mid range adjustments in to the system, but I also believe for the extra $2.00 it would have cost, they should have thrown in a DVD drive as well and mated it with the firmware. DVD Audio, DVD Video (since it supports video already a DVD decoder isn't much more to license) DVD MP3 and the most important part, DVD updates to the Nav system over the years.

I guess we have to realise that as a package the car is one of the best values on the market. If we wanted to we could nit-pick about the little things that it's missing, but compare it to even more expensive cars, and some of the feature set you are getting on this car will amaze most people for it's price point.

so can u watch DVD movies in the car with the tech package :confused::confused::confused: and if so im sure only while parked :confused:

Xeross 03-04-2009 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by whit (Post 6909801)
so can u watch DVD movies in the car with the tech package :confused::confused::confused: and if so im sure only while parked :confused:

You can if you hook up a DVD player to the AUX connections. And have to be parked for it to work.

Lirathal 03-04-2009 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by whit (Post 6909801)

No no ... what I WAS saying was a response to another comment about the swap out to the single CD player. Instead of a CDRom in the deck, they should have included a DVDRom in the deck so we _could_ do all those things. My main point was for Nav updates.

So to clairify you can NOT do those things, it would have been possible of other changes were made to the nav and sound system.

Xer is right though, you can hook a DVD player, iPod or any other video out device to the AUX adapter and watch movies. Of course only while parked, or until someone figures out the bypass for it.

Xeross 03-04-2009 09:29 AM

Bypass it? Why the HELL would you watch a movie while driving? Bypassing that safety feature should make it so the car won't work. If the passenger wants to watch a movie give them the portable DVD player and have them watch that. Seriously I hope no one bypasses that. There are enough crappy drivers out there as is.

Lirathal 03-04-2009 09:36 AM

The bypass doesn't just bypass the ability to watch a movie, but the ability to use the NAVI system while on the move. Instead of having to pull off the highway to put in an address in your NAV unit, you could enter the address while on the move. That is one of the main premises for bypassing the NAV system.

I am in complete agreement, watching DVDs while driving is retarded ... however if you are on a straight stretch of highway with no one around and you want to find the nearest gas station... you should be able to do that with out pulling over and stopping or using a voice command that isn't trained.

:D

Xeross 03-04-2009 09:42 AM

I haven't used the voice command system to its full extent, but what I have used is extreemly easy.

Lirathal 03-04-2009 11:09 AM

I found that it was a little bit perplexed when you were trying to get an address or a phone number in there. Zero and 'o', some words. I think it comes down to accents and dialecs. I mean the way I talk is a west coast canadian is much different than some one from Boston Mass :D ... so they have to make it some what ... flexible :P.

lightonthehill 03-05-2009 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by whit (Post 6909793)
is it difficult to download the cd's into the hard drive?? and does the sound quality sound good??

Very easy. I loaded dozens of CDs the first month I had my Maxima. For an hour-long CD, it takes the system about 10 minutes (sometimes less) to load it to the hard drive. If you park, turn the car off while the CD is being moved to the hard drive, and go into a restaurant to eat, when you restart the car later, this system picks up moving the CD to the hard drive right at the same song it was moving when you turned off the car - doesn't miss a beat.

Except for some older or unusual CDs, the album title and each song title is stored and displayed as you play the album. You can also display a list of all albums on the hard drive, sorted in any of several ways such as alphabetically by album title, singer title, type of music, etc.

I cannot tell the difference in sound quality between playing from the hard drive and playing the CD itself. I really do like this music box!

D-STREET-ALTIMA 03-05-2009 08:02 AM

its bose for heaven sakes.. if u think that your bose system doesnt sound right. i think u might just being picky.... ive never went into a car with a bose system and said to myself .. that system sounds wack... Never!!! even on old model cars... .. i think it might just be in ya head.... just kidding.. but forreal the bose system realy rocks in the 09 max... no need for any mods... ill leave as it is... !! nyce

whit 03-05-2009 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill (Post 6911540)
Very easy. I loaded dozens of CDs the first month I had my Maxima. For an hour-long CD, it takes the system about 10 minutes (sometimes less) to load it to the hard drive. If you park, turn the car off while the CD is being moved to the hard drive, and go into a restaurant to eat, when you restart the car later, this system picks up moving the CD to the hard drive right at the same song it was moving when you turned off the car - doesn't miss a beat.

Except for some older or unusual CDs, the album title and each song title is stored and displayed as you play the album. You can also display a list of all albums on the hard drive, sorted in any of several ways such as alphabetically by album title, singer title, type of music, etc.

I cannot tell the difference in sound quality between playing from the hard drive and playing the CD itself. I really do like this music box!

so can you also delete cd's that you have put into the hard drive if and when u no longer want them in there:confused::confused:

would you say the hard drive is better than having the 6 disk in dash :confused:..i guess it would elimiate having all those cd's in the car anymore :D

Lirathal 03-05-2009 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by whit (Post 6911872)
so can you also delete cd's that you have put into the hard drive if and when u no longer want them in there:confused::confused:

would you say the hard drive is better than having the 6 disk in dash :confused:..i guess it would elimiate having all those cd's in the car anymore :D

It's like comparing a CD Player, to an MP3 player. What would you rather carry ... 20lbs of CDs and batteries? or 20 hours of music in a slim and trim device. You can delete mp3s encoded on to the hard drive at any time and replace them with more.

Using the hard disk drive is quite easy and quite nice. Read up in the manual how to use it effectively and welcome yourself to the late 90's ... in to the world of mp3s ;)

Xeross 03-05-2009 09:51 AM

Personnaly I would say that the iPod connectivity removes the need for BOTH the 6 CD changer and the built in hard drive. However if you do not have an iPod the hard drive is definitly a nice alternative.

MaxMus 03-05-2009 09:54 AM

I agree. The music box is kind of redundant if you have an Ipod/Iphone. I'd rather have the 6CD changer instead. Or a DVD based disc player.

Lirathal 03-05-2009 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by MaxMus (Post 6912007)
I agree. The music box is kind of redundant if you have an Ipod/Iphone. I'd rather have the 6CD changer instead. Or a DVD based disc player.

I guess I'm not the only one who thought that. Why wouldn't they put a DVD in there for upgrades to the NAV system over time. Just doesn't make sense.

whit 04-02-2009 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by joevtz90 (Post 6909437)

my car just came in 2day and i have the technology package, ie, navigation, voice, rear camera,9.3g hard drive. BUT i also has 6 buttons above that looks like the 6 disk changer:confused::confused::confused:.. is that just how the system is made??

prymal 04-02-2009 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by whit (Post 6961463)
my car just came in 2day and i have the technology package, ie, navigation, voice, rear camera,9.3g hard drive. BUT i also has 6 buttons above that looks like the 6 disk changer:confused::confused::confused:.. is that just how the system is made??

those 6 buttons are for FM/AM/XM radio memory if you have the technology package, as it is only a 1-disc player.

MAXENVY 04-02-2009 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lirathal (Post 6912327)
I guess I'm not the only one who thought that. Why wouldn't they put a DVD in there for upgrades to the NAV system over time. Just doesn't make sense.

The navigation does not need to be upgraded using a disk. The navigation is run through satellite because it is and XM service. Therefore it constantly updates itself.

Compusmurf 04-03-2009 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by MAXENVY (Post 6961909)
The navigation does not need to be upgraded using a disk. The navigation is run through satellite because it is and XM service. Therefore it constantly updates itself.

Maxenvy,

Not exactly true. The sat broadcasts certain data streams and location info. The actual maps are on the hard drive.

:)

whit 04-03-2009 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Compusmurf (Post 6962834)
Maxenvy,

Not exactly true. The sat broadcasts certain data streams and location info. The actual maps are on the hard drive.

:)

thats what i thought also, so you would need to somehow download a cd with all new current info. in time.

in time, we should do a group buy on the cd with updated maps and share the cd, just mail it to everyone. I see this alot on other forums.

rossdog1234 04-04-2009 10:04 PM

are u sure?

Originally Posted by MAXENVY (Post 6961909)

What is the purpose of the cd?

fate167 04-12-2009 11:59 AM

love bose system sound great xm radio sound lilttle different though but cool.

Compusmurf 04-12-2009 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by rossdog1234 (Post 6965933)
What is the purpose of the cd?

The purpose of the CD would contain the updated map pack for the US.

Some companies do quarterly map updates, some bi yearly and the rest are yearly.

The Nav maps in our cars are already AT LEAST 6 months old.